ADVERTISEMENT

****Official FSU @ Clemson Thread****

Yabba Dabba Do’s post game press conference. He was complementary of FSU for once. Even when we beat him regularly a decade ago, he talked constant trash.

He successfully shut down our running game and dared J Trav to beat them with his arm. And it almost worked.

JT is one dimensional because he’s playing hurt. He had plays where running yards were there but he didn’t take them. If you look at how he holds his non-throwing arm against his body, he’s probably playing with a separated shoulder.

Our running game is dependent on the qb being a threat to run. When that goes away, so does your running game production.

It’s also important to remember that Clemson’s front seven on defense is still very good. They may not be as elite as they were during their championship years but they are still extremely talented.

JT is one dimensional because he’s playing hurt. He had plays where running yards were there but he didn’t take them. If you look at how he holds his non-throwing arm against his body, he’s probably playing with a separated shoulder.
This. And it’s not being talked about by JT or CMN but other coaches can see it clearly because it happens to players on every team.
If you know it you easily game plan for it.
Are you “intentionally” then going after the player to finish him off?
Not really. But if the player and his coaches still want to put him out there, football is a contact sport. He’s very lucky he didn’t get hurt more.

The only real treatment for a separation is time and rest. It ain’t happening mid season on a top 5 team, but at least he gets 14 days to rest and it’s not his throwing arm.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I have seen constant complaining about Knowles on the 247 board. Now I see why. I don't think I've ever seen this from a safety. Knowles is #3.

Reactions: mnole03
Meanwhile Clemson Tom is hiding behind his kids and in other posts saying we forfeited the game in 2020

Payton and Farmer are good dudes, and they’re going to be a force next year.

I predict at least one of them will enter the draft. I wouldn’t be surprised if that guy who has to sit out the season, also tries to test the draft. I hope I’m wrong. I think Payton still needs to put on another 10-20 lbs.

Reactions: mnole03 and DFSNOLE
381020181_10161158226108469_4191546532746475279_n.jpg

Yep. Also might be a good opportunity to install adjustments, especially on the defensive side.
I agree, but would add the offensive side as well. Need to figure out what’s wrong with the run game. Too much tap dancing behind the line? No consistent push up front? Teams knowing Travis no longer (currently) a threat? All the above?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT