ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal around the league

Prolly wise to let all these teams blow their cash on these guys that iowa wasn’t gonna get anyway. We really need a QB but could sweep up a few role players for a fraction of one of the top 10 QBs in portal.

First portal window: Dec 4 to Jan 2

Second window: April 16 to April 30

I believe players can still sign with teams outside those windows as long as they were in the portal inside these windows.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I am assuming you mean offers for PP to coach elsewhere. And not offers for players to IA?
No, probably not, schools know Phil is a Hawk for life unless Kirk goes. Just like TEs coming to Iowa, one would think defenders would be beating down the door to play in this D, especially if the new OC gets the freedom and full opportunity to fix the offense.

No, probably not, schools know Phil is a Hawk for life unless Kirk goes. Just like TEs coming to Iowa, one would think defenders would be beating down the door to play in this D, especially if the new OC gets the freedom and full opportunity to fix the offense.
Would you leave that schedule ... too easy. Iowa staff is comfortable, Iowa hates change. They know it. Almost a life time contract unless you are a screw up like Brian Ferentz.
New conference will put a bump into the gravy train. The west coast trips will be like all those in the past and trips to OhioSt. Expect game plans like vs Michigan. Let’s not get drubbed by 40. Play prevent D and O to keep scores down.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Even OSU has a limited budget on NIL money. They apparently willing to let some guys go and sign better ones from portal.
What about Nebraska? We raped them on the field, so why not double down on them via the portal? Have to think they have many guys wanting to leave that perennial dumpster fire…maybe we can cherry pick, assuming any worth picking hit the portal. I realize it’s slim pickings there.

• Haha
Reactions: shudaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT