ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Iowa vs Illinois game thread ****

We didn't target Fant the whole second half!!!!!!!!! Fire our coach! Was he even in? How can we win without him on the field???? :)

Petras is in, let him throw it once

Jeez...score up by a ton and the coaches only let him do 3 handoffs! WTF! Guy has a known big arm...what danger is there in letting him let one fly? Waste in my mind. Even if intercepted the game is well in the bag. Really hard to rationalize not letting him and Peyton see what they can do. Unbelieveable and sad coaching. They are not utilizing garbage time like they should.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Jeez...score up by a ton and the coaches only let him do 3 handoffs! WTF! Guy has a known big arm...what danger is there in letting him let one fly? Waste in my mind. Even if intercepted the game is well in the bag. Really hard to rationalize not letting him and Peyton see what they can do. Unbelieveable and sad coaching. They are not utilizing garbage time like they should.

Mansell threw a couple passes.

Yeah..they did allow Peyton a few passes. Why not do more run plays as he clearly has wheels as mentioned. Let him go and see what he can do. This “conservative” play calling this late in a blowout sucks...why not.

Oh sweetie...I seem to recall Stanley playing very poorly, costing us PSU game.

Then I vaguely remember our defense getting gashed by Purdue, giving up another lead late in Q4. Then a below average tailback from NW hammering Iowa D.

While Stanley left too many plays on the field vs PU and NW...he didn’t cost Iowa those games.

Had Stanley led a game winning drive in any of those games (yes, he had an several oppotunities in each game), we wouldn’t be having this conversation. He’s not a winner, and you won’t change my mind.

Had Stanley led a game winning drive in any of those games (yes, he had an several oppotunities in each game), we wouldn’t be having this conversation. He’s not a winner, and you won’t change my mind.
He had a chance to lead us back against Whisky as well, and threw an INT the very first play. He just doesn't have 'it'. He only looks good if you isolate a receiver for him and basically tell him to throw to that receiver and the receiver actually gets free of makes a big catch.

Reactions: Typical Situation
Considering the result of the game and Iowa’s lack of a capable QB in that game... you can certainly argue we had a better team minus one player/position (albeit an important one). Not a stretch in my opinion.
Right. Please explain how PSU at home is a lesser opponent??????? And and another fact for you, football is a team game........

Ah yes, the "Game winning drive". So just a question, does the QB catch his own passes, or block for himself? Does he control running backs who fumble on a late drive? Does he make special teams mistakes, on fielding or fumbling the ball away on crucial late posessions? Plenty of blame to go around in all of these losses, from coaches all the way down.

Ah yes, the "Game winning drive". So just a question, does the QB catch his own passes, or block for himself? Does he control running backs who fumble on a late drive? Does he make special teams mistakes, on fielding or fumbling the ball away on crucial late posessions? Plenty of blame to go around in all of these losses, from coaches all the way down.

Classic failure to accept ownership as the leader of the offense, for everything offense does/doesn’t do... I can only hope Stanley doesn’t pass blame around as quickly as you. As the QB (leader of the team), he owns it all, good or bad, that is the bottom line.

Classic failure to accept ownership as the leader of the offense, for everything offense does/doesn’t do... I can only hope Stanley doesn’t pass blame around as quickly as you. As the QB (leader of the team), he owns it all, good or bad, that is the bottom line.
Sorry, but IMHO your premise is totally ridiculous. So its ALL on one guy? The loss to Wisconsin is a perfect example of a team loss, and very little of that was on Stanley. Yes, he's had struggles, for various reasons this season, but to say its all on him? So your actually saying, that if he throws a perfect ball, and the guy drops it, thats his fault? If a OL misses their block and he gets hit, that's on him?

Sorry, but IMHO your premise is totally ridiculous. So its ALL on one guy? The loss to Wisconsin is a perfect example of a team loss, and very little of that was on Stanley. Yes, he's had struggles, for various reasons this season, but to say its all on him? So your actually saying, that if he throws a perfect ball, and the guy drops it, thats his fault? If a OL misses their block and he gets hit, that's on him?

You clearly missed the premise, so if you only take things so literal, then I guess that’s what you’ll come up with.... disappointing you missed the well intended purpose of that post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT