ADVERTISEMENT

****Official #4 FSU vs. #16 Duke Thread****

Notes from the game.
The D line is not real good.
They crash on every play and don’t hold the edge.
We won’t fair as well against better teams.
I think Verse’s stock is falling.
I didn’t see anything much out of Fiske.
I missed the faskmask play.
I know they scored zero points in the second half.
I don’t think that’s the case if the starter doesn’t go out.
The OLine had zero push.
Thank God Norvell quit going up the gut on short third and fourth downs.
They were keying on Benson and he had nowhere to run.
Rodney Hill might be our best back.
I’m not kidding.
As said above, Travis has to run to open up the offense.
He was pressing early and overthrowing everything.
When he gets out of the pocket and is let loose, it changes the game.
As said above, the Duke punter is phenomenal. He will play on Sundays.
The ko return won us the game I think.
The energy shifted big time on that play.
Norvell happens. Still. Mind bottling.
Fortunate to get out of that one with a W.

Notes from the game.
The OLine had zero push.
I’m not kidding.
Agree with your analysis!
If folks watched any Duke games this year and thought we’d have a cakewalk they didn’t see what I saw.
Very well coached team, disciplined smart players who happen to be athletic and coachable (hey it’s DUKE) and a QB who’s a very sharp kid and a leader.
Jared Verse seems to be fading away, we’re getting outmuscled up and down the line on D and the coaches are not letting JT run if he needs to.

What we need is continued support from the Seminole Tribe of Florida. Honoring them is both the right and smart thing to do.
The Noles Only FB page just updated their Rule #2:

NOLES ONLY NOTE:
We have updated our Rule #2.

Read it, think about it, and help us enforce it by reporting anything that goes against it and/or any other rule.
We need to do better as a fanbase and put any emotion or personal opinion aside when it comes to the heritage collection.....

It is a PRIVILEGE to be able to call ourselves Seminoles, and we should support, without question, any opportunity that we are presented to display our appreciation for the Seminole Tribe and Nation.

Go Noles!

393362765_7433286276701349_8627562031722360809_n.jpg

Here’s what is still available for Heritage gear from G&G. There was a T-shirt and a polo but those quickly sold out. I’m going to buy a few of those next year.

Notes from the game.
The OLine had zero push.
I’m not kidding.
Overall solid analysis with exception I would say of D Line. They are good. Very good. The ACC also is letting all our ACC opponents get away with blatant holding and now flat out tacking them and tripping them every damn play. I actually think opposing staff know this and plan accordingly and tell their offensive line to be aggressive unless refs start calling it right away. Which they don’t. It has always been bad and biased but not to this extreme. We have morphed from guys being grabbed and clearly held to guys being flat out tackled and even tripped with hands like the one guy did to Verse no call.

What we need is continued support from the Seminole Tribe of Florida. Honoring them is both the right and smart thing to do.

I totally support honoring them, I just hope FSU can do it without compromising the Garnet and Gold, which are the best colors and uniforms in college football.

Last edited:
Regarding the first big TD run:

How is this not called when so blatant, so clearly impacting the play, and number 77 is so guilty he holds up his hands as if innocent of the crime he committed. There is only one explanation for it.

I totally support honoring them, I just hope FSU can do it without compromising the Garnet and Gold, which are the best colors and uniforms in college football.
Garnet and gold has not been compromised. The basketball team has been playing with uniforms that are prominently turquoise for years (without your knowledge or due to your lack of attention). Calm down.

Garnet and gold has not been compromised. The basketball team has been playing with uniforms that are prominently turquoise for years (without your knowledge or due to your lack of attention). Calm down.

What about the pink ankle wraps in every game?

Overall solid analysis with exception I would say of D Line. They are good. Very good. The ACC also is letting all our ACC opponents get away with blatant holding and now flat out tacking them and tripping them every damn play. I actually think opposing staff know this and plan accordingly and tell their offensive line to be aggressive unless refs start calling it right away. Which they don’t. It has always been bad and biased but not to this extreme. We have morphed from guys being grabbed and clearly held to guys being flat out tackled and even tripped with hands like the one guy did to Verse no call.
I saw Jared Verse in strong pursuit at the second level on the other side of the line multiple times. Dude was firing all out in support. Schemes are avoiding him, conceding his side of the line on many plays.

Reactions: BelemNole
They will compromise it on heritage night, and only that night. We won't be wearing turquoise every game. It was cool seeing a Seminole Tribe member plant the spear last night. Our relationship with the tribe is what separates us from the "Redskins" type organizations.

They will compromise it on heritage night, and only that night. We won't be wearing turquoise every game. It was cool seeing a Seminole Tribe member plant the spear last night. Our relationship with the tribe is what separates us from the "Redskins" type organizations.

That sounds good to me.

Now if we could just change the pink ankle wraps to gold...

Very valid point. And that ref last night was the very worst of the lot. But seeing it live for the first time this year, it looked like Duke was doing whatever they wanted to do on the los.

Regarding the first big TD run:

How is this not called when so blatant, so clearly impacting the play, and number 77 is so guilty he holds up his hands as if innocent of the crime he committed. There is only one explanation for it.

It really is unbelievable. I mean if it was one play or game or one crew or one season, but this shit has been going for years.

You mean our burgundy or maroon or sometimes magenta and yellow and sometimes cream depending on what materials Nike obtained for cheap that week? We haven’t had actual garnet and gold uniforms since probably the early 90s.

You mean our burgundy or maroon or sometimes magenta and yellow and sometimes cream depending on what materials Nike obtained for cheap that week? We haven’t had actual garnet and gold uniforms since probably the early 90s.

Let's hope we go back to the Garnet and Gold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT