ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Tennessee Game Thread*****

Deacon Hill 4/11 29 yds 1 int

Almost ANY other CFB team goes with the backup in the second half….given the consistent ineptitude of the starter.
I'm not sure why anyone believes that this staff has prepared any other QB's including Lainez to even go out and play. The offense is completely broken and it goes way beyond Deacon Hill.

I would shit on the floor in front of the players. Then point at the shit and tell the players that was them that half. Then give a really inspirational speech.
It-just-might-work GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
It-just-might-work GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Headed to

Pacing at giving up 450 yards with equal time on the field. We are getting whipped vs the run. Not blaming the defense, just recognizing right now it’s their worst game of the year so far. Now if we create 3 turnovers that result in a total of 3 points then we can feel good again.

Bye Brian. As an OC you were the absolute worst in college football. And there is no doubt about it.

They aren’t doing great, but it is only 14-0. With an even average offense, the defense has done enough to give us a chance. Unfortunately, our offense sucks ass and we have little to no shot at this game.

Most any other CFB team would have made a switch at QB after a couple weeks of watching Hill.
Remember in 18’. 6th yr sr kempt goes down for the clones. Bring in zeb Noland who stinks up the joint for 2 plus games. Then try unknown true frosh purdy. I guess what’s the downside at this point of trying someone else.

I'm not sure why anyone believes that this staff has prepared any other QB's including Lainez to even go out and play. The offense is completely broken and it goes way beyond Deacon Hill.
Thing is Marco is supposedly mobile. That in and of itself gives the kid a chance to make plays compared to Hill. Or at the very least to come in for a couple scripted plays to take advantage of the mobility.

Any way you slice it the situation is perplexing to put it mildly

And then if Marco proves Kirk was playing the wrong player all season? You know we can't have that!
I doubt Marco would be able to light a fire under this offense because the talent level is low, but it would be a KF nightmare. Scoring zero, getting an azz whooping, having a good cry with his boy and collecting a big pay check are what grooves with KF.

I already know y'all are going to make fun of me, but I have to ask one last time...

Does a human exist that Kirk trusts and respects enough that he might hand them the offense and let them run it however they want?

KF knows a ton of people in this business.. I'm not saying we could land that person, but does that person exist?

The last two seasons of the country's worst offense has me hella apathetic about football in general, let alone Iowa fball.

And Philbin, Chryst, et al - with Kirk holding tightly to the ventriloquist strings - isn't gonna be changing that anytime soon.

I think we'll finally see Marco in the second half, possibility as soon as our second offensive possession.

• Haha
Reactions: jonesy5960
Tell Hill to give his helmet and pads to someone off the street.

How exactly is Marco going to play worse?
How exactly is it going to "ruin his confidence"?
Hill would be a real bro if he secretly swapped jerseys with Marco at half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT