ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Iowa vs MSU game thread****

Iowa "going cold" and the refs swallowing the whistle while MSU is on defense is a direct relationship. It's hard to score points when you are being slapped silly every time you touch the ball. I don't like to blame officials, but they are THE reason this game turned out this way. Iowa was on the verge of blowing MSU out of the arena until they were suddenly allowed to do whatever the hell they wanted on defense and Ward was allowed to push anyone in his way out of the lane when he got the ball.
MSU started to win every 50/50 ball since we went cold.

this is why you need guards. JBO can only shoot 30 ft 3pt shots and Moss dissappeared and Connor has no offensive game.

Maybe in B1G tourney 3rd time can be charm.

You can't play from the bench. Moss was on the bench during the initial come back..its going to be very hard for us to recruit a PG worth a crap if CMAC is still on the team.
Im not sold on him at all

I applaud the effort for 20 minutes.

These guys got totally outclassed in 2nd half. Athletically couldn't handle MSU and guards couldn't create any space...garbage 2nd half.

Reactions: Meso93
I wish the officials called a legit game because then I could tell if Iowa just fell apart. But it's tough to say if Iowa was falling apart or if the officiating caused that to happen. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to win the next few games to prove the point. Then, we can lose to MSU in the Big 10 tournament again for the same reason, watch them get a 2 seed, then lose in the 2nd or 3rd round because all of their players foul out.

You can't play from the bench. Moss was on the bench during the initial come back..its going to be very hard for us to recruit a PG worth a crap if CMAC is still on the team.
Im not sold on him at all
Moss Bohannon and Wieskamp were all as bad.

Iowa needs to learn to play through physicality. They folded in the second half

Reactions: BUCKSNDUCKS
Moss was a huge scorer for us the last two games and barely had any minutes or shots tonight. If Winston doesn't make his threes and MSU goes down by 15 or more, this is a different game. McQuaid needed to be faceguarded and forced to drive.

Reactions: amahawk
Iowa is close. Michigan State is really damn good, always hard to beat them unless refs disallow their unbelievable physicality, and Winston and McQuaid do what seems like always happens—shot out of their minds to break the game. Michigan State had to play out of their ass to change the tenor of that game and they did.

And Iowa now knows exactly how good they can be, but how much more work is to be done.

I'm encouraged. I want so badly for Iowa to beat Michigan State. I hate to swallow this as a damn fan. I have a good feeling these kids on this team are going to use this game to fuel their work and attention to detail for at least a few weeks.

Those blaming the refs can't accept the fact that Iowa is simply getting out played, out hustled and out worked by a team far more talented and better coached.

Again, did this happen because they were being fouled every time they touched the ball? They were up 8 points in the second half and suddenly forgot how to shoot? It's what happens. If Iowa goes and loses the next 3 games badly, we'll know what happened I guess.

I wish the officials called a legit game because then I could tell if Iowa just fell apart. But it's tough to say if Iowa was falling apart or if the officiating caused that to happen. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to win the next few games to prove the point. Then, we can lose to MSU in the Big 10 tournament again for the same reason, watch them get a 2 seed, then lose in the 2nd or 3rd round because all of their players foul out.

Big ten officials suck, no doubt, you can't let that demoralize you.

IMO it really showed how we struggle when guard play is needed at certain points in the game. Winston picked us apart when he needed to. That’s great guard play to know when you have to score. Inability of guards to put pressure on the defense makes it easy to clamp down defensively inside which MSU did well in the 2nd half. Just a better team we lost to.

Reactions: Meso93
You’re right. The 3 I mentioned were a torrid 10-25. TC was the only one to show up for both games. But I’m sure we are better off without him like a lot of people think.
Tyler has been doing his part all season imho. His D can be weak but he usually makes up for it in other ways. Honestly if I had to blame anyone today, I would have to blame Fran's coaching.

This game is not on Conner, but very disappointed in his minutes. Not getting much production from him and he's seeing more minutes than should be IMO.

Reactions: Bravehawk56
What adjustment? Winston stroked 4 3pt shots and Iowa guards couldn't make shots.
This was the difference to me. MSU has a player who routinely answers other teams’ runs and can keep them in games. Iowa has players capable of doing this, but they didn’t do it tonight. They folded.

It’s a loss, and it’s not even that bad of one. Would have liked it to be a close game on the home court but oh well

Tyler has been doing his part all season imho. His D can be weak but he usually makes up for it in other ways. Honestly if I had to blame anyone today, I would have to blame Fran's coaching.
And whoever brought the can of PAM cooking spray for the rims.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT