ADVERTISEMENT

So now what?

This intermat discussion showed up in my Google feed just now…

Reactions: GiApet
With all that’s going on INSIDE our borders, immigrants are the least of my worries. Not sure how immigration even makes your top ten, currently.
Your the one who started with the politics dude and who said it was my top ten not even close

Your the one who started with the politics dude and who said it was my top ten not even close
No. You started a convo. I answered. My answer was no more or less political than your statement. Show me….

No. You started a convo. I answered. My answer was no more or less political than your statement. Show me….
No, somebody saying something political in a thread doesn’t mean you need to continue it. Be the bigger man and let it go.

Reactions: el dub
How is that @el dub starting it? He's replying to someone else who had brought up politics.
I love a good cat fight!!!

2ri8jm.jpg

Reactions: SansAgain
Newton allegedly said that he could calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people. :oops:

Newton allegedly said that he could calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people. :oops:
No worries, Einstein later figured it out. The "m" in E=mc2 stands for madness. So m=E/c2. Given the high energy in these threads, madness must also be high. There's your cesspool physics/psychology lesson for the day, boys and girls. Test will be right after the Nebby meet. @IRONBIRD will be grading.

actually, no. he can't. coaches are specifically barred from speaking about prospective student athletes unless/until they are signed.
So this statement is incorrect?

"a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete. The institution may not comment generally about the prospective student-athlete's ability or the contribution that the prospective student-athlete might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospective student-athlete committing to or signing with that institution."​

"a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete. The institution may not comment generally about the prospective student-athlete's ability or the contribution that the prospective student-athlete might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospective student-athlete committing to or signing with that institution."​
And that states the coach can't make any comments besides confirming they are recruiting a prospective student athlete. Any coach with a brain stays away from the conversation with the media, to make sure there isn't a slip up and accidentally says too much.

actually, no. he can't. coaches are specifically barred from speaking about prospective student athletes unless/until they are signed.
That’s fine. But what I’d like to see is Tom come out and publicly endorse or praise Glazier. Or just say he is the starter going forward. Or, regrettably, say that the 197 starter is still undecided. Such a public statement would address the question of Ferrari in no uncertain terms while operating well within the rules.

But no. The silence suggests we’re still considering whoring it up for potential podium points. It’s quite possible Tom does intend to part ways with AJ, dominoes be damned, and that he doesn’t care what us fans think about being kept in the dark. Donors and ticket holders and diehards deserve better, though. So do his past, current, and future wrestlers and their families. The REAL Hawkeye family.

If AJ ‘s standing with the team carries weight with the siblings and their parents, then eff the Ferraris. With double fingers. Dude is bad news and needs to disappear.

"if it were an Iowa vs ISU dual and Ferrari was wrestling for ISU.."

^^^ a direct quote.

That's 100% hypothetical

And doesn't contradict the point that I've made throughout this thread. Brands has a responsibility to address it, and the cop out that "he can't talk about AJ Ferrari" doesn't prevent him from making comments within the rules.

It's not hypothetical that Brands can give general remarks such as "some of the actions displayed in the tournament don't meet the Iowa standard and will be addressed and we'll improve".

Wild that you've read this entire thread and haven't been able to follow that point.

Too late for buyer’s remorse. The ink’s dry, all 3 cars are yours, so work on them. On the upside, Birdman will be AA with a shot at gold. Led by Woods, Iowa should finish no worse than second at NCAA’s, no small feat. A larger concern is envy-driven TB letting a helicopter dad hijack his team for an ego-centric family’s use during college years. All to acquire Neo, er, uh, Angelo. Maybe worth it, maybe not. We only know AJ’s a wild child with no guidance from adults who seem to love attention more than they do him. No, muscle beach, you DON’T love your son if you’re not telling him every damn day to be grateful for redemptive chances that far more deserving folks never get. No, AJ, real men aren’t admired for arrogance or bicep size, but for grace and humility during life’s wins AND losses. Lucky for him, basic human nature has many rooting for any young adult’s redemption, even one who he came inches of twisted metal away from killing a woman in yet another dangerous lapse of self-control.
My offbeat suggestion to fight any relapse? A small tattoo of that woman’s name on a forearm. A constant reminder of AJ’s near devastation of her entire family for generations to come, and reason enough to treat Iowa’s second chance gift with lasting respect.
All that said, a troll’s sympathy has limits. With humility being the solid first step back here, join me now in hoping AB beats AJ three times this spring . . . for the new Hawk’s own good, of course.

ya know i don't really care if aj is gone or not, it does not effect my life at it's core. i am an iowa fan and i will be pulling for the UofI wrestlers that take the mat.a lot of people on here are just poised and ready to jump on anything neg., me i'm waiting for the positive,you boohooers enjoy what you got, go throw a ball with your kids

Reactions: GoHawks1996
ya know i don't really care if aj is gone or not, it does not effect my life at it's core. i am an iowa fan and i will be pulling for the UofI wrestlers that take the mat.a lot of people on here are just poised and ready to jump on anything neg., me i'm waiting for the positive,you boohooers enjoy what you got, go throw a ball with your kids
just stay off my lawn while doing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12tdsaw and el dub
That’s fine. But what I’d like to see is Tom come out and publicly endorse or praise Glazier. Or just say he is the starter going forward. Or, regrettably, say that the 197 starter is still undecided. Such a public statement would address the question of Ferrari in no uncertain terms while operating well within the rules.

But no. The silence suggests we’re still considering whoring it up for potential podium points. It’s quite possible Tom does intend to part ways with AJ, dominoes be damned, and that he doesn’t care what us fans think about being kept in the dark. Donors and ticket holders and diehards deserve better, though. So do his past, current, and future wrestlers and their families. The REAL Hawkeye family.

If AJ ‘s standing with the team carries weight with the siblings and their parents, then eff the Ferraris. With double fingers. Dude is bad news and needs to disappear.
It’s a moot point unless AJ commits. Why would you come out and say someone’s not starting who isn’t on the team? I doubt Tom would suspend someone for an entire season over this. If he did something worthy of that, he would just stop recruiting him.

yes, you're right. my bad. but ya, that's all he could say.

Reactions: LIV4GOD
It’s a moot point unless AJ commits. Why would you come out and say someone’s not starting who isn’t on the team? I doubt Tom would suspend someone for an entire season over this. If he did something worthy of that, he would just stop recruiting him.
No. The point was to rebut a notion that Tom doesn’t really have an option to publicly convey whether AJ is still being recruited. Fans (as indicated in these threads) want to know the deal. What I posted was a way for Tom to do so without mentioning AJ at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT