*****Purdue vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
1pm FS1
Purdue -6.5
O/U 165.5

#2 Purdue (16-2) comes to carver after smashing Indy on the road. Iowa (11-6) is really going to need the bigs to step up, Freeman is going to have his hands full against Edey. Although it’s going to come down to three point shooting as always for the hawks.

I’m seeing a 93-79 Purdue victory.

Iowa is 48 in NET rankings and has played itself back onto the bubble.

Iowa has only one bad loss on the season Michigan at home.

We have played a brutally hard early season road schedule at Creighton, Iowa St, Purdue, Wisconsin and Oklahoma on a neutral.

Iowa is 48 in NET rankings and has played itself back onto the bubble.

Iowa has only one bad loss on the season Michigan at home.

We have played a brutally hard early season road schedule at Creighton, Iowa St, Purdue, Wisconsin and Oklahoma on a neutral.
Agreed, a hawk win would be massive for our NCAA chances and big ten tournament seedings.

Although it’s certainly a tall order 😎

Owen needs to stay out of foul trouble vs Edey.
Shooters gotta knock them down.
Keep passing the ball like vs Minny.
Obviously switch defenses multiple times but go zone early and often.
If PU shoots well ...we are in big trouble.

According to the Quad City Dispatch Argus, Moline's Braden and Owen Freeman's grandmother passed away unexpectedly on Friday. Braden didn't play in Moline's game against Sterling last night. I wonder if there is a possibility that Owen will miss today's game against Purdue.
It would certainly be a blow if he was not to play, but it also would be understandable considering how close the family was to their grandmother.

• Sad
Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
According to the Quad City Dispatch Argus, Moline's Braden and Owen Freeman's grandmother passed away unexpectedly on Friday. Braden didn't play in Moline's game against Sterling last night. I wonder if there is a possibility that Owen will miss today's game against Purdue.
It would certainly be a blow if he was not to play, but it also would be understandable considering how close the family was to their grandmother.
oh that’s awful for the Freeman family 😞

I just noticed he’s the player spotlight for todays game

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I don’t want to steal his thunder ( he reads, doesn’t post here) I’ve got a buddy telling me he’s heard Proctor is already a done deal.

Anywhoo…what an odd line. +6.5, apparently Iowas home field is worth 7 pts?! I had an old gambling friend who taught me if a line seems off, it’s probably on purpose. I don’t gamble but hell maybe Iowa can win 🤷‍♂️ I don’t see it, but I’d have guessed that line closer to +10

1pm?!?

Schitts Creek Whatever GIF by CBC

Reactions: QChawks
I don’t want to steal his thunder ( he reads, doesn’t post here) I’ve got a buddy telling me he’s heard Proctor is already a done deal.

Anywhoo…what an odd line. +6.5, apparently Iowas home field is worth 7 pts?! I had an old gambling friend who taught me if a line seems off, it’s probably on purpose. I don’t gamble but hell maybe Iowa can win 🤷‍♂️ I don’t see it, but I’d have guessed that line closer to +10
Yeah, there was word last night he's already registered for classes and has an Iowa email address.

Can't turn ball over today. Try to limit offensive rebounds for them. Must shoot the 3 ball at a pretty good clip. Gotta keep their 3 ball from falling. Pretty tough sledding

Reactions: Moral

In Iowa City? 10? We’re playing as good as we’ve played all year. Purdue clearly a different beast but if people actually show up this team could win this game.

Reactions: cmhawks99
The last Iowa Purdue game I went to was the Chris Street game in 2018. I can't think of a worse game I've ever attended. Only down by 31 at half. Purdue hit almost 70% from 3 in the first half. 60% from 3 for the game. I predict it won't be that bad.

It's still sad to me how far we have fallen compared to Purdue, since that BTT championship game.

Yes, we bombed in the tournament because BAU, but that undersized team that pwned a Zach Edey-led Purdue to win the tourney title did jack shit to springboard our program for the future.

Meanwhile, Purdue is as strong as ever at least by comparison to the rest of CBB. I do think they're flawed outside of Edey, but they're playing very well as a unit feeding off the 7 footer.

And of course there's zero reason to believe they'll go away once Edey is gone, as long as they have Painter as coach.

Good for us, I guess, right?.......................

It's still sad to me how far we have fallen compared to Purdue, since that BTT championship game.

Yes, we bombed in the tournament because BAU, but that undersized team that pwned a Zach Edey-led Purdue to win the tourney title did jack shit to springboard our program for the future.

Meanwhile, Purdue is as strong as ever at least by comparison to the rest of CBB. I do think they're flawed outside of Edey, but they're playing very well as a unit feeding off the 7 footer.

And of course there's zero reason to believe they'll go away once Edey is gone, as long as they have Painter as coach.

Dont be sad

This isn't anything new. Purdue has had a consistently superior program for decades. Last year's BTT was an anomaly.

Well playing devil’s advocate, aren’t they just Iowa football?! At least the way some perceive Iowa football? Win a bunch of meaningless games then plateau and bomb out of the tournament 🤷‍♂️

Just sayin’…,

Can't turn ball over today. Try to limit offensive rebounds for them. Must shoot the 3 ball at a pretty good clip. Gotta keep their 3 ball from falling. Pretty tough sledding
No offense, but that's pretty much the gameplan vs every P5 opponent Iowa plays.

Well playing devil’s advocate, aren’t they just Iowa football?! At least the way some perceive Iowa football? Win a bunch of meaningless games then plateau and bomb out of the tournament 🤷‍♂️

Just sayin’…,
That's not a devil's advocate take, though.....

Well done though to finally show some pessimism and disdain for our failing top two sports. I'm proud of you. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT