ADVERTISEMENT

.........Iowa vs William Jewel College Game Thread.........

Beautiful possession by the Hawks right before half... set up an easy Cook dunk with 6 seconds left. William Jewell comes down and nobody guards one guy on the wing. Dials up a 3 from the corner/wing and Hawks down 46-45 at half.

Wow much looks like the same ... no defense, missed FTs and we look way slow.

I'm worried.

Ran down the clock, made the shot and left shooter open for 3. A learning process.

A nicely designed play at the end of the half that didn't involve Player A dribbling it down and driving baseline to no avail, nice to see!

Division II William Jewell up by 1 at the half, 46- 45. Everybody has played. Cook leads scoring with 15, but he started really slow. Bohannon 2nd in scoring with 9. WJ is 7-10 from 3 and has out-rebounded the much taller Hawkeyes. Dailey looks a bit tentative, passing up several open shots. Iowa trying to get the ball into Cook, who has taken by far the most Iowa shots. Nunge and Garza look good- aggressive on the boards. Pemsl and Kriener haven't had many touches, but they've scored. Uhl played very little. Wagner has a couple strong boards. Ellingson payed quite a bit. Moss a little erratic with his shots. Did hit one long three. Baer has been pretty quiet on offense; hustled on defense. McCaffery has played well in backup role. Points in the paint even, although WJ has only one big man. To their credit, William Jewel is an experienced team, and is quicker than Iowa I'm sure that Fran is ripping a few at the half. Dolph and Bobby doing a good job. WJ up by 4 in 2nd. Moss will not play and Ellingson will get big minutes.

Last edited:
Only watched the last 8 minutes or so: woof. The last opponent William Jewell played in D-1 was a terrible Missouri team that let WJ score only 31 points... the entire game. WJ up 46-45 at the half. Huge defensive letdown on the final play. WJ shooting lights out, but we are struggling vs a 5 guard lineup.

So far, I'm impressed with Kriener, Nunge, and Wagner's defensive effort. Jewell putting up a fight. Lots of reaching in under the basket though. Let's see the adjustments Fran makes in half 2!

Reactions: War Hawkeye
Only watched the last 8 minutes or so: woof. The last opponent William Jewell played in D-1 was a terrible Missouri team that let WJ score only 31 points... the entire game. WJ up 46-45 at the half. Huge defensive letdown on the final play. WJ shooting lights out, but we are struggling vs a 5 guard lineup.

I'm pretty sure if this game meant something, we wouldn't have lineups out there that include Nunge, Cook and Pemsl against their 5 guards.

Reactions: War Hawkeye
Whelan from WJ comes out firing with a 3. Iowa responds with a turnover. WJ gets an offensive rebound. Official timeout to reset the shot clock. WJ out rebounding Iowa 24-20 despite playing 5 guards for a good portion of the 1st half

Garza looks slow and out of position on defense, no one there to challenge when they drive to the rim.

That’s what Brady needs to do. When he gets loaded up he needs to pull the trigger with no hesitation

So far, I'm impressed with Kriener, Nunge, and Wagner's defensive effort. Jewell putting up a fight. Lots of reaching in under the basket though. Let's see the adjustments Fran makes in half 2!

I always feel like we’re a better team with Wagner on the court. He’s everywhere.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT