ADVERTISEMENT

****Official IOWA vs. Indiana Basketball Game Thread****

It has been a long time since the Hawks had this many playmakers at the same time.

and tonight....

overcame the legendary Assembly Hall
overcame the desperate Hoosiers
overcame dishonest officiating for most of the game
overcame a team with 15 5* HS legends; legends greater that Steve Alford!

and best of all

beaten by a 6'1" non point guard point guard who beat you from three, from the drive, from the pass (six assists) without any turnovers and then delivered the kill shots from the line the while laughing!

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
I get where you're coming from because those d!psh!ts absolutely deserve to get worked over for the piss poor way they called that game. But you are right in that he shouldn't say anything about it. Focus on how solid his players were to get a win on the road.
Fran could probably say in a subtle way we didn't get some calls down the stretch but he probably won't since we won.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
I agree with the whole idea of having to overcome the refs on the road..and to some degree that is expected. The refs are human and they tend to favor the home team. Im not saying tonight was an all timer, like the UNI game. On a scale were acceptable amount of home cooking is a 5, this was probably an 8.2
Down the stretch it was pretty damned biased. That no call on Morgan when Joe drove to the basket, and a few others I can't remember, were awful. Throughout, Morgan gets to commit maybe 3 clear fouls for every one called, but Luka gets called for nickel dimers every time he brushed an IU player.

I like Dakich actually, and I think he is usually fair. Tonight he definitely leaned Indiana, i get it, thats where his heart is. Not pointing out the railroading Luka was getting was disturbing.

Down the stretch it was pretty damned biased. That no call on Morgan when Joe drove to the basket, and a few others I can't remember, were awful. Throughout, Morgan gets to commit maybe 3 clear fouls for every one called, but Luka gets called for nickel dimers every time he brushed an IU player.
I may have understated my feelings Houston, I felt tonight was bad, very bad. Way over what should be expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT