ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Iowa vs Northwestern game thread****

NU actually is a bunch of chuckers. That is their offense this year. I'm not kidding. Iowa did nothing special on defense tonight. The Hawks won it with their offensive game plan of forcing it inside.

Yeah, Vic Law was taking deep 3s. NW definitely took a step backwards losing McIntosh and Lindsey (not sure on spelling)

Excuse me..
I guess my post was fairly prophetic. But, yes, I can’t stand that egghead fan base and elitist university. I have an acquaintance’s son who was an A student in high school, 30 plus ACT score, and great character/hard worker and didn’t get admitted into N’Western, so ya - f em.

KenPom has Northwestern at #49
Massey and NCAA Net have them at #55
They lost to Michigan by 2
Went to OT against Oklahoma
Lost by 2 on the road at Indiana

Hardly "pretty bad."

This was a better win than Oregon, Uconn or Pitt especially on the road and without Cook.

My eyeball says they are not #49

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? Super fandom doesn't necessarily translate to informed and knowledgeable.

No, I don't trust you. Are you a female doctor? If so, and you're good looking, I might reconsider.
LOL. You're just wrong. And Fran mopped the floor with Collins tonight. But carry on.

They responded well tonight and played better defense down the stretch after Fran got after them. Also was happy to see them force the foul trouble issue with NU and it paid off. If we can just play average defense like we did for majority of the second half we have a real good chance to make the tourney.

Either way tonights game was a good win for this team especially since Cook was out. I think if we can finish the season 8-7 and get to 500 in conference we should have a good chance at getting in. We will need to steal a win against a ranked opponent along the way.

Also Fran was a little un-Fran-like leaving the lineup of Maishe, Connor, Moss, and I think Joe and Garza/Kreiner on the floor for a long stretch. They were better defensively and JBo extended bench time was surprising given Fran has that itchy sub trigger.
I thought it was a good adjustment. Dailey was playing great defense and Bohannon wasn’t scoring. Of course he got Jordan back in during crunch time, but it seemed like that defense-centered lineup was key to not letting NU claw back down the stretch.

Thought after tourney run Collins was really going to get them rolling. Then they kind of tanked to end last year. They will be even worse after this year with their 3 best players all seniors this year.
This is true. Next year might be pretty ugly for NU. Collins has had a bunch of recruiting misses, especially at point guard, and his players really haven't improved a ton under his tutelage. The overall talent under Collins is better than under Carmody, but the top-end talent is no better, and the coaching is worse.

I thought it was a good adjustment. Dailey was playing great defense and Bohannon wasn’t scoring. Of course he got Jordan back in during crunch time, but it seemed like that defense-centered lineup was key to not letting NU claw back down the stretch.

Poor Dailey had nice defensive game, was victimized by a well executed Flop on fast break.

This is true. Next year might be pretty ugly for NU. Collins has had a bunch of recruiting misses, especially at point guard, and his players really haven't improved a ton under his tutelage. The overall talent under Collins is better than under Carmody, but the top-end talent is no better, and the coaching is worse.

Sounds like Fran's recruiting run.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Great job getting the road monkey off the back. The team needed this. Let’s keep this going and build on the confidence of a road win.

Moss having the best 2 game run of his career as far as a complete game goes.

JW contines stepping up.

Lots of other contributions. Too many specifics to mention after a fair amount of drinks.

Great win on the road, now just follow it up with a W against tOSU at home this weekend. CHA better be full and rocking for that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT