ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Big 10 Tournament Session II Thread

In Cobe's match he was in deep on a double and wasn't able to power through -- my uneducated guess is that his shouder problem is limiting him in positions like that.
He just stopped driving forward. To me it felt like he was surprised by how deep he was on that double and momentarily froze.
Great scramble though and finish.

Reactions: Mendoza77
Abe tries a snap but Bates wasn't hodling on
Bates sanp
not mcuh
Abe ankle pick and is behind and Bates steps over has his head on legs
SM for PD
"Are you kidding me?"
"how was that not two"
"How do you now get the head out>"
Another double but arm trapped SM
end of 1
0-0
Two good shots and no finish for AA.

2nd
Abe on top
Bates out in 6w
0-1
Bates on a leg Whizzard and stacked
We have a leg
SM
1:02
That looked PD
That was a deep shot we got out of.
Snap and almost for AA
40s
Bates does want to tie up
ABe deep on a single and working and fighting and finally gets a TD
"Pull your right arm out!"
"That referree forever to call that 2"
Leg turk ?
nothing
end of 2
2-1

third
Abe down
up and out in 10 seonds
3-1
RT is 10s for Abe
Bates in deep and Abe has legs
both wrestlers have other legs
SM
1m
Bates another single
ABe on a leg
hang out for 10 seconds
38s SM

You can take guys down/return guys pretty hard in college wrestling. But he left his feet, sort of like you see in freestyle often, and that's likely going to get called in folkstyle. Was unnecessary, can't really blame anyone but himself for that one

Have seen a few guys do that...IIRC, RBY did the little freestyle hop and finish on Teske but Teske was going straight back so it was more a momentum thing.

Here is the Gomez slam. Textbook.

You can’t even question that call. It was a 110% correct. In days past the called that move a pile driver. Where in this sequence was he returned safely to the mat. The let a lot go as good tough wrestling, hell I think Lee of MN has a collarbone issue because of a mat return today. This guy had no chance to break the fall.
Gomez might have done that because of his knee injuries. I don’t think he could rotate him down. You still can’t do that.

Last edited:
So how does semi finals work? We watch what BTN lets us watch or split screen?

So update on AA
Question Mark What GIF

Are we sure teske is a true 133? He seems to just get handled with ease by the top 133s like he's giving up some strength

Reactions: MVPFAN
Siebrecht not gonna get it. Waited a little to long to try and score. Loses to chumbly at nw

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT