ADVERTISEMENT

Next Season/Portal/transfers

Chris Cannon entered the portal. Future 133 for the Hawks??
Very interesting.

Redshirted 2020, Competed 2021-2023 (2021 free covid year). Perhaps he's graduating after 4 years and wants to use his last 2 years of eligibility wrestling somewhere after potentially achieving a Northwestern undergrad degree (I say this having no idea of his graduation status).

7th - 7th - (1-2). Iowa wouldn't be a bad place for him to jump to the next level.

Reactions: xjohnx
Very interesting.

Redshirted 2020, Competed 2021-2023 (2021 free covid year). Perhaps he's graduating after 4 years and wants to use his last 2 years of eligibility wrestling somewhere after potentially achieving a Northwestern undergrad degree (I say this having no idea of his graduation status).

7th - 7th - (1-2). Iowa wouldn't be a bad place for him to jump to the next level.

Very interesting.

Seems like a long shot. From N J and attended Blair Academy.

Seems like a long shot. From N J and attended Blair Academy.
Yeah I hear you, also was reading that he might've had a connection with Coach Jimmy Kennedy (current coach at PSU, coached at NW from 2018-2021), and might want to follow him to PSU.

I think the measure of a head coach is primarily team placement at Nationals. We all want to see individual champs, but if we’re winning Nationals most or at least quite a few years, that’s excellent.

Based on recruiting news today, we have a decent chance to be crowning a good number of individual and team champions soon. We’ll see, but this is the kind of stuff that needs to happen, plus bolstering the HWC. With the right level of talent in the room, our current staff can do just fine. Recall that we did have the best team in the back-to-back seasons just a couple of years ago, with exactly the same staff.
Not trolling here - serious question for you WWDMHawkeye... In your opinion does the creation of the Iowa SWARM Collective hurt the Hawkeye Wrestling club's Inner Circle? Fact of the matter is that not everyone wants to or can afford to donate on a monthly basis to multiple sports entities.. With so many people joining and donating to the SWARM, does that take away from or reduce the number of people joining the Inner Circle?

Cannon seems like a PSU lock to me. Reunion with Kennedy, workout partners, a team title, and closer to home? Unless they aren't interested, I'd be surprised he doesn't end up there.

Reactions: eb05
Tell me you don't know how many points a 7/8 guy scores without telling me you don't know how many points a 7/8 scores.

And he's not a pinner, so not much bonus.

You just like to argue
7/8 without bonus scores 5-6.5

R12 without bonus scores 1.5-2

4-5 points scored is firmly between 7/8 and R12, i.e. a top 10 scorer at the weight

Tell me you don't know how many points a 7/8 guy scores without telling me you don't know how many points a 7/8 scores.

And he's not a pinner, so not much bonus.

You just like to argue
Lol, nobody on this board emphasizes the scoring system more than me

Cannon proven better than anyone we have. It kinda seemed like the cut to 133 was a struggle for him.

Some rumors that Brayden Thompson won't be at OSU anymore. Some possible character concerns - got kicked out of Doc Buchanan for vaping, not sure if it was weed or not - but wrestling wise, that's a good long term solution at 184. Possibly next year as well. He's college ready. I have questions about his ceiling. He doesn't score a ton, but is very sound.

Reactions: eb05 and Aleric1
Some rumors that Brayden Thompson won't be at OSU anymore. Some possible character concerns - got kicked out of Doc Buchanan for vaping, not sure if it was weed or not - but wrestling wise, that's a good long term solution at 184. Possibly next year as well. He's college ready. I have questions about his ceiling. He doesn't score a ton, but is very sound.
He’s very fundamentally good. Definitely wouldn’t be a fan favorite, does not score much at all but seems to find a way to get it done. I would be nervous about him at the next level with his lack of offense against high level comp. But we need to figure something out at that weight

Reactions: xjohnx and js8793
Really, really close friends with Kueter also. Just FWIW.

I think our future 184 is Angelo Ferrari

Is the new recruiting strategy to take everyone that had problems at OSU?

It's a good problem to have. Get the bodies in the room and let things sort themselves out.
Yes, but they would all require $$$$ to come here, we can’t afford blue chip bench warmers like PSU. Of course, because of that, one would leave anyway when the $$$$ are taken away.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Yes, but they would all require $$$$ to come here, we can’t afford blue chip bench warmers like PSU. Of course, because of that, one would leave anyway when the $$$$ are taken away.
NIL. The PSU money stuff is overblown and cope. Guys do go there for less because they think it's their best opportunity to win titles. We used to brag about that all the time with Iowa. Now all of a sudden it doesn't exist? Guys come to Iowa for less too. Iowa can increase that willingness by starting to produce more individual titles.

NIL. The PSU money stuff is overblown and cope. Guys do go there for less because they think it's their best opportunity to win titles. We used to brag about that all the time with Iowa. Now all of a sudden it doesn't exist? Guys come to Iowa for less too. Iowa can increase that willingness by starting to produce more individual titles.
You have no idea how much $$$ PSU guys are getting.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
May have been posted already? Travis Mastrogiovanni (image how many times this kids name will get butched!!!) is in portal. Not sure if he could help us? Was at 149 I believe and has 3 years left?

Reactions: el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT