ADVERTISEMENT

Kadyn Proctor explains commitment flip from Iowa to Alabama: 'I felt like I was settling'

The posters on this thread absolutely crack me up! The hostility supposed Iowa fans are directing to Proctor is uncalled for. I hope he shines at Alabama just to spite all of you! Kadyn, I'm one diehard Iowa fan wishing you nothing but success!
Yikes. Got to hand you the best loser award .

Reactions: Hawkdome
This is what happens when national attention and a million or so bucks are showered on an 18 year old.

He is completely full of himself after spending a couple of years having grown men kiss his

Coaches lie and cheat and get rewarded for it. They lie to players while recruiting them and then move on to a better paying gig.
Athletic directors lie and cheat, They get in bidding wars for coaches and have driven this entire play for pay business by doing so. Players see coaches sign huge deals, fail at their jobs and then get paid $10-15 milion to leave that job when they are run out of town. Why shouldn't players get a piece of the $$$ action and play for the highest bidder? I hate it. I don"t agree with it, but the Athletic Directors created this mess and hopefully they can find a way out of it. College football will never be college football anymore. Sad.

Reactions: Whinny
Wow, you’re a real Hawk fan. Way to support the program.
Is that what's going on here? Supporting the program?

It seems to me that everyone is sh*ting on a 17/18 year old kid because he threw a tiny bit of shade at the Hawks. And I'm pretty sure that some of the posters offended by "settling" are the same one's that trash the program every time the Hawks lose.

It seems to me that everyone is sh*ting on a 17/18 year old kid because he threw a tiny bit of shade at the Hawks. And I'm pretty sure that some of the posters offended by "settling" are the same one's that trash the program every time the Hawks lose.
Sometimes It’s best to follow the old adage”Silence is golden.”

It’s about the money. Always has been always will be.

If he is indeed getting 7 figures he 100% made the right choice.

Put half the take home into investments and only spend a portion of the interest he will be able to retire very very early.
That's the wise thing to do. But at 17...who knows what spending sprees he will do.

“It’s just mind-blowing that 40-year-olds, 50-year-olds are calling me the p-word and saying ‘F-you,’ I’m going to hell and stuff like that. It’s just crazy to hear.”

Seeing a lot of that on these boards lol. Go get that chedda KP

Name calling is not good. Neither is lying.
Life goes on. Proctor is gone. Iowa's future does not hinge on whether or not he plays at Iowa for a year or two. I recall Iowa signing 7 army all americans in one recruiting class. I think maybe two panned out?
If Proctor starts at Alabama as a freshman, he will get his ass handed to him by some of the best defensive lineman in the country. Hopefully Georgia and others continue to kick Alabama's ass and the snake in the grass (Saban) will slither off into the sundset.

" if they were truly an Iowa fan, then they wouldn’t have been talking about that and they would have been happy for me to be going to Alabama and representing the state.”

no kadyn, you aren't representing the state.
No kidding. Why would Iowans want a liar representing them?

Reactions: Bishop1971

You're gonna enjoy my thread as well.........

Btw, it's a good look for the program to have your state's highest rated recruit basically say that he'd be settling by playing for his home state's best program, and essentially throwing the OL/DL guys he'd be going up against at Iowa under the bus (yes he did that). He didn't feel like Iowa would test him.

That's a terrible look both for the program, and for recruiting for just a "tiny bit of shade".............

Reactions: SB_SB
You're gonna enjoy my thread as well.........

Btw, it's a good look for the program to have your state's highest rated recruit basically say that he'd be settling by playing for his home state's best program, and essentially throwing the OL/DL guys he'd be going up against at Iowa under the bus (yes he did that). He didn't feel like Iowa would test him.

That's a terrible look both for the program, and for recruiting for just a "tiny bit of shade".............
It will be forgotten in a week. But if he's reading this board the comments will stick with him forever.

I'm sure the Bama coaches planted that little nugget in his brain and he pulled it out when asked the question.

He's a teenager. I don't think he wanted to offend Iowa.

It will be forgotten in a week. But if he's reading this board the comments will stick with him forever.

I'm sure the Bama coaches planted that little nugget in his brain and he pulled it out when asked the question.

He's a teenager. I don't think he wanted to offend Iowa.

Agree. He's 18. I'd be willing to bet if most of us went back and revisited things we said when we were 18 it wouldn't be as articulate, composed, tactful, well thought out, etc., as some are expecting KP to be.

What I don’t understand is this. As far as the institution itself U Alabama is not very different from the U of Iowa regarding alumni, institutional wealth and so on. The states are not terribly different. Bama may have more former players who became wealthy im professional sports but in terms of boosters and affluent alumni, I can’t imagine Bama being very different from Iowa. Like Bama is no Texas, USC, Michigan or USC. I wouldn’t even put them in the same category as the average sports schools but highly regarded academic schools with affluent alumni such as UVA, UCLA, and UNC.
So how is it that they cam throw $1 mil to 4-5 kids every recruiting class?

What I don’t understand is this. As far as the institution itself U Alabama is not very different from the U of Iowa regarding alumni, institutional wealth and so on. The states are not terribly different. Bama may have more former players who became wealthy im professional sports but in terms of boosters and affluent alumni, I can’t imagine Bama being very different from Iowa. Like Bama is no Texas, USC, Michigan or USC. I wouldn’t even put them in the same category as the average sports schools but highly regarded academic schools with affluent alumni such as UVA, UCLA, and UNC.
Because they put all their lives into feeding the football collective. And that's why it's even funnier when they fail, both at the collegiate and the high school level when they compete nationally.

That's a good question. But do we really know how much money they give to the players?

A "big time booster" isn't just a fan with money. It's a fan with money to waste and is passionate about the team.

I know wealthy people that would call themselves fans of the Hawks, but I don't know anyone that would give $500,000 to a collective so they could get better players.

And I have no idea how these "collectives" work. If I am uber rich and want to give $1 million but I only want it to go to basketball players, can I do that?

It doesn’t come across well, but he’s a high school kid just repeating the sales pitch he bought from Alabama. After a little reflection I think he will cringe at what those words might mean to his gifted high school teammates that signed with Iowa and ISU.

Don’t read too much into it and move on.
This kid isn't going to give 2 shits about the opinion of any Iowan that doesn't share his last name in about 9 months.

This is the break up and he flat out said "it isn't me, it's you".

This kid isn't going to give 2 shits about the opinion of any Iowan that doesn't share his last name in about 9 months.

This is the break up and he flat out said "it isn't me, it's you".
Oh but I think both parties did what they shouldn't have done to make this not work...........................I'll leave it at that for now.

All it takes is a few multi-millionaires or billionaires that are rabid football fans and willing to spend big money on the program. Alabama has their share of those. Like Evilmonkey said, I know wealthy Iowa alumni, but don’t know many that are willing to drop millions to pay college football players.

The bigger question is how can KF keep these highly targeted in state recruits. Yes hes gotten some but there are others he hasn’t convinced to come to Iowa.
So you have someone in mind who will sign ALL the 5 stars out of Iowa, (however many that actually is), and none of them will go to OSU, or Michigan, of Bama etc...? Good luck with that....

Its actually pretty wildly different in favor of Iowa. Iowa's got a much bigger and richer alumni base than them. The problem for Iowa is institutional. The athletic director, his staff, and coaches here all treat athletics like they are intramurals and like this was 25 years ago when that was borderline the case. They are good people, and are competitive, but the coaches that have success in this day and age are borderline psychopaths that drive the institution, the donors, and the kids to championships above all else.

Its actually pretty wildly different in favor of Iowa. Iowa's got a much bigger and richer alumni base than them. The problem for Iowa is institutional. The athletic director, his staff, and coaches here all treat athletics like they are intramurals and like this was 25 years ago when that was borderline the case. They are good people, and are competitive, but the coaches that have success in this day and age are borderline psychopaths that drive the institution, the donors, and the kids to championships above all else.
Do you think Alabama has the “three legged stool?” Win, Graduate, Do it right. I’m not sure they care about the last two.

Have you considered that this may have been an agonizing decision for him? Do you think the coaching staff was oblivious to this possible flip until yesterday?

I have 3 boys. When they were teenagers big decisions were hard. But none of them had to make a decision like this.

And, unfortunately, if you have a chance to play for Alabama, Iowa would be "settling".
Fine. you make your choice, then you thank the Iowa coaches, say how it was a difficult decision but in the long run it was the best one for you. You do not belittle the team you just left at the last minute?

Do you think Alabama has the “three legged stool?” Win, Graduate, Do it right. I’m not sure they care about the last two.
Iowa

Win: 60% of the time.

Graduate: just don't pay attention to the African American graduation rates.

Do it right: as soon as we can finally clear the air from this last lawsuit we will be right back to telling you how right we do it!

Alabama:

Win: 95% of the time.

Graduate: see above

Do it right: we were doing it so right the NCAA switched to what we had been doing all along!

It's Symantecs.

"Life goes on. Proctor is gone. Iowa's future does not hinge on whether or not he plays at Iowa for a year or two".
And this is today's reality in college football. College ball has become nothing but a stepping stone for those eying the big bucks. It's no longer about loyalty or getting a good education. It's about finding the best place to get noticed for future playing opportunitie$. I will be shocked if this young man stays enrolled anywhere for more than two years before bolting for the NFL. He's made his choice, and he picked the correct team for his maximum exposure experience. (And I must say that I rather do enjoy the thought that Saban and 'Bama are being used by this kid. Ha!)

Reactions: Hendy hawk
If you think the states of Iowa and Alabama are not terribly different then I cannot help you. Look at every evaluation bracket: education, health care, community support services, etc. All are dramatically different. The only similarity is politics. Otherwise Iowa is dramatically above Alabama. Not even close.

He’s better hope he doesn’t get a serious injury because Saban has a long history of revoking injured players scholarships to make room for the next 5 star players coming in.
He will get $5 mill. He don’t care about no school or scholarship.

I mean, I’m not mad at Kadyn, glad he said the offense was a problem

All I know even as an 18 year old I would not have made the statements he made. Wasn’t in my character at 18 to do that. I have no problem with him going for the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT