ADVERTISEMENT

*****Kansas St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

sarcastic better late than never GIF by NBC
KSU's Coach is ready
ae628c4b330acf0308b67d2bc9917e15.jpg

So your saying leaning into the younger players would keep us from playing poorly…

Does anyone else know this?

You’d think every coach would embrace it, right!?
No. Why would you think that?

I wasn't talking about any other coaches or teams. This is a specific situation.

A doesn't equal B there.

In this case, I don't think the players that are done after this year are going to be excited to play in this tournament.

Most coaches aren't sitting their better players in favor of less effective ones in the first place.

No. Why would you think that?

I wasn't talking about any other coaches or teams. This is a specific situation.

A doesn't equal B there.

In this case, I don't think the players that are done after this year are going to be excited to play in this tournament.

Most coaches aren't sitting their better players in favor of less effective ones in the first place.

Bingo… yet pretty much every fan accuses them of just that playing the wrong players…doh!

I’m more interested than I thought I’d be. Guess I’m just a sucker for Iowa basketball. And I hate the lag between the end of basketball and the beginning of football.

Just really hope we see a lot of the freshman and not so much of the seniors. Harding should get 30 minutes.
I’m thinking we show up flat and get beat due to a bad shooting night and continued lack of defense and rebounding.
PMac continues his hopeful swan song year on the same note he started; uninspired.

Harding is no longer a freshmen, this is his 33 game he's played in, it's about time to see what he can do playing extended minutes against an actual D1 team without coming off the bench with Iowa down 10 points and trying to play the team out of a hole. Kansas St. has had it's troubles away from Manhattan, hope that continues.
Win or lose, I want to see lots of playing time for Payton, Dix and the 4 freshmen. Make it happen.
And yes, any time Iowa men's team plays a game, I'm excited!

Yea I want the players the fans want to play. I don’t even care if they win and no matter how bad the frosh play they need to stay on the floor.

Well, my point is Fran has been sitting his better players Harding, in favor of less effective ones, Patrick.

So in this case there's multiple reasons to lean into younger players.

Quite frankly this whole team is irratic as hell, EVERY player. I’ve had games were Harding impressed me and those he hasn’t.

I’m honestly not sure what you guys see that I don’t, but there isn’t one player who deserves anything on this team.

Tony & Peyton are likely the best and they too are hit & miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: iahawks10
All of that are my sentiments exactly. I had no real PLANS to watch this game, but I'm sure I will turn on the game when 8pm rolls around, because I know myself too well.
Might just very well be the last time the Hawks play - until mid-November, that is - this year, so I guess I can sacrifice some of my time to watch.

Until it gets to be just terribly obvious the Hawks are gonna lose - and it most likely happened because PMac and Krikke got way too much time and were pretty much non-factors in that span. And who knows which TonyP we'll end up with tonight.

I think those who don't give a damn about how Iowa does tonight should just pick another team to root for in the Dance (maybe you can root for Little Dick's NM team, or become a UConn fan and feel good), and not add to their and our frustration bitching about our playing.
Or you could start another game thread where realism isn't allowed.

Sorry, I meant "negativity".

Offense is often erratic, which is why it's important to have adequate defense and rebounding to fall back on, which is why we don't do well in the real tourney.

Reactions: HawkBall23
This why I never understood the lack of emphasis on defense.

No matter how much of an "off night" teams can have on offense, you can ALWAYS play good defense.
Why play defense like Iowa State??? Just so we can get screwed out of number one seed in the ncaa tourney? I’ll pass.😊🤦‍♂️

Why play defense like Iowa State??? Just so we can get screwed out of number one seed in the ncaa tourney? I’ll pass.😊
Not sure ISU deserved a one seed, but they sure didn't get an easy position to move to the final four. Illannoy is a coin flip and UConn is the most consistent top team.

While I obviously like it much more when the Hawks win vs the alternative, I also learned from the past two games that excitement and hopes should not be raised.

We'll get what we get.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Offense is often erratic, which is why it's important to have adequate defense and rebounding to fall back on, which is why we don't do well in the real tourney.
Defense travels well...offense often stays on the home court.

Didn’t your daughter play softball for you, when you were coaching?
ahhh...no and non-paid parent playing their kid is quite different situation anyway.

You don't give much of a chit about Basketball, but seemingly have a mission on defending coaching staffs in football and basketball. ME, if Fran won something special, then I'd shut up complaining about him. He gets paid a lot of money to be a public figure, don't sweat it worrying about his poor feelings.

Wonder what Perkins could have done career-wise as a 2 guard.
His more natural position.
Wonder also if he could have played the 3.

Also, Dick.Jensen and Ben McGILMER. THAT was basketball. 😁
I too loved that brand of Hawkeye basketball. If I remember correctly they averaged 100 plus per game because of defense and offense and no 3 point shot. What a team!!!

They will play lights out tonight 🤷‍♀️
Yep I don't see the concern. K State is awful on the road. This will be an easy win and start our run to the sweet 16 that I guaranteed a little over a week ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT