ADVERTISEMENT

Too early for a lineup prediction thread?

I also blame his lack of aggression and urgency, if it makes you feel better. No idea what he was waiting for the second half of the season. He has an excellent duck-under, just wouldn’t use it. He just wasn’t the same wrestler we saw in December.

True..no duck-under for months. Did he not see Hall duck under successfully many times?

Now will you guys quit arguing........trying to get caught up reading threads before I leave till November and there is just too much to read here...........
3ztzsjm.gif

STOP THE GARBAGE POSTING!!!

Reactions: Dagboi
Didn’t say you need to agree with him. Frankly I agree with you that there’s no way the hawks are scoring close to 150 next year. Shocker right?
Shocker? No, i feel most wouldn't pick them to score more than that. I knew who i was replying to and im not going to reply any differently than i would for anyone else. Is it PC? No. Is it disrespectful? Absolutely not, unless you're super sensitive. Same way i BS with friends. If a friend told me iowa would score 150 next year I'd say lay off the whacky weed and call them delusional. Because it's just not happening. Penn State didnt even get there, with 5 finalists! So forgive me for calling someone delusional, not trying to hurt feelings.

True..no duck-under for months. Did he not see Hall duck under successfully many times?

Now will you guys quit arguing........trying to get caught up reading threads before I leave till November and there is just too much to read here...........
3ztzsjm.gif

STOP THE GARBAGE POSTING!!!
I get paid by the word. P_P gets paid by the insult.

Iowa scored 98 points this year......no matter what the ref thinks who docked Stoll 1 point.

Bnic says Iowa scores 150 next year.

Pendy says no way. More like 120.

Bnic gets upset, wants to make a bet for $1,000. More than most here would ever bet on anything. For him no big deal.

Then wants the bet at over/under 135. Pendy says stay with your 150 if you believe it.

Insults ensue. Back and forth. Others jump in getting emotionally involved. Group ganging up on Pendy. More insults.

Did I summarize this little brief moment in time correctly?

You all ought to be put on ignore.

Iowa scored 98 points this year......no matter what the ref thinks who docked Stoll 1 point.

Bnic says Iowa scores 150 next year.

Pendy says no way. More like 120.

Bnic gets upset, wants to make a bet for $1,000. More than most here would ever bet on anything. For him no big deal.

Then wants the bet at over/under 135. Pendy says stay with your 150 if you believe it.

Insults ensue. Back and forth. Others jump in getting emotionally involved. Group ganging up on Pendy. More insults.

Did I summarize this little brief moment in time correctly?

You all ought to be put on ignore.
You nailed it.

I really am having trouble with why everybody is so upset with Pendy saying he thinks Iowa scores 120 and won't take a $1,000 bet when Bnic tried to move the Goalposts from his 150 down to 135.

I understand why he tried to move the goalposts. 150 is like having all 5 PSU studs PIN their way thru the tournament. That gets you 150.......right?

I'd move the Goalposts too. Hell I'd probably bet $1,000 on Gross coming back to take over at 133 for us rather than take the 150 bet.

I'm giving you all till the end of the week and then the whole lot of you is going on ignore till November.......you're all crazy.

Makes you wonder how he does it. It’s almost.........magic!

We will see dagboi. I like magic but I too am intelligent enough to know that there is no such thing. However Mr.Sanderson has the magic formula to balance this recruiting stuff all out.

Makes you wonder how he does it. It’s almost.........magic!

We will see dagboi. I like magic but I too am intelligent enough to know that there is no such thing. Although Cael does seem to have some sort of magic formula with balancing recruiting number of guys that are talented and the money that they get. HIs collegiate and Olympic wrestling resume is golden to a kid who could possibly want to wrestle for him.

I really am having trouble with why everybody is so upset with Pendy saying he thinks Iowa scores 120 and won't take a $1,000 bet when Bnic tried to move the Goalposts from his 150 down to 135.

I understand why he tried to move the goalposts. 150 is like having all 5 PSU studs PIN their way thru the tournament. That gets you 150.......right?

I'd move the Goalposts too. Hell I'd probably bet $1,000 on Gross coming back to take over at 133 for us rather than take the 150 bet.

I'm giving you all till the end of the week and then the whole lot of you is going on ignore till November.......you're all crazy.

That’s not really the problem the problem is that this is an Iowa Hawkeyes sports related forum where. Iowa Hawkeye fans will talk about Iowa Hawkeye sports and possibly bash or trash talk a different team. And then you get a ease dropper from what ever college it may be that comes in here and gets defensive because somebody who is supposed to be speaking with friends in private may have said about their school coach or athlete.

I didn't move the goalposts down on a bet as the terms were never made. The prediction is 150 and the bet is 135 because my boy wouldn't make a prediction until he finally indicates 120. Did I then offer to bet him at 120? Split the difference and over/under it to 135. In the end the bet was for 1K each to go now to HWC, so it's not a $ and cent issue to me. Still, PP won't do it. Happy to make the bet 150 with the same 1K going to HWC, it doesn't really matter to me, as HWC gets another 2K. In fact, I'll make the bet up to 10K for anyone who wants to help out HWC.

My beef with this boy is that he hurls insults but never engages in reasoned thinking, likely because he is incapable of such. If I was 30 years younger, I challenge him to go 7 and let the mat decide it. In any case, he'll never take me up on the above as he ain't no Hawk fan.

I didn't move the goalposts down on a bet as the terms were never made. The prediction is 150 and the bet is 135 because my boy wouldn't make a prediction until he finally indicates 120. Did I then offer to bet him at 120? Split the difference and over/under it to 135. In the end the bet was for 1K each to go now to HWC, so it's not a $ and cent issue to me. Still, PP won't do it. Happy to make the bet 150 with the same 1K going to HWC, it doesn't really matter to me, as HWC gets another 2K. In fact, I'll make the bet up to 10K for anyone who wants to help out HWC.

My beef with this boy is that he hurls insults but never engages in reasoned thinking, likely because he is incapable of such. If I was 30 years younger, I challenge him to go 7 and let the mat decide it. In any case, he'll never take me up on the above as he ain't no Hawk fan.
10k? I've been with you up to this point, but let's not let the butt kissing go to our heads. This is a message board full of average joe's. Flashing your Rolex out the window as you flip everyone off pulling away in your Bentley is bad form.

Why don't you just find a bridge near Waterloo and hash this out like men, Sans knows the spot. If that don't work, I've got a tape measure, we can see who the real man is here.

By the way, if you haven't put Pat Pend on ignore by now, you should go ahead and pay HWC $1000 just for being catfished. Dude is trashing every thread he touches just to be a douche.

Last edited:
Yeah but it hasn't happened in 10 years which is remarkable in itself. I think he coaches with quite a bit of edge and chippiness. Maybe if he loses a little bit of that edge?? But you saw him today, did he look like he was losing his edge to you?
Kids run through walls for him. He's the sort of coach that just bends things to his will. The will is strong, will it fade? Who knows.
We get it. You're a PSU fan. So what are you doing hijacking this thread on this board? Troll somewhere else. By "bend," I hope you don't mean reality or rules.
One thing we all know: all runs end at some point.

I thought I wouldn't jump into this fray, but last night I decided to do what I've sworn not to do, and then do it anyway ---- predictions. What Pendleton fails to realize is that most people are dreamers, optimistic, biased, glass half full type people - all message board have numerous examples of what appear to be unrealistic statements, but are actually hopeful statements. With that said, I did some VERY optimistic (but I feel also reasonable) predictions of the points that each Hawk might score at next year's NCAAs.

125 - Lee, 28 pts. (1st, with bonus)
133 - Unknown, 0 pts, though a transfer could change this.
141 - Turk/Murin, 7 pts. (7th)
149 - Lugo, 12 pts. (3rd, with bonus)
157 - Kemerer, 20 (2nd, with bonus)
165 - Marinelli, 24 (1st, with bonus)
174 - Young, 4 (rd 12)
184 - Wilcke/Bowman, 10 (5th)
197 - Warner, 23 (1st, with bonus)
285 - Stoll, 22 pts (2nd, with bonus)

Yes, I fully realize that this is super optimistic, but why not? Will someone actually criticize me for hoping that this happens? I feel that each of my predictions are feasible, reasonable (though it's unlikely that it will happen this way). We'll be a bonus machine!! The total points of my prediction is...150!! So there, Nicolls, I matched you! ;)

10k? I've been with you up to this point, but let's not let the butt kissing go to our heads. This is a message board full of average joe's. Flashing your Rolex out the window as you flip everyone off pulling away in your Bentley is bad form.

Why don't you just find a bridge near Waterloo and hash this out like men, Sans knows the spot. If that don't work, I've got a tape measure, we can see who the real man is here.

By the way, if you haven't put Pat Pend on ignore by now, you should go ahead and pay HWC $1000 just for being catfished. Dude is trashing every thread he touches just to be a douche.

10K total. Anyone who wants to bet any amount will be matched to 10K. Randy can keep track and lmk. He knows I'm good for it.

If I was younger, I'd certainly love to settle this on the mat.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Some people simply ruin threads with their childish back and forth posts. Message boards become "junior high ... for adults" ... Sometimes you need to know when to simply "ignore" someone ... Saves you from needlessly wasting mental energy.

10K total. Anyone who wants to bet any amount will be matched to 10K. Randy can keep track and lmk. He knows I'm good for it.

If I was younger, I'd certainly love to settle this on the mat.
LOL, I've seen you before little guy. You wouldn't do much on a mat. Im still waiting for you to back up your 150 prediction. 150 and i give 1k to hwc. Less than 150 and you give 1k to a charity of my choice.

LOL, I've seen you before little guy. You wouldn't do much on a mat. Im still waiting for you to back up your 150 prediction. 150 and i give 1k to hwc. Less than 150 and you give 1k to a charity of my choice.
Chill already. If you are really a hawkeye fan then you should realize that we have enough psu trolls on here and certainly do not need our own fans posting all the negatives.. maybe you are just a glass always half empty type where others are always a glass half full. If that’s not the case and you just want to create controversery then you will continue to get called a troll. Your choice.

Chill already. If you are really a hawkeye fan then you should realize that we have enough psu trolls on here and certainly do not need our own fans posting all the negatives.. maybe you are just a glass always half empty type where others are always a glass half full. If that’s not the case and you just want to create controversery then you will continue to get called a troll. Your choice.
How is predicting 120 points next year negative or glass half empty??? D'OH!

Check this guy on almost every thread on HR, he's taking random cheep shots at anyone and everyone trying to get someone to bite. Block him and move on.

Stud

The bet terms are listed above if you can read. Take it or leave it.

Find a mat in IC, and a proper ref, and we'll have a go, folkstyle. Terms there are: You gotta be no more than 190, no younger than 45, and we'll go 90, 60, 60. Do it in June after the 6th. I'll be 60 and weigh in around 184. Terms there are after you lose, you voluntarily leave this board.

Now, I need to return to Planet Earth.

He is obviously not an Iowa fan.

Stud

Find a mat in IC, and a proper ref, and we'll have a go, folkstyle. Terms there are: You gotta be no more than 190, no younger than 45, and we'll go 90, 60, 60. Do it in June after the 6th. I'll be 60 and weigh in around 184. Terms there are after you lose, you voluntarily leave this board.

Take the 150 bet and back up your prediction.

Stud

Never ignore Pat, my day needs this shit

Stud

Also you said i didnt engage in reasoned thinking. I'd like to hear your reasoned thinking behind stoll scoring 29 points next year. More than every single wrestler scored this year. I'll wait.

Reactions: Westiowahawk1986
This!

All the deification of Cael is somewhat one dimensional. He's no Gable. Yes, PSU has won a bunch of ncaa titles. And it has mainly been done by recruiting consensus #1 guys at virtually every single weight. Everyone else plays catchup. PSU's whole lineup is stacked with top 10 p4p guys.

Here are very elite HS wrestlers - the top 3 p4p (from d1 site and FLO).

2007 - Gardiner, Z Kemerer, A White
2008 - J Welch, Scott Winston, Mario Mason
2009 - David Taylor, E Grajales, C Perry
2010 - Logan Steiber, A Alton, C Villalonga
2011 - Morgan McIntosh, D McCauley, Megaludis
2012 - Tsirtsis, Massa, Gulibon
2013 - B Jordan, Coon, Retherford
2014 - Snyder, Marsteller, Brill (inj), (Nolf)
2015 - A Valencia, L Massa, Z Valencia
2016 - Hall, Marinelli, Suriano
2017 - Fix, S Lee, Diakomihalis
2018 - Steveson, Carr, Wittlake, (Brooks)

In that list, several were age level world gold medalists in FS - Coon, Retherford, Snyder, Hall, Fix, S Lee, Diakomihalis, Steveson, Brooks.

A few of these were 2x world JR gold medalists- Hall, Lee, and Steveson.

Some others were jr or cadet national FS champions - Stieber, Alton, Taylor, Grajales, McIntosh, McCauley, Tsirtsis, Massa, Marsteller, A and Z Valencia, Carr.

Brands is a great coach, but got his first top 3 guy in his 10th year at Iowa, Marinelli, and the second with S Lee, last year. Whaddya know... Lee was spectacular and Marinelli, with a bum knee, AA'd.

Meanwhile Cael, in his 9 years, has gotten Taylor, A Alton, McIntosh, Megaludis, Gulibon, Retherford, (Nolf), Hall, (Suriano). He had Wittlake until he decommited, and recently got 2018 World cadet gold medalist Brooks (#4 in 2018 class). Not to mention numerous other guys in top 10 p4p.

Gotta give Cael his due....he has recruited top tier guys to PSU like no other coach in history.
and pays for them like no other coach in history

No problem. You understand that 1K now goes to HWC from each of us. The winner is then simply the winner If you are a Hawk fan, you'd do it.

I guess this "little guy" has pimped you down on the wrestling match. I thought so, bluster is all you got
Apparently you don't understand what a bet is....
And little guy, engage me in some reasoned thinking and explain to me about stoll scoring more points next year than any wrestler did this year.

Apparently you don't understand what a bet is....
And little guy, engage me in some reasoned thinking and explain to me about stoll scoring more points next year than any wrestler did this year.

I would disagree with BNicolls on the 150...I think the over/under gets set at 120. But there is a respectful way to do it as you are just a recent addition to a long line of DBags posting in here while BN has been posting here for years and puts his money where his mouth is. He is a huge Hawk/HWC supporter and a very humble guy in person. We are lucky to have him.

So just make the bet and match him if you can. If you can’t (I couldn’t), then do what you can. If you are the Hawk fan you say you are, it goes to a good cause and thats a grand you don’t pay the gov.

I would disagree with BNicolls on the 150...I think the over/under gets set at 120. But there is a respectful way to do it as you are just a recent addition to a long line of DBags posting in here while BN has been posting here for years and puts his money where his mouth is. He is a huge Hawk/HWC supporter and a very humble guy in person. We are lucky to have him.

So just make the bet and match him if you can. If you can’t (I couldn’t), then do what you can. If you are the Hawk fan you say you are, it goes to a good cause and thats a grand you don’t pay the gov.
I didn't want his 1000 to go to hwc if i won, i wanted it to go to a more useful cause.
Also, its not a bet then. Theres no point in making any prediction. The point of a bet is someone losing money and someone gaining money.
Also, he "disrespects" (as others would say) me by saying i have engaged in no reasoned thinking. I'd like him to explain his reasoned thinking with stoll scoring 29 friggin points.

I didn't want his 1000 to go to hwc if i won, i wanted it to go to a more useful cause.
I have no idea why you are here.

Every other person on this board that calls themselves a Hawkeye fan thinks the HWC is a “useful cause.” I’m typically not one for diagnosing long-distance, but you have major Oppositional Defiance Disorder. Aka, being a punkass about anything and everything for no good reason.

And if your on this board with its content it is the most useful cause.. ok here is where I get the “So a charity that feeds the homeless is not a more worthy cause” yeah yeah I know there are many great charities and some not so much my favorite is St Jude myself none more worthy imo. But we are on a Hawkeye Wrestling board so get lost if you don’t think HWC is not a good cause....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT