ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Kadyn Proctor expected to transfer back to Alabama

I just read an article that talked about Iowa getting in trouble by the NCAA, a level 3 violation, for tampering because of KP's interview. I did not know that.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
NCAA can’t do anything about NIL or the dollars being thrown around.

I do think they could at least put it some hard dates where it’s “too late” to transfer and maybe even have sitting out to transfer costing them a year of eligibility.

If dates are already in place they need to change them to make “transfer season” a lot shorter.

I don’t blame the kid at all, if he can bank a million or two during college and invest it wisely he may never have to work a day in his life after football. Nobody is going to care in a decade or two about his school jumping and he will still have a lifetime of wealth.

• Sad
Reactions: DewHawk
Shades of Juan Harris, but with NIL money this time. Overweight and overhyped.

I don't wish ill on the young man, but it's best that everyone turn the page. Iowa's offensive woes go much deeper than a shoddy line, and it's not like KP was the keystone of a particularly great OL last year (Bama's OL was slightly less garbage than Iowa's; it was just disguised better by a mobile QB).

Brad just said on KXNO Proctor hasn’t received a dollar from Swarm donations. The only money made came from corporate partners.
Right but we’re all in this together with the corporate partners. We’re all trying to put the best product on the field with donations and expect Brad to be the best steward of our money as possible. I’ve been a big defender of Brad and still am, hopefully they’ve learned from this though.

• Haha
Reactions: peacehawk
I don’t understand the difference.

Edit: I mean, I think I generally get it — “donation” is what average joe fans give; “corporate partners” are the Moon family and others. But in the end, I seems like a bit of smoke and mirrors to act like they are totally different from each other.
And here's their payoff...

square-1466432197-giphy-7.gif

Reactions: Max_Rebo
Coaches (especially assistants) have been doing this for years, leaving kids they recruited behind. Can't blame these 18-19 year old kids to get caught up in the same scenario.

Tired of hearing anything about what Saban is saying lately how NIL is hurting the college game and these kids moving in their own interests is not good for the game. He is the one who purposely over recruited (way before NIL) every year bringing in more HS blue chippers than what they had room for, and then would send Bama scholarship vets (who might not be panning out) down the road to make room. He's grimy. Be gone.

Hate to see Proctor leave before he even got here, but you can't blame him after seeing the coaching our o-line has been receiving the last couple of years. No coaching change was made where we glaringly needed one! And here we are......
I truly believe this is not about the coaching scenario. It's all about the money.
Alabama came up with a larger sum. And about attending classes.

NCAA can’t do anything about NIL or the dollars being thrown around.

I do think they could at least put it some hard dates where it’s “too late” to transfer and maybe even have sitting out to transfer costing them a year of eligibility.

If dates are already in place they need to change them to make “transfer season” a lot shorter.
I don't know what rules exist now, nor do I know what rules the NCAA could put in play that would stand up in court to address this. But...there must be something that could be done, otherwise, what would prevent "in season" transfers?

What's to stop, say, Michigan from poaching a star player from OSU the week before the Big Game, etc? According to some, whatever the player can extract is good, right?

Why limit these poor players to transferring only when the season is over? I mean, for enough money, maybe let them switch teams at halftime, right?

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Not second guessing, but if SWARM is run like any well ran organization, there's a stipulation to prevent him from getting $$$ under these circumstances.

And if there wasn't, that's a massive mistake by the guy running the Collective.
Exactly, can anyone verify if he's received any money and or had to give it back?

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
I don't know what rules exist now, nor do I know what rules the NCAA could put in play that would stand up in court to address this. But...there must be something that could be done, otherwise, what would prevent "in season" transfers?

What's to stop, say, Michigan from poaching a star player from OSU the week before the Big Game, etc? According to some, whatever the player can extract is good, right?

Why limit these poor players to transferring only when the season is over? I mean, for enough money, maybe let them switch teams at halftime, right?
Or why limit a player to only 4 years of eligibility? Why require players to enroll in a certain number of hours? Why require passing grades at all?

I realize we’re riding down a slippery slope here, but it seems like this is the world that the “players rights” guys have created.

Thanks, J-Bo.

Yeah. It is called integrity. Some people still have it in today's world. Lots of guys on defense could have signed up elsewhere and bagged money. They didn't.
How is it integrity? Ever get into a job you know right away isn't a fit? As fans, few of us are really confident anything has change for the Iowa O.

Last edited:
How is it not integrity? Ever get into a job you know right away isn't a fit? As fans, few of us are really confident anything has change for the Iowa O.
One time I quit a job after one week.

But I didn’t take any money, other than my salary for the week I worked. And I gave back the moving allowance they had given me. And when they called me back a few months later with a new opening, I quickly and politely turned them down.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I definitely agree that a big attraction to college sports is the "storyline" of a "girl/boy next door" working hard and pursuing their dream only to find a measure of success in college competition, etc. To me, for that formula to feel right, there has to be some sort of team/school loyalty combined with continuity. In the absence of that, my interest in people that I don't know playing sports so as to individually extract the most $$'s possible in a given year is just not something that I see myself maintaining any interest in.
College athletics has gone down the drain, we got players that are basically free agents coming and going to the highest bidder. We got full grown men playing women's sports and then undressing in front of them in the locker rooms.

The whole situation makes me puke.

If the Iowa O scheme doesn't change much the need is for linemen that can move to protect and plow. I can believe he can plow, but he doesn't move very well for protection based on that BB video, for a Big 10 lineman.

This will sound like sour grapes, but I’m dead serious. This is not the type of individual that you want on your football team. This is a blessing in disguise, and an example of addition by subtraction.
It does free up a much needed scholly to get closer to 85. Small consolation.

How is it integrity? Ever get into a job you know right away isn't a fit? As fans, few of us are really confident anything has change for the Iowa O.
How many people sign up for a job, and quit before starting, then go to another job, quit that job after a year, and then come back to the first job and quit after a couple of months, before actually doing any work at that job, and then go back to the job he left the first job for?

Do you think that he transferred to Iowa on the notion that there was going to be some transcendent change in Iowa's offense, and only when that didn't transpire, he decided to go back to where he came from? What exactly about Iowa's program changed from when he was recruited in high school, committed, de-committed, signed at Alabama, left Alabama, came to Iowa and then went back to Alabama?

Integrity issue? Maybe. Frustrating? For sure. Alabama realized they couldn't just replace him, so they bought (er, brought) him back. And he was a willing participant. Call that what you want.

Makes one think how committed/invested you should be in the day to day comings and goings of the athletic department. Our loyalty to the Hawkeyes is not necessarily at the same level or shared by those who are on the teams or in the athletic department. It helps keep it in perspective.

Again, the NCAA has had its ASS kicked in court already, there not going to ask for caps or control. They know they can't win that battle in the courts.
Okay - you win… you’ve made it a point to pounce on my random general comment and me using an example of something needs to change …

Not this guy.

At the end of the day, character counts. It would appear that KP completely lacks it and really doesn’t care either. Eff him.
"At the end of the day, character counts." It should. It used to.

But look at Iowa and a lot of the country right now. Some folks on here are outraged over KP while continuing to support a far less scrupulous presidential candidate who's a convicted sexual pervert and financial fraudster who faces several other criminal cases, including 91 counts of trying to overthrow the US government.

Yes, at the end of the day character should count -- and not just in college football.

Maybe he didnt like what he was seeing in IC? Maybe behind the curtin the yellow brick road led to wasnt all about BF? Maybe Tesla business problems arent all about EVs. Maybe it is Elon? Maybe the issue is KF?
Or maybe he just a whore who goes to the highest bidder. Sure this is an Iowa problem. Ridiculous. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.....

Okay - you win… you’ve made it a point to pounce on my random general comment and me using an example of something needs to change …
Not trying to "pounce" on anyone. There's just no sense in thinking their going to be able to stuff the toothpaste back in the tube at this point. The NCAA has already been in court twice over this and got blown right out of the court both times. Ivy league players are joining an existing union. Lets just make them ALL employees and let the teams fire players for non performance and see how that shit goes over.....

Reactions: Iron Doc
Evidently Proctor did not take any SWARM money and the contract they sign does say that if they go to another school they forfeit all NIL cash. I'd post the tweet but X sucks and it's too big of a PITA to do that anymore.

At any rate, I'm no longer pissed that he is leaving but he can kiss his own ass on the way out the door. He's shown us who he is and he can take that attitude with him. We don't need it.

Ncaa needs to grow a pair of balls and implement real transfer rules, enough of guys transferring every year for more money, if the ncaa wants to be a pro league than go to salary cap like the nfl

"At the end of the day, character counts." It should. It used to.

But look at Iowa and a lot of the country right now. Some folks on here are outraged over KP while continuing to support a far less scrupulous presidential candidate who's a convicted sexual pervert and financial fraudster who faces several other criminal cases, including 91 counts of trying to overthrow the US government.

Yes, at the end of the day character should count -- and not just in college football.
You’ll get no argument from me on that point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT