ADVERTISEMENT

****Official #4 FSU vs. #16 Duke Thread****

You mean our burgundy or maroon or sometimes magenta and yellow and sometimes cream depending on what materials Nike obtained for cheap that week? We haven’t had actual garnet and gold uniforms since probably the early 90s.

Since the 2014 brand refresh, the garnet and gold colors have been more accurate and consistent. The classic 1990s colors were more like ketchup and gold, and were often inconsistent, sometimes being rendered as firehouse red and French’s mustard yellow.

The one compromise is that the classic gold pants were dropped because they were heavy and hot. They are still gold, but they look less metallic and badass. But if the newer version is more comfortable for the players, I’m all for it.

Since the 2014 brand refresh, the garnet and gold colors have been more accurate and consistent. The classic 1990s colors were more like ketchup and gold, and were often inconsistent, sometimes being rendered as firehouse red and French’s mustard yellow.

The one compromise is that the classic gold pants were dropped because they were heavy and hot. They are still gold, but they look less metallic and badass. But if the newer version is more comfortable for the players, I’m all for it.

They have been more consistent in recent years but the magenta and cream uniforms with the fluorescent red/pink face masks happened after 2014. I think those were during Willie’s first season.

It is never easy to follow a legend, Jeff Culhane is doing one heck of a job following in Gene's footsteps.
Really enjoy his calls, and it feels like he is invested in FSU even though he has only been here a couple of years

His recall of FSU games from years and decades past is impressive. He has done a massive amount of studying of our past games, players and stats. He regularly brings up something from the past that is relevant to the current game situation. Often it is something that I had long since forgotten.

You mean our burgundy or maroon or sometimes magenta and yellow and sometimes cream depending on what materials Nike obtained for cheap that week? We haven’t had actual garnet and gold uniforms since probably the early 90s.
Don't you have that backwards, OX? Prior to 2014, we had every shade of yellow, red, burgundy etc. you could think of. With the release of the new 'Q' logo and uniforms came the standardization of our color scheme. Everything I purchase (that is licensed merch) is consistent now.

This is our palette:
Florida-State-Seminoles-Color-Palette-Image.png

This is the 80s & 90s:
deion-sanders.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Don't you have that backwards, OX? Prior to 2013, we had every shade of yellow, red, burgundy etc. you could think of. With the release of the new 'Q' logo and uniforms came the standardization of our color scheme. Everything I purchase (that is licensed merch) is consistent.

This is our palette:

This is the 80s & 90s:
deion-sanders.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The "garnet" before this year's refresh looked more like VaTech's "maroon"....

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Don't you have that backwards, OX? Prior to 2014, we had every shade of yellow, red, burgundy etc. you could think of. With the release of the new 'Q' logo and uniforms came the standardization of our color scheme. Everything I purchase (that is licensed merch) is consistent now.

This is our palette:

This is the 80s & 90s:
deion-sanders.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

That Deion jacket is our true Garnet and Gold. Our colors have been an ever changing mess starting at some point afterwards.

Reactions: goldmom
Wow, Duke only fell four spots. I guess they impressed the coaches in that loss.

That is as it should be. If you are somewhere around 15 to 20 and lose a relatively close game on the road against a top 5 team, you shouldn't fall much (if at all)

Reactions: cmanole
Best part about this is it looked like there were several players ready to jump in as well. Almost like “We’ll take care of it coach, we got him.”
Travis was right there, but I think he needed to hear it from Coach. Norvell talked him down and showed him he believed in him. In the time since, Spann’s played smarter and worked his ass off.

screenshot-2023-10-22-at-124241-pm.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT