ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2022 thread*****

LOL, the Pirates suck. They might have had an out on that pop up in the infield, but the third baseman was too busy berating the shortstop.
Oh, and what was Vogelbach pissed about? Being too fat to score on a fairly deep fly ball, that was against the line and prevented the outfielder from lining up for a good throw?

Reactions: HawkRugged17
Not sure he’s really ready, but I’m excited to get a major league look at Morel. He’s been a fun follow the last year+ (or maybe I’m just biased based on the fact that they love him on The Growing Cubs podcast).
Very excited to see a guy get a look.
It sounds like Heyward is on the Covid list, and shouldn't be on the IL for too long, but, it's still a chance for Morel. He's there to be depth, but he'll get some ABs.

LOL, the Pirates suck. They might have had an out on that pop up in the infield, but the third baseman was too busy berating the shortstop.
Oh, and what was Vogelbach pissed about? Being too fat to score on a fairly deep fly ball, that was against the line and prevented the outfielder from lining up for a good throw?

Great in game interview with Wade Miley. He was awesome as Yan Gomes threw stuff at him during the interview.

Impressive AB for Morel getting down 0-2 and fighting back to get to 3-2 before obviously crushing one onto waveland! Scouting report says kind of a Javy lite, and especially defensively where he can excel at most positions. Will hopefully be followed up by the debuts of a bunch of other young studs over next 1.5 - 2.5 years!

Impressive AB for Morel getting down 0-2 and fighting back to get to 3-2 before obviously crushing one onto waveland! Scouting report says kind of a Javy lite, and especially defensively where he can excel at most positions. Will hopefully be followed up by the debuts of a bunch of other young studs over next 1.5 - 2.5 years!
From the stuff I’ve heard about him, I’ve been picturing Javy-lite with the glove and maybe a poor man’s Zobrist with the bat. I would take that right now as a productive, useful utility player and anything better on either end would be gravy.

Now, let's see if the Pirates go full douche and plunk him if Morel has an AB tomorrow.

Reactions: TheCainer
Thank gawd Heyward is out of the lineup !
I agree….but my only beef with Heyward is the contract. I’m a Cub lifer and follow them really closely. I’ve never seen one thing from Heyward that’s a negative except for the contract. He’s a clear leader. He’s a great teammate. He’s never shown to be selfish. I would love for the Cubs to find a graceful way to eat his money and either let him go to a contender (there would absolutely be interest In Heyward at a pro-rated league-minimum salary) and/or keep him around in an organizational or front-office capacity.

I agree….but my only beef with Heyward is the contract. I’m a Cub lifer and follow them really closely. I’ve never seen one thing from Heyward that’s a negative except for the contract. He’s a clear leader. He’s a great teammate. He’s never shown to be selfish. I would love for the Cubs to find a graceful way to eat his money and either let him go to a contender (there would absolutely be interest In Heyward at a pro-rated league-minimum salary) and/or keep him around in an organizational or front-office capacity.
Agreed. I am a little surprised they don't DFA him like the Mets did with Cano. The Cubs will eat his salary anyway, so unless he is telling them he really wants to stay and help mold these young guys, or the Cubs are stubborn as hell and think they can trade him for something or will legitimately come back and contend, I don't know why they haven't. Even if they are contending for a WC spot; I don't see him as much more than a defensively replacement.

I was listening to David Ross on the Score yesterday as he did his weekly appearance with Lawrence Holmes. Holmes asked about Frank Schwindel and his reaction to his short lived demotion. The answer opened a large door. Ross talked about how Schwindel didn’t sulk, but it was about accountability and production.
Ahem… Heyward is a super nice guy. He isn’t a clubhouse cancer. But, he doesn’t deserve a spot on a roster. I assumed over the weekend that they would stuff him on the IL with a non specific muscle strain, but Covid beat them to it. Now they will send him to Arizona to work on some things.

I was listening to David Ross on the Score yesterday as he did his weekly appearance with Lawrence Holmes. Holmes asked about Frank Schwindel and his reaction to his short lived demotion. The answer opened a large door. Ross talked about how Schwindel didn’t sulk, but it was about accountability and production.
Ahem… Heyward is a super nice guy. He isn’t a clubhouse cancer. But, he doesn’t deserve a spot on a roster. I assumed over the weekend that they would stuff him on the IL with a non specific muscle strain, but Covid beat them to it. Now they will send him to Arizona to work on some things.
Yep. I know they love him and that’s fine, but he can’t be on the roster. Brennan Davis’s slow start and now back injury combined with Frazier’s appendicitis and poor starts by Ortega and Hermosillo have taken some of the pressure off, but he shouldn’t be on the roster. DFA him and if he doesn’t catch on somewhere (he likely would as a 4th OF for league minimum) give him an organizational position and get him on Ross’s staff next year.

Reactions: HawkRugged17
It’s free tonight, at least. I’ve had it up on the YT app.
Sure, but, I'm lazy, and I was promised that Marquee would be my one stop shopping experience. Even if they wind up losing tonight, it's 2-3, and another series win. Plus, you have the dreadful D-Backs coming to town.
Time to get fat against lesser opponents.

Sure, but, I'm lazy, and I was promised that Marquee would be my one stop shopping experience. Even if they wind up losing tonight, it's 2-3, and another series win. Plus, you have the dreadful D-Backs coming to town.
Dreadful? They have more wins than the Cubs.

what does that make Chicago then?

I’m not one to spend much time defending Marquee, which I’m only just now getting on DTV in Charlotte…..but it’s not exactly on the Cubs/Marquee that MLB is farming games out to YouTube, AppleTV and Prime.

I think I’m about all-in on Morel now. Love that kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT