ADVERTISEMENT

*****UCONN vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

SSikNob.jpeg
🤮

Can't believe the Hawks are in a very good position to still win this game tonight, after that first half. 26 first half points, in a national semi? Woof!

But to pull out the win, it would require them pulling their heads out of their butts and realizing that UConn wants to win just as much as they do.

12 turnovers 20% from 3 and Clark is 9 points below her halftime average…… and Iowa is only down 6. If these girl can shake their shock and find a way to take what UConn isn’t defending this game will be much more interesting in second half.

I can't beleve we're down only 6. Still in this game despite being out-played and out-coached. Need to make some adjustments. We're still right there somehow despite horrible play.
Outcoached? Lisa’s offense got them multiple wide open looks that were missed. Martin missed a bunny. Caitlin missed 2 two footers. But yeah, Lisa is being outcoached. Lol.

Everyone clinging to the old "we played like shit and only down 6" mantra needs to also recognize it's not as if UConn played out of their minds. They can play better in the second half too. We need to be strategic, attack the rim, go right at the players in foul trouble, box out, gather the ball, FOLLOW OUR EFFING SHOTS (esp. 3s), and stop turning the fracking ball over with stupid idiotic moronic dumbfukkery unforced errors!!!

Feeling like the championship last year. We just come off cold from a big, emotional win. I'd hate for CC's last game to be a bad one.
It'd be BAU though to teach us a lesson about getting our hopes up.

Why, after all these years, I really don't know, but f*** if Iowa is allowed to have nice things like made 3 pointers while Connecticut can continue to win big games and championships and get all the star recruits.

But no it's Iowa that needs to learn a lesson about humility and seeing the silver linings............... :D

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
If you would have told me before this game Iowa would shoot 37% from the field, 21% from 3, 33% from the charity stripe, and CC to have the stats she does in the 1st H, I would have guessed Iowa to be down 15. 6 feels like a gift from the basketball gods.

Should have drove to the hoop to get 2 for 1 Possessions.

Dribbling out the shot clock for a bomb knowing UConn will get a possession is a head scratcher.
I said that the other night. College teams don't do the 2 for 1. Doesn't make sense, but they don't.

Can't believe the Hawks are in a very good position to still win this game tonight, after that first half. 26 first half points, in a national semi? Woof!

But to pull out the win, it would require them pulling their heads out of their butts and realizing that UConn wants to win just as much as they do.
Yeah, self inflicted wounds from all of the turnovers and shot selection. Clean those up. Whatever team makes the right adjustments will be the story in the 2nd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT