ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA All-Star Classic tonight

They also have top 5-10 ranked kids at every weight!! Some perform some don’t. They are running out of room!! Example. 141. Evans kasak Bartlett. 1 spot for 3 studs!! 157-84. Barr messingberg Ryder facundo Hayes. And the new recruit from New York. Then the brothers from Wisconsin. They can’t all fit.
This is where the gray shirts, deferred enrollment, and $$$$ comes to play. They get to bring in 5Xs or more recruits then anyone else, then sort thru the pile and pick and choose the best. For example, they bring in a new 165, and the other turkey is now taking an olympic shirt. Not sure how he earned that right? But he has no chance in hell to be on the olympic team, So if the great Kralure wasn't footing the bills, I am guessing mom and dad might be a little concerned about 6 years or more of college.

Some wrestlers are obviously going to leave, but they still get to choose who they want to stay. Guessing at some point in time these kids will start to figure it out and/or we will also be able to meet them on offers. As it stands, we are honestly worlds away!

My take away is PSU has made the rest of college wrestling essentially irrelevant and they need to outlaw mats without big enough out of bounds space to keep people from touching the gym floor. I'm glad I got some souvenirs after that title we snuck in because hell might freeze over before it happens again.

This is where the gray shirts, deferred enrollment, and $$$$ comes to play. They get to bring in 5Xs or more recruits then anyone else, then sort thru the pile and pick and choose the best. For example, they bring in a new 165, and the other turkey is now taking an olympic shirt. Not sure how he earned that right? But he has no chance in hell to be on the olympic team, So if the great Kralure wasn't footing the bills, I am guessing mom and dad might be a little concerned about 6 years or more of college.

Some wrestlers are obviously going to leave, but they still get to choose who they want to stay. Guessing at some point in time these kids will start to figure it out and/or we will also be able to meet them on offers. As it stands, we are honestly worlds away!
Facts

I really feel folk needs a pushout point like free. The refs called it this time but many times it's not. He could have easily gotten away with that and won. Good job by the refs having the balls to call him on it.
I think it was cael calling for the stalling calls.

Yeah they're team this year is simply ridiculous. They could reasonably be in the finals at 141, 149, 157, 174, 184, 197 and heavy.
And be favored at each weight except 141 and 184. We’ll see how good Lovett is after a year off.

I’d add Chance to the Nolf, Dake, Jordan group. He has wins over Carter
I hope not, he may have beaten Jordan bit he's a dud on the World Stage. He just doesn't have it. I knew he was no threat to do anything at Worlds.
Chance isn't beating Nolf, Dake, or Star at this point.
He's done.

You have a problem with women's wrestling?
Why even ask. Ignore their negativity and eventually they’ll shut the hell up with their opinions.

It’s okay that they have them, that’s their prerogative, I wholeheartedly disagree, but if I’ve learned one thing it’s that there’s no point in arguing in the cesspool.

Why even ask. Ignore their negativity and eventually they’ll shut the hell up with their opinions.

It’s okay that they have them, that’s their prerogative, I wholeheartedly disagree, but if I’ve learned one thing it’s that there’s no point in arguing in the cesspool.
I guess I am honestly surprised.

Reactions: HawkFan1986

None of the expected starters on this team grey shirted. Yes, MM came in, but you tried to recruit the same guys PSU did. Facundo had on Olympic shirt available bc he was a cadet level world medalist.

I was actually there and a few observations, the crowd was only into it when a PSU wrestler was wrestling. There were only a few small boos for the Iowa girl and only when the announcer said Iowa ( and the majority seemed to root for her once her opponent came out - could have been the hijab she was wearing). If I ever have to watch women’s wrestling or the D2 vsD3 matches again, it will be to soon. Finally, the all time scoring record is in serious jeopardy.
Ps. The one person I did see booing was wearing a Lehigh shirt.

None of the expected starters on this team grey shirted. Yes, MM came in, but you tried to recruit the same guys PSU did. Facundo had on Olympic shirt available bc he was a cadet level world medalist.
Would have to check into this? Still you have last years starter at 165 taking an O year for no other reason exept save eligibility. Not sure about KerGin? What I can say is he added at least 40 pound since arriving in happy magic land!

The point still remains, that the great Kralure has the luxury of running the best out of 5Xs the number of recruits that any other team has, FACT!!! NO magic needed here just a lot of green.

Will add, as good as they did look last night, still believe they will be in trouble if Gable is back at Heavy, AJ returns at 197, StarFish looked great but a couple of studs have moved up and I do not think his opponent is really the 2nd best at the weight anymore. Guess we will see?

Also believe even though the Fish said he would leave after this year, I will bet he is back! My guess is he is playing for more $$$$ and also the great Kralure is in his ear because those in waiting will think their shot is coming, but then get burned!!! Watch what will happen then with recruits and magic kralure shirts!?!?!?

The point still remains, that the great Kralure has the luxury of running the best out of 5Xs the number of recruits that any other team has, FACT!!! NO magic needed here just a lot of green.

Will add, as good as they did look last night, still believe they will be in trouble if Gable is back at Heavy, AJ returns at 197, StarFish looked great but a couple of studs have moved up and I do not think his opponent is really the 2nd best at the weight anymore. Guess we will see?
Watch this video starting about the 1:55 mark for why top level recruits are coming to PSU.

Also, go to the 7:45 mark for Starocci's thoughts on Gabe.

The video is free, no subscription required.

Would have to check into this? Still you have last years starter at 165 taking an O year for no other reason exept save eligibility. Not sure about KerGin? What I can say is he added at least 40 pound since arriving in happy magic land!

Also believe even though the Fish said he would leave after this year, I will bet he is back! My guess is he is playing for more $$$$ and also the great Kralure is in his ear because those in waiting will think their shot is coming, but then get burned!!! Watch what will happen then with recruits and magic kralure shirts!?!?!?
LOL, recruiting won't be affected at all. PSU has guys like Mesenbrink, who they didn't either need or even have a spot for in their lineup, recruit themselves onto the team just because they want to be in the best room.

they want to be in the best room
They want to be Olympic and World Champions. NCAA Champion is more or less a stepping / mile stone on their journey.

The room partners and coaches make the difference. As Carter acknowledges, the room is quite a bit tougher than the NCAA competition, even for an All Star match.

Where do you see 3 holes in their lineup
125, 133 and 165 were what I was going with bc I forgot nagao was brought in. Howard is reportedly injured again and facundo hasn't made the adjustment to look like an AA threat at this point. If he has then they may only have a true weak spot at 125..

• Haha
Reactions: pish69
Nagao grey shirted and red shirted at Minnesota.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
deede wins but not after the garbage psu fans booed her. I have lost all respect for their fans, fair weather atWhere were you sitting?
deede wins but not after the garbage psu fans booed her. I have lost all respect for their fans, fair weather at best.
Where were you sitting? I was there and didn't notice any "booing" during any of the matches. If anything, local fans were grumbling about 157 and 184...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT