ADVERTISEMENT

****Official Northwestern vs Iowa Game Thread****

Nov 30, 2008
I know it's early but I want to start one of these for the 1st time in my HR career.

To Get the discussion going, tonight's starting lineup should be: (Though it will never happen.)

Dailey
Moss
Cook
Kriener
Garza

Sub JBo at 1/2
Baer 2/3
Nunge 3/4
Garza/Kriener at the 4/5

No Pemsl, no Ellingson, no one else. Run 8 deep, PERIOD.

IMO, that is best DEFENSIVE starting five.

Why not? It can't be any worse than the last 27 games!

(Iowa won the first 3, for 30 total)

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
If they didn't want to finish last, they've had an entire season to do something about it. It's a little late to start caring now. All they had to do was play hard and play defense, and they didn't, which means they really didn't give a damn. They deserve to finish last...and for the first time since 1938. They've earned it.

Reactions: Scoot_Riggins
Iowa basketball is my favorite team to follow and I will be bummed when the season comes to an end. I would love to see primarily TC, JBo, Moss, Dailey, Garza, Nunge, and RK...I have a feeling I am about to be supremely disappointed.

I really think Dom could have helped this team IF offensively he attacked the hoop and crashed the boards. Unfortunately his lack of confidence and settling for jumpshots means we play 4 on 5 offensively. His length and versatility could have helped on the defensive end IMO.

Alright, seems like the boys came ready to play, so far anyway. Seems like a decent crowd.

Is it me, or does the court look like it needs resurfacing? Everything black looks grey.

I really think Dom could have helped this team IF offensively he attacked the hoop and crashed the boards. Unfortunately his lack of confidence and settling for jumpshots means we play 4 on 5 offensively. His length and versatility could have helped on the defensive end IMO.

Agree. Had a strange career. Best of luck to the kid

Reactions: jellyfish10

He doesn't have the offensive skills....it is not confidence. He can help by playing defense and not turning the ball over.

Uhl with good minutes... changed shots... helped on D, etc. New lineup and they go right at one of the bad defenders on the team.

TC sharing the ball will pay huge dividends for this team and his game going forward.

Pemsl has reason to complain about that "foul". WTF

You would think they could do quality control review and that ref would get dinged. But it is cheaper to put out hacks that ref thousands of games and give bad team without reputation the shaft.

He doesn't have the offensive skills....it is not confidence. He can help by playing defense and not turning the ball over.

I disagree unless you are talking about playing beyond the arc. Early on in his career he was willing to go to the hoop and played with energy. Why he has regressed so much is the mystery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT