ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Wisconsin Game Thread*****

I try to remain upbeat most all of the time. I understand there are ups and downs to a season, and I understand these are kids.

But if I am being honest with myself, I have to agree with this take. I will still watch and root for them because I am sure it matters to the players, but this team is soft, and whether they play in March Madness or NIT, not really sure it matters.
The fact of the matter is, you can't have any realistic expectations for a Fran McCaffery coached Iowa team to make any sort of noise come NCAA tournament time. And unfortunately, it's performances like tonight that remind us that this has always been and still remains the case.

EPYl3gzXsAAnkVH.jpg

Maybe, but if I am NBA GM and seeing Keegan...I would at least draft Kris in 2nd round and stick him in G-league and he can toughen up while getting paid vs trying to carry Fran another year.
Definitely not playing well last two games but you might be surprised what he can do with a supporting cast. Outside of him and Fil this team is shit

Same team year in and year out. No defense and just hope that a team goes cold in the NCAA tournament.
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: Iowa fans are the most masochistic in the country hands down...

And what other fan base has turned enabling bad behavior (e.g., nepotism, racist behavior, misogyny, homophobia) into an art form? smh

Last edited:
Reactions: badger-007
Definitely not playing well last two games but you might be surprised what he can do with a supporting cast. Outside of him and Fil this team is shit
Shooting has been atrocious both games and the defense was bad tonight. Defensively I thought they played well enough to win against NW.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: Iowa fans are the most masochistic in the country hands down, And what other fanbase has turned enabling bad behavior (e.g., nepotism, racist behavior, misogyny, homophobia) into an art form? smh
Maybe we are just fing tired of the Iowa football team, Iowa Men’s Basketball team, Chicago Bears constantly losing to the Wisconsin teams every freaking year.

This roster has no athleticism. Our guards and wings can't beat anyone off the dribble, and it's a huge problem. . Without a guy like Garza in the paint, teams can play us straight up and no help is ever required. To top it off, they don't have to guard half of our players at the 3 point line because we can't shoot.

In short....WE SUCK!
This is the same team that hit five threes in a row just last week. We can shoot, just not away from Carver.

I feel really bad for PM, he’s gone through a lot between cancer and anxiety it sucks. I put it 100% on his dad for putting him
In a $hty situation. He’s not a D1 player but daddy thinks so.

PMAC might be a great person. There is no shame is not being good enough to play Big10 level and sitting on bench. The shame is special treatment from Fran.

.PMAC never had to really prove himself because he was always tall and had reputation...now at college level, he has no position he can play. There is no way at 6'9 he should be matched up defending quick guards at the 3 position...but he is too soft to defend his natural position, which is PF. He's got Aaron White body type and doesn't do any Aaron White things.

This roster has no athleticism. Our guards and wings can't beat anyone off the dribble, and it's a huge problem. Without a guy like Garza in the paint, teams can play us straight up and no help is ever required. To top it off, they don't have to guard half of our players at the 3 point line because we can't shoot.

In short....WE SUCK!
I'm not high on the guards, but the forwards like to hang around the perimeter and just shoot threes, too. Tyler Wahl isn't the shooter Murray, Sandfort, or PMac is but he'll take it to you and work for better, higher percentage shots.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
McCaffery boys 1-9 from the floor for 2 points. That says it all . And that’s just on offense. Turnovers and impersonating a maple tree on D, means we essentially are playing 4 against 5, or worse when one of them, or God help us, both of them are on the floor at the same time. They both need to be sitting next to each other on the bench.

The fact of the matter is, you can't have any realistic expectations for a Fran McCaffery coached Iowa team to make any sort of noise come NCAA tournament time. And unfortunately, it's performances like tonight that remind us that this has always been and still remains the case.
Exactly, how many years are people willing to put up with mediocrity? Scared we might go 8-20 a year or 2? Have some balls and maybe get a young firecracker that takes us to another level occcasionally.
New blood, this movie sucks.

Last edited:
Shooting has been atrocious both games and the defense was bad tonight. Defensively I thought they played well enough to win against NW.
Yeah, even good players hit rough stretches. Still did 14 and 5 vs NW on an off night, if Connor did that some on here would be fawning over it. Oh and he's still averaging 20 and 8 for the season which speaks for itself. His supporting cast is shit, might be pressing because he knows if he's off team is screwed

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Yeah, even good players hit rough stretches. Still did 14 and 5 vs NW on an off night, if Connor did that some on here would be fawning over it. Oh and he's still averaging 20 and 8 for the season which speaks for itself. His supporting cast is shit, might be pressing because he knows if he's off team is screwed

He missed wide open 3s multiple times. He got out muscled for easy rebounds. Pressing looks more like hero ball contested shots off the dribble.

This roster has no athleticism. Our guards and wings can't beat anyone off the dribble, and it's a huge problem. Without a guy like Garza in the paint, teams can play us straight up and no help is ever required. To top it off, they don't have to guard half of our players at the 3 point line because we can't shoot.

In short....WE SUCK!
Honestly, I thought Perkins and Ulis could pretty much get wherever they wanted on the floor tonight but shots were mostly contested, and for some reason we keep hunting the three in half court sets even though we can't make them. In other words, we played exactly the way Wisconsin's system is set up to make us play.

Face it, if we're not getting in rhythm threes in transition or off a loose ball or long rebound, we're in trouble. Other than Perkins (kid is a bull), this is team is not built for grind it out games. Murray and Pmac tend to wilt when things get physical. It's a team that's going to need just the right matchup in the NCAAs, or their margin for error is slim.

Last edited:
I was referring to the team and not an individual player.

Honestly, I thought Perkins and Ulis could pretty much get wherever they wanted on the floor tonight but shots were mostly contested, and for some reason we keep hunting the three in half court sets even though we can't make them. In other words, we played exactly the way Wisconsin's system is set up to make us play.

Face it, if we're not getting in rhythm threes in transition or off a loose ball or long rebound, we're in trouble. Other than Perkins (kid is a bull), this is team is not built for grind it out games. Murray and Pmac tend to wilt when things get physical. It's a team that's going to need just the right matchup in the NCAAs, or their margin for error is slim.
I like Perkins but wished he would ot try to run over people. Twice last night for charges.
This is not street ball.

From Fran presser after game "...two games in a row where it wasn't dropping from 3 and I thought we competed pretty hard defensively....out of bounds play for six that was game right there..."

We missed threes and had a good defense and hyping up just how great Wisconsin is - that is your post game comments lol?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT