ADVERTISEMENT

******Iowa vs Duke Game Thread******

Dix needs more minutes to see if he can hits 3's. its early hopefully Frans starts giving some guys more minutes to see what thaey can do earlier in games.
Anyone who can reliably hit threes needs a chance to play. The starters and larger minute guys at the wing aren't pulling their weight.

Iowa State is better than Duke.

They’ll make Murray look the softest he has all season long. That’s scary soft!!
No they’re not. Now they might play harder but they obviously are not better than Duke. And we are going to have to play way harder and tougher to beat them.

Iowa St is gonna jump on the Hawks early and do their best to absolutely bury them on Thursday night.

omg-omg-i-cant-wait.gif

Reactions: Legs94
If we could figure out how to shoot free throws and rebound we might be ok.

On the other hand there is a reason Fran has never made a sweet 16. It will never happen , he’s just not the guy.

But we are Iowa, and being mediocre is okay.

Closer to Unplayable chucker than a keep feeding the ball guy
Iowa will win so few games this season if they continue to shoot the ball this badly. Sub-20% from three again. Who else is going to make them with any consistency? Connor isn’t a volume shooter. Dix? Maybe. We need guys who can fill it up from deep otherwise our slashers (Perkins, Bowen, Ulis) become ineffective as teams pack the paint

Reactions: KcTo
Agree 100% - he’d be 7th or 8th guy off the Bench for most upper tier BT programs, but he’s the best we got…

I like Rebracca's effort by he is below average B1G center. Maybe Pmac and Sandfort will catch fire, maybe Bowen will end up starting and be a star, and maybe Murray will be able to be more consistent vs good teams.....if not, this looks like a 0.500 B1G team and that means most of the team is kinda average talent wise.

Man, if only fran would’ve tried some different lineups a little earlier. Nope just keep riding the guys that cant get a stop or make a shot. Bowen should be starting. His ceiling is so much higher than ulis.

I wouldn’t go that far. Seems like someone that could be a value off the bench for a top tier team even. His effort can rise others. I just don’t know that he should play at 5 but I think that was something he wanted in where he was transferring.
There is no other position he could play effectively. FR can't shoot, but he is not alone on this team.

Iowa shoots near their norm, it's a game. Lots of bunnies and open shots missed tonight.

I am glad it's early December and not February. Still time to get things righted.
I agree with your second point. Unfortunately, against teams with a pulse, this kind of shooting/scoring has been the norm

Reactions: HawkBall23
If we could figure out how to shoot free throws and rebound we might be ok.

On the other hand there is a reason Fran has never made a sweet 16. It will never happen , he’s just not the guy.

But we are Iowa, and being mediocre is okay.
FM babies his players and that is how they play, no intestinal fortitude. JMO

Iowa shoots near their norm, it's a game. Lots of bunnies and open shots missed tonight.

I am glad it's early December and not February. Still time to get things righted.
What are you talking about? Clemson, tcu, ga tech, duke. They shot like garbage all of those games. Me thinks that’s probably closer to the norm

To make the night worse. Wisconsin shooting well and Maryland can't hit the ocean. Effing Badgers win.

Iowa will win so few games this season if they continue to shoot the ball this badly. Sub-20% from three again. Who else is going to make them with any consistency? Connor isn’t a volume shooter. Dix? Maybe. We need guys who can fill it up from deep otherwise our slashers (Perkins, Bowen, Ulis) become ineffective as teams pack the paint
i agree, good question. PMac, Murray can get decent looks, but PMac is a defensive liability.

sandforts got a scholarship to make 3s

Until Kris and the vast majority of the rest of his teammates 'grow a pair', he and the Hawks are gonna keep looking like this in games against the caliber of teams like Duke/TCU/ISU and the upper tier of the B1G.

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT