ADVERTISEMENT

*****W Virginia vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

Its a contrast of styles. They are very fast, and press a lot. It looks like if Iowa takes care of the ball, shoots the 3 well, and runs a good cutting offense we should be ok as we should be able to outscore them. If we make lazy passes, or Clark gets frustrated, or we try to just pass around the perimeter it could be a long night.

Its a contrast of styles. They are very fast, and press a lot. It looks like if Iowa takes care of the ball, shoots the 3 well, and runs a good cutting offense we should be ok as we should be able to outscore them. If we make lazy passes, or Clark gets frustrated, or we try to just pass around the perimeter it could be a long night.
They are 2nd in the nation in steals, averaging 13.8 per game.

Are they lined up outside Carver yet?

If it weren't for that danged fire marshall, they could have over 20,000 in Carver tonight like they did when C. Vivian Stringer was guiding the Hawkeyes. It'll sound like at least 20,000 anyway.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Hawks better be ready to be bounced around tonight or will lose to WV. JMO

If Iowa can get to 85 pts they win it is that simple.....WV struggles to score and didn't look all that good offensively their first game.

Reactions: SunzOutGunzOut
Well, that's unfortunate. Beth was her usual irritating self vs. Holy Cross. Of course, there are plenty of male announcers who are as bad or worse, so to coin a phrase, it is what it is. :)
Turn off the volume. You know what's happening if you're watching the game.

Turn off the volume. You know what's happening if you're watching the game.
Hey, why didn't I think of that? Oh . . . maybe it's because if I turn off the volume (mute is a term some people use), then I can't hear the crowd noise either. Damn, there's always something . . . but thanks anyway, genius. LOL

Hey, why didn't I think of that? Oh . . . maybe it's because if I turn off the volume (mute is a term some people use), then I can't hear the crowd noise either. Damn, there's always something . . . but thanks anyway, genius. LOL
Turn it down low enough where you can't hear the announcer but still loud enough you can hear the crowd. If there's something crucial you feel like you need to hear, turn it up. EZPZ.

I do this for football games and haven't cared about the announcers for years. They're never saying anything you need to hear anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT