ADVERTISEMENT

Aj's enrollment

Wouod you let him date your daughter?
He was never tried for sexual battery, so not aquitted in the legal sense. In fact i believe the original accuser dropped charges.Now if he had been say, accused, tried, convicted and fined for sexual abuse, and admitted doing it, maybe id think differently of him...right? Would not let someone in that situation close to my daughter... right? I think thats what you are saying

Last edited:
Reactions: MAGAman
It's a terrible one. You live in 2023. Are you trying to tell me that you alone in society have not judged people based on the information you get thru public means?
Thanks for sharing what year it is. Who knew?
I have had an opinion on them but also hold judgement until I have all the facts.
No one here has all the facts.
I'm also a believer in second chances.
He appears to be doing the right things.

Last edited:
Comparing him to Casey Anthony and OJ is crazy. They went to a televised trial, you could see the evidence and both arguments, and it was obvious they had the right jury to get off. If this was the case with AJ, you opinion of his guilt would be more credible.
I don't have an opinion of his guilt. I have enough questions that I'd rather not have my favorite team associated with him; it's not his implicit right to wrestle in college. People get fired from their jobs all the time over salacious, credible accusations.

Reactions: bbwretler
Thanks for sharing what year it is. Who knew?
I have had an opinion on them but also hold judgement until I have all the facts.
No one here has all the facts.
I'm also a believer in second chances.
He appears to doing the right things.

Again, nobody is saying lock him up in prison; he is presumed innocent WITH REGARDS TO HIS FREEDOM until convicted in a court of law. That doesn't mean anything in the court of public opinion or in the general human experience. We live in a society of people and we are literally judging people all the time. Ever walk to the other side of a street because you didn't like the look of someone? How about Jeffrey Epstein? Technically never even tried on the charges he was arrested on, but I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement on him.

Lets take it down a level; I'll bet you have opinions on tons of people you've never met. Penn State wrestlers and coaches? Taylor Swift? Kim Kardashian? We do it literally all the time, and AJ Ferrari is not special nor exempt.
Comparing him to Casey Anthony and OJ is crazy. They went to a televised trial, you could see the evidence and both arguments, and it was obvious they had the right jury to get off. If this was the case with AJ, you opinion of his guilt would be more credible.
I didn't compare him to Casey Anthony or OJ Simpson. I compared the idea of grace to people who haven't been convicted of anything. Those people were actually tried in a court and a jury looked at all the evidence and found them not guilty, with much more access to ALL the evidence than you do, but you feel comfortable substituting your judgment for theirs, right? But people always ask for different treatment in situations where it could benefit them. Again, see above, talk about modern celebrities. I'll bet you have opinions on many that you've never met.

Reactions: Random4598375
I don't have an opinion of his guilt. I have enough questions that I'd rather not have my favorite team associated with him; it's not his implicit right to wrestle in college. People get fired from their jobs all the time over salacious, credible accusations.
If they have any money and sue they usually win the lawsuit. Being accused of something you didn't do because of opinion woukd really suck.
You are saying because of an unproven allegation he shouldn't be able to wrestle in college? Do you know how many false rape accusations are made every year just in the United States?
Pretty scary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Libertylover
Again, nobody is saying lock him up in prison; he is presumed innocent WITH REGARDS TO HIS FREEDOM until convicted in a court of law. That doesn't mean anything in the court of public opinion or in the general human experience. We live in a society of people and we are literally judging people all the time. Ever walk to the other side of a street because you didn't like the look of someone? How about Jeffrey Epstein? Technically never even tried on the charges he was arrested on, but I'm pretty sure we're all in agreement on him.

Lets take it down a level; I'll bet you have opinions on tons of people you've never met. Penn State wrestlers and coaches? Taylor Swift? Kim Kardashian? We do it literally all the time, and AJ Ferrari is not special nor exempt.

I didn't compare him to Casey Anthony or OJ Simpson. I compared the idea of grace to people who haven't been convicted of anything. Those people were actually tried in a court and a jury looked at all the evidence and found them not guilty, with much more access to ALL the evidence than you do, but you feel comfortable substituting your judgment for theirs, right? But people always ask for different treatment in situations where it could benefit them. Again, see above, talk about modern celebrities. I'll bet you have opinions on many that you've never met.
You're making a lot of assumptions about people.
Have I ever walked to the other side of the street because of how someone looked? Lol
Explain.
You aren't going to change my opinion nor am I yours.
As much as you might like to think you are the smartest guy in the room, you aren't.
Nor am I.

Last edited:
We will just have to agree to disagree @The Vak
Btw, I've never said a bad word about Cael.
Actually called him a genius in a post a day or two ago.

All kinds of self righteous, self appointed morality police officers like these are going to show up to tell you you’re a bad person for not passing judgement on AJ and welcoming him to the program. They’ll even get mad. Watch it happen…. They can save it.
jim carrey GIF by hero0fwar

Last edited:
Let's hold judgement on AJ too at this point. He was at the meet with 2 high character Hawks. Obviously he's doing the right things now. He didn't just show up on his own, the staff, team, and school are in.
He F*cked up, he appears to be trying to right the ship.

Let's give him a chance.
Amen to that, Sett! And when we say he "f'd up, it's not like the kid went on a shooting spree. Whatever he allegedly got caught doing didn't land him in prison nor did it result in a lengthy jail stay. So when he does finally suit up our fan base should treat him the same as they do everyone else on the team. If we/they try to hold him to a higher standard than the rest of the fellas we're setting us and him up for failure. At the end of the day he's still a kid just like his teammates, and kids at times will do some dumb shit things (look at some past Hawks). So I'm going to be embracing him and cheering for him like a MF'er every chance I get. I'm glad AJ and his brothers are now part of Hawkeye nation, and I'm hoping they get their friends, family, and any other badass wrestlers to come join the party. And if that gives us a "bad boy" image I'll embrace that as well We need a little something to shake things up in the program and produce more champions and hopefully having the Ferrari's in the house will do just that. I'm excited to see what we roll out for the Soldier Salute and even more excited to see what our team looks like when we hit our B10 schedule in January. Go F'ing Hawks!! :)

Wow, Gobblin, you couldn't be more wrong in this statement. The people who make those arguments are the ones who are supporting the AJ move. These are the win at all cost people. The potential consequences of taking on the risk of a man with his criminal and behavioral history, along with his shameless self promotion and extraordinary ego may negate all the positive influence Spencer has had in this program. It is a big risk.
"Taking on the risk of a man with his criminal and behavioral history?" If you don't mind, please do tell me about this man's criminal history. By your handle (dmlawdad), I'm thinking you're a lawyer or perhaps part of our law enforcement community. So tell me Law Dad, what has he been convicted of that would result in this big risk to our wrestling program? And "shameless self promotion and extraordinary ego?" What does one do to warrant getting those titles pinned to oneself? I've read the criminal charges against AJ, none of which resulted in convictions that I'm aware of; I've heard about him posting pictures of himself, some not appropriate, though in this day and age I don't think it's as unusual as one might think for college kids; and I've watched some of his videos, in most of which he acts like he has a huge ego and is very arrogant. But what else do you have?

What's the big risk? What did we lose by bringing AJ to Iowa...besides Chittum, who we might have lost anyhow, who knows? At the most, I see the risk of losing Chittum along with some time/energy we might have spent on other recruits who may/'may not have come to Iowa. On the other hand, if we didn't take AJ we likely wouldn't get his brothers, which to me means we would have missed out on two very solid potential national champions, and collectively - barring injuries - three very likely 3-4-time AAs.

As for me, I'm with Gobblin, and I'm thinking to myself, "Wow, DMLawDad, you couldn't be more wrong with your statement." And I'm not saying that in a mean sort of way; I'm just saying that I disagree with your take in this friendly conversation. In the end we're all Hawks fans, and with any luck everything all will go as planned and we'll be back on top of the wrestling world by this time next year. :)

Reactions: Greenheadhawk
Once again it comes down to. AJ making a bunch of bad choices/mistakes and certainly heading in the wrong direction. That being said, it also appears that he has NOT done anything so incredibly bad that he was convicted of a crime.

Does NOT give him a free pass!!! Still has to live with his past mistakes and hopefully LEARN and move forward in a better direction! That is what I believe most of us want to see and are hoping what IOWA can offer the kid.

I am sure that a lot of time/effort/ thought/ and energy have gone into this process. The kid has a life to live and whatever you believe about 2nd chances and what not, doesn't really matter!!! At IOWA this kid has a chance to LEARN, he has a chance to CORRECT his behavior, he has an opportunity to become a BETTER person!!!

For those who are against it, what would you like to see him do, or where would you like to see him be???

Are we going to try and lift the kid up saying straight out. "Listen you F-in dumb ass!!!! What in all hell is wrong with you???? What in hell are you thinking??? Who in hell do you think you are????? You get you sh*t together, you start acting like a grown man, you don't even think about doing ANY stupid sh*t!!!!"

It is ALL on him now to come full circle an prove or disprove he is worth the effort! Lets hope for EVERYONE sake that he is, and ALL young kids are who head down the wrong path, make mistakes, but get a chance to make a life that adds something to the world!!!!

No it means that he is doing what's needed to earn the respect of his teammates. He's also following the rules set forth by the University and TNT.
Did you not read my post? You think he just showed up on campus uninvited? Lol
You cherry picked the part about him sitting with Gabe and Ben, ignored the rest?
You look at it your way and I will look at it my way.

Look at Chance Marsteller, he was on top of the world in HS. He went down a bad bad path and crashed, he then found help with good people around him. He is now a father with a beautiful family, successful club and kicking ass on the mat.
These are good things and hopefully the Hawkeye nation is successful and supports the Ferrari brothers and they all become outstanding young men. Just as I would hope for all of the other wrestlers and students.

...are you saying that you only make decisions about people's character that you know? I'm not sure your political persuasion, but I'm sure you feel the other guy (this works either way, so I'm not trying to have a political debate) is somewhere between buffoon and criminal without ever having met them. Hell, 80% of this board has judged Cael Sanderson without ever having met him. That's our right as Americans.

Look, I'm not going to judge the people that are going rah rah for AJ Ferrari if/when he signs up. You're all adults, you can make your own decisions. But Ferrari isn't exempt from public discourse OR judgment for his past behaviors.
Calling a 20 something kid a p.o.s. in a public forum is a lot different than people talking shit about Carl bc of his now decades of our experiences watching and listening to him. Wouldn't you say? Same with the political figures though that's a can of worms that we don't need to open here.
It's just ridiculous imo to go that far with a kid based on a couple of dumb decisions and accusations.

This is what's wrong with society. You are a garbage individual.

You're making a lot of assumptions about people.
Have I ever walked to the other side of the street because of how someone looked? Lol
Explain.
You aren't going to change my opinion nor am I yours.
As much as you might like to think you are the smartest guy in the room, you aren't.
Nor am I.
Hey don't bring Spooner into this debate ;)

You don't have an opinion, but you have questions? Of course you have an opinion or you wouldn't be taking this pretty hard line stance. And yes, people get fired all the time for "credible" accusations. Just like employers get sued and lose all the time when these so called credible accusations turn out to be not so credible.

Agreed.

I also believe in 2nd chances. Or sometimes even 3rds. But what I don't agree with is that it has to be Iowa giving the extra chances. It depends on the situation.

But hey, this is inevitable, so here we go. And Cael absolutely 100% would have taken AJF.
I just wish the Ferrari deal was icing on the cake rather than the cake itself.

WTF… he said nothing wrong. Whether you like it or not, that is today’s society.

When people can’t get justice in the courts, they’ll police themselves. And the vast majority of women don’t get justice in the court system for these types of crimes.

People are acting in this thread like he received a not guilty verdict. Or that charges were dropped from lack of evidence. Neither are true; the victim of his assault was so horribly harassed, threatened, etc, she no longer found justice worth the pain of continuing. That’s a VERY different situation.

Count me in the camp of being very wary and not comfortable cheering for him even in a Hawkeye singlet. I hope over time he can show he’s changed and improved himself to make things easier. But count me in the camp that he is going to have to prove it to me and I’m not going to blind trust him.

But I will say that so far I’ve been impressed with this brother doing all the right things since he’s been in Iowa City. Hopefully AJ can do the same.

WTF… he said nothing wrong. Whether you like it or not, that is today’s society.

When people can’t get justice in the courts, they’ll police themselves. And the vast majority of women don’t get justice in the court system for these types of crimes.

People are acting in this thread like he received a not guilty verdict. Or that charges were dropped from lack of evidence. Neither are true; the victim of his assault was so horribly harassed, threatened, etc, she no longer found justice worth the pain of continuing. That’s a VERY different situation.

Count me in the camp of being very wary and not comfortable cheering for him even in a Hawkeye singlet. I hope over time he can show he’s changed and improved himself to make things easier. But count me in the camp that he is going to have to prove it to me and I’m not going to blind trust him.

But I will say that so far I’ve been impressed with this brother doing all the right things since he’s been in Iowa City. Hopefully AJ can do the same.
All fair comments.

You don't have an opinion, but you have questions? Of course you have an opinion or you wouldn't be taking this pretty hard line stance. And yes, people get fired all the time for "credible" accusations. Just like employers get sued and lose all the time when these so called credible accusations turn out to be not so credible.

I don't have an opinion as to his criminal guilt. I'm a criminal defense attorney. I can compartmentalize his criminal liability vs. what I think of him as a person and whether I want to root for him.

You should hang out with my ex-girlfriends.

Not gonna lie, I talked a lot of shit about Ferrari and all his past issues while he was with the Okie Pokies.

Then I heard he was potentially joining the Hawks and had explained his side of the situation, and the Brands liked what they heard.

TnT have the highest morals out there, and walk it how they talk it. They also have multiple daughters between the two of them.

If they believe Ferrari is innocent enough to join the program and stroll around Iowa City then I trust they've done their homework and will gladly root for AJ to turn his story around.

I trust T&T. If AJ joins the program I have faith in their evaluation of the situation and the person.

I don’t know AJ - any more than any of us do. But I DO trust the coaches and the program.
Montel Marion wasn’t a choirboy when we recruited him, but got his life together on our team and had a great last 2 years without getting into trouble. I was also nervous about Desantos, but that also worked out.

After sifting through 2 more pages here I see the cesspool is just cesspooling away and nothing officials been announced yet. How many more pages can we get before it’s real?!

Reactions: evashevsky58
All right. I think everyone has now made their opinion on this topic known. Moving forward.

When does he start?

It used to be that mid-year transfers couldn't compete for Iowa until the beginning of the 2nd semester. That's 1/16/24. Is that still the rule?

When it was announced Anthony would be joining 2nd semester it was said he could compete at the salute, I assumed attached.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT