ADVERTISEMENT

.........Iowa vs William Jewel College Game Thread.........

Also, I have no concerns about Connor. Really glad we have him. He plays 10-12 mins a game in my opinion.

(Assuming his redshirt is off of course)

Reactions: SotaHawk87
Also, I have no concerns about Connor. Really glad we have him. He plays 10-12 mins a game in my opinion.

(Assuming his redshirt is off of course)

Same, he looks really comfortable out there and ready to play. Odd thing is, the few times I watched him in HS I was not seeing what made him a top 100 guy.

Yea, Nunge sounds pretty impressive given this brief glimpse into his talents.

86-65 with about 7 minutes to go. Bohannon, Nunge, Cook, Pemsl playing many minutes in the second half and have ballooned Iowa's lead. Kriener played well but has four fouls. Moss has not played. Pemsl now 4 fouls and Garza back in and McCaffery for Bohannon.

105-81 win over Wm. Jewell. Riley Till dunks to finish the game. I'll try to post all the scorers' points. Nunge and Garza are Players of the Game by the radio crew.

Garza- 17 points, 9 rb
Nunge 16, 9 rb. Didn't miss a shot!
Cook- 16 pts, 4 rb
Bohannon- 19 pts, 5 rb
Kriener- 8pts.
Ellingson-6
Pemsl- 5
Wagner-4
McCaffery-6 pts
Uhl- 1
Moss-3, but hurt ankle in first half. Fran said it wasn't serious.
Baer- 0
Till- 2
Rose-0
Dailey-2

Last edited:
That's a good blocking call by the ref at mid court. The player intentionally stepped in front of Bohannon (?) to try and draw a charge but Bohannon has just caught the pass and started to turn and I believe the rule is you have to give a certain amount of space for the player to react to justify if it's a charge or not (That's my layman's terminology description......).

But anyway, I say it was a good call because I could EASILY see something like that happening when we play in conference or against a team like UNI, and some over-zealous ref calls it a charge, when it isn't.

Foot speed remains an issue. Not able to keep ball handlers in front of us. The nice part is we have a legit 15 fouls to give in the post.

I see that the game thread is in mid-season form.

No zone played by Iowa tonight. Man up big guys and defend those guards! Good scrimmage.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I see that the game thread is in mid-season form.

No zone played by Iowa tonight. Man up big guys and defend those guards! Good scrimmage.

That's what a mediocre football season will do. I couldn't watch or listen to a minute of it. Glad to see lots of pt.

Edit- forgot to agree with you. Still excited about this team. I think we have some major upside.

Pretty sure someone told me earlier this week that Nunge had outgrown playing the 3. I think that's all he's played tonight.

I KNOW you weren't talking about this..

"Yeah. Jack had a growth spurt and I'm not sure he's done yet. Not just height either. I was REALLY looking forward to watching a 6'9" slender kid from Indiana play the wing like a Uthoff only not too unselfish to shoot for three years.

The one time we finally get a growth spurt out of a kid after we recruit him and I didn't want it. :confused: Oh well, he's gonna make one he!! of a stretch four and post up guy. And Fran is still gonna play him at the wing...we move guys all over in the motion and so what that we gotta play a stifling zone on defense."

Exactly what I would expect being first game and playing 12+ players. Freshmen looked good, Nunge played exceptionally well. Hope Moss is ok. Slow start but made good halftime adjustments and then slowly pulled away. Go Hawks!!

Thank goodness. I apologize I got a little paranoid there.

I didn't mean to suggest anyone said it directly to me or that it was a reply. Merely that I had seen someone post it.

Generally when I say something like that, it because he has said something like that. Although, to be fair, he's been less irritating than normal, so I haven't put him on ignore...yet.

I didn't mean to suggest anyone said it directly to me or that it was a reply. Merely that I had seen someone post it.

Generally when I say something like that, it because he has said something like that. Although, to be fair, he's been less irritating than normal, so I haven't put him on ignore...yet.

He hasn't been around all day as far as I've seen. Fingers crossed. Or he's that new rookie Eyewejun, who appears to be about as nuts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT