ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Kadyn Proctor expected to transfer back to Alabama

NFL free agency isn’t close to this crazy. I might as well just stick with the NFL. At least there are actual contracts and rules and shit.

FTR, if Proctor got more money from Alabama to come back, I really don’t blame Proctor. He really played Kirk, though, with this whole idea of being homesick. If the reason he is leaving is because he is unimpressed with the Lester hire and realizes Kirk isn’t changing and the offense is going to continue to suck, I don’t blame him either.

Either way, this might be the last straw for Kirk that compels him to retire early. I’m not sure I even care anymore about college football. Iowa is going to get left behind like so many other schools. Even if Kirk were to step down and a young coach who embraces NIL and the current culture of college football steps in, I don’t see the Swarm collective as being sustainable. It’s just not going to work.
The kid pulls shit like this and you blame Kirk ? Come on man, stop being a dumb ass.

Imagine being an Employer and seeing His History if He washes out in Football , How would You like Your Big Mac? Bump that I am going to work for Wendy's They give 15 minute breaks not 10 .

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
“Committing” to Iowa 2x … I guess we can believe more $ coming from Alabama. The unfortunate part is zero repercussions… Kids committing, de-committing … playing for 3-4 schools … Highest bidder wins. NCAA really screwed this up … Looking more and more like professional sports. Might as well place a cap limit on each program. Give kids one free transfer and anything more - you sit. As a coach - you have to hate this new world - especially the mid major programs. Kid has a “good” season and then hits the portal for $. At a minimum, KP should be required to sit one year. There has to be some type of penalty. What a shit-show…
Again, the NCAA has had its ASS kicked in court already, there not going to ask for caps or control. They know they can't win that battle in the courts.

Lets just clarify that statement. EVERYONE did NOT think NIL would be a good thing....
I do not follow NFL just Iowa grads to see how they did because I hate the way the NFL went corporate and embraced certain ideologies ect, College sports has gotten to that point where I am having a real issue staying " enthused " because of Kids like this who could care less about the State, School or Team . Why Should I be loyal to utter scumbags like that ?? For every Joe Evans there is 50 Proctors

People need to spray paint tiger hawks on any property owned by that family in Iowa. Bully the €unt fu€ks out of the state for good.

Whether it be Proctor's mom or Kadyn himself, he has loyalty and character issues. It certainly would have been nice to have had him, but I don't think the Iowa program needs a cancer like that hanging around. If he wants to go, don't let the door hit his big ass on the way out. That aside, I am sure there was a fair amount of tampering going on, to which if the NCAA doesn't get this reeled in it is going to destroy college football. I am already starting to lose some interest in college sports because of the crap that NIL has opened. Sure the kids love it, but to the majority of fans and coaches, it sucks. That is my 2 cents worth for the half cent it's worth. ;)

Eh, people like that don't give two shits about what others think
He already said that in an interview yesterday. He doesn't care what Bama fans said about him transferring and doesn't care about what Iowa fans say. I gave a little to NIL early-on but I'm done with that. When players are getting millions in college before they are 20, it sends the wrong message. I have had season tickets for 37 years and will be at Kinnick in the fall, with or without "what"s his name".

To the players who wear the black and gold, thank you for wanting to be Hawkeyes.

Holy F.

Seems he was using Iowa to get a better deal from Bama.
Jesus Christ. I’m off my phone for 4 waking hours and wake up to this?
Draymond Green Nba GIF

NIL has just exposed what was already going on behind the scenes. You don’t think kids were getting loads of cash before NIL ? Now that it’s legal it definitely has exploded and i don’t know how it gets regulated.

In an ideal world we were probably hoping this NIL program was gonna be some popular players getting a couple thousand bucks a year on their jersey sales.

I definitely find all of this off putting and on top of an Iowa offense that has made me want to go blind, it is getting harder to even care about the sport. At least the NFL has rules and regulations. It’s a business and treated as such.

What we are seeing in college is i guess capitalism run wild haha. Go get your $$$, who cares how

Ex
Again, the NCAA has had its ASS kicked in court already, there not going to ask for caps or control. They know they can't win that battle in the courts.
Exactly. I said it a few years ago that the NCAA has effectively thrown their arms up in the air.

I blame them for not setting the rules before it went to the courts.

They made no concessions for the pay-for-play crowd early on, and this is the final result.

Now, all that's left is the people footing the bill have the option to apply stipulations or contracts, which is about the only thing the courts will support.

Brad just said on KXNO Proctor hasn’t received a dollar from Swarm donations. The only money made came from corporate partners.

I always used to be more of a college sports fan but I’ve noticed myself paying more attention to pro sports lately.
Sure they move around as well but at least they sign a contract and aren’t with a team for a couple of months and then head back to their previous team. In fact, that is not allowed in pro sports.
Plus the pros are so much better at the sport they play unlike some of these backups in college making over a million dollars a year.

As much as I dislike Colin cowherd, he hit the nail on the head the other day. He said people are in love with Clark because she has been at a school for more than a year or two and people know who she is and can follow her. Granted I have a new child so my time has been occupied but outside of the big 10, I don’t think I know a single men’s college basketball player.

Maybe it’s time to turn the Big 10 and SEC into semi pro and make the remaining schools go back to how college football was. I can still be a fan of the semi pro iowa team but also find a true college team to root for as hard as that may be to do.

And everyone thought NIL would be a good thing.
I don't think that is true. Most people that follow college sports didn't like it because it turned the college sport into a professional game.

The Supreme Court did like NIL, but I don't think the supreme court members are big college sports fans.

Brad just said on KXNO Proctor hasn’t received a dollar from Swarm donations. The only money made came from corporate partners.
I don’t understand the difference.

Edit: I mean, I think I generally get it — “donation” is what average joe fans give; “corporate partners” are the Moon family and others. But in the end, I seems like a bit of smoke and mirrors to act like they are totally different from each other.

Last edited:
Maybe he didnt like what he was seeing in IC? Maybe behind the curtin the yellow brick road led to wasnt all about BF? Maybe Tesla business problems arent all about EVs. Maybe it is Elon? Maybe the issue is KF?

Last edited:
Reactions: Iron Doc
I think there was likely a social aspect to all this. I mean, I wonder if KP had really been accepted by his Iowa teammates. It’s not hard for me to imagine a scenario in which the guys who have been battling together for a couple of years don’t take kindly to the hotshot from Bama who shows up and expects to be treated like the team’s savior.

KP has always been a BMOC, and he may have expected to be able to step into a social situation that didn’t exist anymore.

You don’t go on Spring Break with your friends from your old school if you’ve made friends at your new school.

He already said that in an interview yesterday. He doesn't care what Bama fans said about him transferring and doesn't care about what Iowa fans say. I gave a little to NIL early-on but I'm done with that. When players are getting millions in college before they are 20, it sends the wrong message. I have had season tickets for 37 years and will be at Kinnick in the fall, with or without "what"s his name".

To the players who wear the black and gold, thank you for wanting to be Hawkeyes.
There are a number of other players that could have left Iowa for more money and they were loyal to Iowa and Kirk. This one is a kid with no integrity. We benefit from kids coming in the portal, but what he did here is way different.

I think there was likely a social aspect to all this. I mean, I wonder if KP had really been accepted by his Iowa teammates. It’s not hard for me to imagine a scenario in which the guys who have been battling together for a couple of years don’t take kindly to the hotshot from Bama who shows up and expects to be treated like the team’s savior.

KP has always been a BMOC, and he may have expected to be able to step into a social situation that didn’t exist anymore.

You don’t go on Spring Break with your friends from your old school if you’ve made friends at your new school.
I’d wager there was a d lineman or two that couldn’t wait to battle against him.

As much as I dislike Colin cowherd, he hit the nail on the head the other day. He said people are in love with Clark because she has been at a school for more than a year or two and people know who she is and can follow her. Granted I have a new child so my time has been occupied but outside of the big 10, I don’t think I know a single men’s college basketball player.

I definitely agree that a big attraction to college sports is the "storyline" of a "girl/boy next door" working hard and pursuing their dream only to find a measure of success in college competition, etc. To me, for that formula to feel right, there has to be some sort of team/school loyalty combined with continuity. In the absence of that, my interest in people that I don't know playing sports so as to individually extract the most $$'s possible in a given year is just not something that I see myself maintaining any interest in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT