ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA All-Star Classic tonight

At introductions. Taylor and CP commented on it.
Could have been only the few dim-wits within close "ear-shot" of CP/DT. Certainly not anything that was heard among the general seating. I'll listen to the broadcast and pay less attention to announcers comments...

Watch this video starting about the 1:55 mark for why top level recruits are coming to PSU.

Also, go to the 7:45 mark for Starocci's thoughts on Gabe.

The video is free, no subscription required.

Not sure what you are referring to? They have a tough room to train in? Yea we all get it, but most of their top level international wrestlers they had to steal from other teams. Remains to be seen if more of their own talent will take off?
LOL, recruiting won't be affected at all. PSU has guys like Mesenbrink, who they didn't either need or even have a spot for in their lineup, recruit themselves onto the team just because they want to be in the best room.
Already seems to be getting some negative affects. Beard left, the heavy left, Franco could leave possible others. I believe this could snowball as younger kids catch on. Again bottom line is for IOWA to match them dollar for dollar and bring in the same amount of talent. It already has been pretty much proven that if that takes place, the HAWKS will dominate!!!

I mean they beat them very easily 2 years in a row with far less ranked talent on the team. On paper, should not have been able to beat them, but did.

Penn st is in a league of their own currently. We are watching history. I know it sucks for Iowa fans to watch but that's what others were thinking during Gable. Everyone who's a diehard Iowa fan is a wrestling fan. So take it all in.Penn st put on a show last night and I expect that all season long.

Obsess? No way, call it like I see it. I get that we are super woke now and can’t criticize anything that lines up with that narrative, but this is abysmal. The opposite of athleticism is what I’m witnessing and we pretend it’s amazing. I don’t get it.

Women's wrestling is "woke"?

Deranged take.

They also have top 5-10 ranked kids at every weight!! Some perform some don’t. They are running out of room!! Example. 141. Evans kasak Bartlett. 1 spot for 3 studs!! 157-84. Barr messingberg Ryder facundo Hayes. And the new recruit from New York. Then the brothers from Wisconsin. They can’t all fit.

The cream will rise to the top and then the losers will either transfer out or ride the bench. But PSU still gets to keep the better guy in their lineup. This is a problem for the rest of the country, not for PSU.

Reactions: Jrjt0518 and el dub
So they said or you actually heard it?
Watching the broadcast the boos during Deede’s introduction weren’t noticeable but Pyles and Taylor definitely commented on it. So maybe audible to them. No reason to not believe them as there was definitely audible booing when Parco was introduced vs SVN. Either way I’d say NBD.

Would have to check into this? Still you have last years starter at 165 taking an O year for no other reason exept save eligibility. Not sure about KerGin? What I can say is he added at least 40 pound since arriving in happy magic land!

The point still remains, that the great Kralure has the luxury of running the best out of 5Xs the number of recruits that any other team has, FACT!!! NO magic needed here just a lot of green.

Will add, as good as they did look last night, still believe they will be in trouble if Gable is back at Heavy, AJ returns at 197, StarFish looked great but a couple of studs have moved up and I do not think his opponent is really the 2nd best at the weight anymore. Guess we will see?

Also believe even though the Fish said he would leave after this year, I will bet he is back! My guess is he is playing for more $$$$ and also the great Kralure is in his ear because those in waiting will think their shot is coming, but then get burned!!! Watch what will happen then with recruits and magic kralure shirts!?!?!?

Can you come up with a better nickname than "Kralure"?

It's corny and pathetic and you keep regurgitating it hoping it will stick. Give it up.

Why even ask. Ignore their negativity and eventually they’ll shut the hell up with their opinions.

It’s okay that they have them, that’s their prerogative, I wholeheartedly disagree, but if I’ve learned one thing it’s that there’s no point in arguing in the cesspool.
Its not good

Reactions: Gobblin
Penn st is in a league of their own currently. We are watching history. I know it sucks for Iowa fans to watch but that's what others were thinking during Gable. Everyone who's a diehard Iowa fan is a wrestling fan. So take it all in.Penn st put on a show last night and I expect that all season long.
giphy.gif

star made it sound like fucundo comes back and takes his spot at 174 next year
That's his plan. The room is pretty crowded, though. Josh Barr could be back down to 174 and Joe Sealey & Zack Ryder are both coming in around that weight, too, although obviously, redshirt is an option for them, at least next year. If it looks like Facundo isn't going to ever have a spot, he's too good not to portal out. He'll have a long line of suitors if that happens.

Not sure what you are referring to? They have a tough room to train in? Yea we all get it, but most of their top level international wrestlers they had to steal from other teams. Remains to be seen if more of their own talent will take off?

Already seems to be getting some negative affects. Beard left, the heavy left, Franco could leave possible others. I believe this could snowball as younger kids catch on. Again bottom line is for IOWA to match them dollar for dollar and bring in the same amount of talent. It already has been pretty much proven that if that takes place, the HAWKS will dominate!!!

I mean they beat them very easily 2 years in a row with far less ranked talent on the team. On paper, should not have been able to beat them, but did.
Looks like someone started their Thanksgiving-Eve drinking early. I can never tell if you are an A class troll that never breaks character or just the actual dumbest Iowa fan ever.

Its not good
Some of it isn’t. Some male wrestling isn’t good. A highly skilled and competitive match looks similar regardless of sex.

To say that it is bad wrestling just based off the sex of the wrestlers is silly imo. That’s my opinion, you’re welcome to have yours even though I see it as short sided and narrow minded.

I’ve seen some incredibly skilled female wrestlers in my wrestling life fandom. With the support of Universities like Iowa, it will continue to improve.

Its weak like wnba and womens soccer only weaker
The only women's sports I can watch are track and field, and weight sports. Weightlifting, powerlifting, and cross fit type of stuff. Otherwise I don't care. It's less good men's sports IMO otherwise.

The time, weight , and distance sports are a competition against yourself and that I can watch. You can't beat an obviously stronger or faster person but you can exceed your old best.

I'm tired of being explained to why I should like certain things, and FWIW I do not watch much men's sports anymore. I find very few interesting aside from wrestling , PSU football, and the weight sports and track and field, strongman and powerlifting.

Some of it isn’t. Some male wrestling isn’t good. A highly skilled and competitive match looks similar regardless of sex.

To say that it is bad wrestling just based off the sex of the wrestlers is silly imo. That’s my opinion, you’re welcome to have yours even though I see it as short sided and narrow minded.

I’ve seen some incredibly skilled female wrestlers in my wrestling life fandom. With the support of Universities like Iowa, it will continue to improve.
Which would get crushed by the men. Wrestling is strength and skill. Both matter. again you're trying to explain why he should like something he doesn't. You're equally skilled male vs female would be a pin in seconds by the man.

Which would get crushed by the men. Wrestling is strength and skill. Both matter. again you're trying to explain why he should like something he doesn't. You're equally skilled male vs female would be a pin in seconds by the man.
Wrong. I don’t give a damn if you like it or not. I truly don’t. Like what you want. What I would appreciate is not having too see negative post every time female wrestling comes up in conversation. This is happening whether we like it or not. The U of I is all in on it.

When I was younger I realized that all forms of entertainment aren’t made with my personal interests or likes in mind. For example, I don’t like horror movies. What you don’t see me doing is heading to a movie forum and shit talking horror movies every time they come up. I simply avoids those discussions.

I think what I just described is a form of emotional maturity. Just realize that not everything is for you and move one. It’s simple really. I’ve set a low bar but it will likely be years before some people clear that.

The cream will rise to the top and then the losers will either transfer out or ride the bench. But PSU still gets to keep the better guy in their lineup. This is a problem for the rest of the country, not for PSU.
This is what a lot of people don't seem to grasp. Yes the inn is full, but the guys that leave are leaving because they aren't better than the guy staying. How does it help anyone catch PSU when you get their backup transfers? Good problem to have for them, not a bad one. Iowa needs to start bringing in 5 studs to fill 3 weights. If one falls thru or leaves to the portal, you still have the best 3 to fill those weights. Until we do, Iowa is not catching Happy Valley.

Last edited:
Can't bet against Dake. He's a crafty old salt.

Woman’s MMA has seen the same growth curve, imo.

And the best 125 pounder would get destroyed by an average heavyweight. That's why they have weight classes

The women don't wrestle the men, so it's a little disingenuous to compare them directly against each other.

If you don't like women's wrestling, that's totally fair. There's plenty of women's sports I don't care for despite liking the men's version. I just don't think the argument "they would get destroyed by the men" is valid because that matchup doesnt happen and is not the point of women's sports in the first place

Can you come up with a better nickname than "Kralure"?

It's corny and pathetic and you keep regurgitating it hoping it will stick. Give it up.
I could call him D*$#KHEAD looking guy if you want?
Its weak like wnba and womens soccer only weaker
Are the women wrestling Folk style or Freestyle in college? I haven't paid any attention yet but I would believe it would make much more sense for them to just focus on FS.
Looks like someone started their Thanksgiving-Eve drinking early. I can never tell if you are an A class troll that never breaks character or just the actual dumbest Iowa fan ever.
Ok, tell me what I wrote here that makes you say this Einstein???

And the best 125 pounder would get destroyed by an average heavyweight. That's why they have weight classes

The women don't wrestle the men, so it's a little disingenuous to compare them directly against each other.

If you don't like women's wrestling, that's totally fair. There's plenty of women's sports I don't care for despite liking the men's version. I just don't think the argument "they would get destroyed by the men" is valid because that matchup doesnt happen and is not the point of women's sports in the first place
It's a valid argument because they would not do as well even if the bodyweights were the same. The women are slower and weaker which means they're not as good. So I chose to watch the better version. My take is that the men's version is the better version so I watch that.

Guys will Carl and his kronies win another title, yep will they break the record of points scored, nope will Iowa get a trophy, yep this team will look a lot different after the first of the year. Does Carl have a distinct advantage right now, yep. He has created a winning culture and has way more money than any other program. Sad but true. Are we happy about it, nope it sucks and we all want the hawks to win every year but I can guarantee our staff and wrestlers are not giving 110%. I know that’s not good enough for some(me either) but here’s the thing guys our staff is our best option to fix the problem.

Theres good middle schooler boys that would beat all these women.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT