ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Thread

This is not a Bill Gates company. You stated that a Bill Gates company is working on the vaccine. He has donated millions to several companies to find the Covid vaccine. His companies are not working on human corona virus vaccines, but animal vaccines.
No I didnt.I said Bill Gates is also working on 2 vaccines.Then stated Bill Gates has his money in everything.I dont think hes in the lab working on them nor did I say his company is doing it.By stating he has his money in everything I thought maybe you would understand what i was saying.But since you didnt I figured I would explain it to you.

I read an interesting article where a medical professional stated that we might be doing the worst thing possible. He said something along the lines of going with herd mentality and doing everything normal but lock down and keep safe those more susceptible to death. By doing this a large majority of people could potentially get covid19, beat the virus, and have immunity quicker therefore stopping this virus now instead of having it around for who knows how long and causing more damage in the long run. This would cause small businesses, people, and the economy to not suffer. There was also a mention of stats that we could never come up with like suicides due to lockdown, crime rate, murder, alcohol and drug dependency, etc.

I am just throwing this out there so I am not trying to start a war on who is right or wrong, just giving a different view of this mess. When it comes to politics and media I am the type of guy that really trusts neither because its all about lies, spinning data to fit your view instead of the whole story, greed, money, and corruption. Unfortunately I am not sure this country will ever solve what I consider to be the biggest problem and threat to our country, ourselves.

I read an interesting article where a medical professional stated that we might be doing the worst thing possible. He said something along the lines of going with herd mentality and doing everything normal but lock down and keep safe those more susceptible to death. By doing this a large majority of people could potentially get covid19, beat the virus, and have immunity quicker therefore stopping this virus now instead of having it around for who knows how long and causing more damage in the long run. This would cause small businesses, people, and the economy to not suffer. There was also a mention of stats that we could never come up with like suicides due to lockdown, crime rate, murder, alcohol and drug dependency, etc.

I am just throwing this out there so I am not trying to start a war on who is right or wrong, just giving a different view of this mess. When it comes to politics and media I am the type of guy that really trusts neither because its all about lies, spinning data to fit your view instead of the whole story, greed, money, and corruption. Unfortunately I am not sure this country will ever solve what I consider to be the biggest problem and threat to our country, ourselves.

If we had an adequate number of tests that is pretty much what we would have done.

No I didnt.I said Bill Gates is also working on 2 vaccines.Then stated Bill Gates has his money in everything.I dont think hes in the lab working on them nor did I say his company is doing it.By stating he has his money in everything I thought maybe you would understand what i was saying.But since you didnt I figured I would explain it to you.
Your quote is “Bill Gates HAS a company that he is a partner in”. He does not HAVE a company and is not a partner in a company dealing with Covid-19. He has donated large amounts of money in this.

keep safe those more susceptible to death.

Who exactly is this? How many people have undetected health issues? There are plenty of middle age people who been on ventilators and placed in ICU over this. How many would die/survive if the hospitals run out of resources/beds/etc.?

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
Who exactly is this? How many people have undetected health issues? There are plenty of middle age people who been on ventilators and placed in ICU over this. How many would die/survive if the hospitals run out of resources/beds/etc.?

Not terribly many. 450,000 Covid cases with 16,000 US deaths and less than 800 deaths from people under the age of 50. Any death is sad but that’s not a level that puts over 16,000,000 out of work.

If testing weren’t in such short supply we would have approached the whole thing differently. All efforts in terms of quarantines and social distancing would have been much more targeted, less evasive and less crippling to the economy.

Last edited:
Not terribly many. 450,000 Covid cases with 16,000 US deaths and less than 800 deaths from people under the age of 50. Any death is sad but that’s not a level that puts over 10,000,000 out of work.

If testing weren’t in such short supply we would have approached the whole thing differently. All efforts in terms of quarantines and social distancing would have been much more targeted, less evasive and less crippling to the economy.
16.6 million out work, last 3 weeks.

Not terribly many. 450,000 Covid cases with 16,000 US deaths and less than 800 deaths from people under the age of 50. Any death is sad but that’s not a level that puts over 16,000,000 out of work.

So, going the herd immunity route wouldn't have put our hospitals over the edge, leaving people without the ability to get care?

So, going the herd immunity route wouldn't have put our hospitals over the edge, leaving people without the ability to get care?

I have no idea. I may have misunderstood your earlier question and took this discussion the wrong direction. If so, I apologize.

This has been an interesting thought all along. Keep schools going, keep healthy people under 50-60 at work, don’t be stupid, wash hands, be safe, and keep the old and immunosuppressed in lock down for a couple months. Covid would pass through, hospitals would very likely not get overwhelmed, and herd immunity would be reached pretty quickly and financially we would still be healthy.

Unfortunately in this plan, a small percentage of the young and healthy would get sick and some would die and the optics would be terrible (at least in the short term). Although this may be the optimal “smart” way to do it in the long term (if there are no good treatments or vaccines very soon), it would never pass the PC test. Anybody condoning this plan would be criticized and the deaths of the young and healthy sensationalized. They would be ruined for life.

From Robert F Kennedy Jr's Instagram post today:

"Vaccines, for Bill Gates, are a strategic philanthropy that feed his many vaccine-related businesses (including Microsoft’s ambition to control a global vac ID enterprise) and give him dictatorial control over global health policy—the spear tip of corporate neo-imperialism.
Gates’ obsession with vaccines seems fueled by a messianic conviction that he is ordained to save the world with technology and a god-like willingness to experiment with the lives of lesser humans.
Promising to eradicate Polio with $1.2 billion, Gates took control of India ‘s National Advisory Board (NAB) and mandated 50 polio vaccines (up from 5) to every child before age 5. Indian doctors blame the Gates campaign for a devastating vaccine-strain polio epidemic that paralyzed 496,000 children between 2000 and 2017. In 2017, the Indian Government dialed back Gates’ vaccine regimen and evicted Gates and his cronies from the NAB. Polio paralysis rates dropped precipitously. In 2017, the World Health Organization reluctantly admitted that the global polio explosion is predominantly vaccine strain, meaning it is coming from Gates’ Vaccine Program. The most frightening epidemics in Congo, the Philippines, and Afghanistan are all linked to Gates’ vaccines. By 2018, ¾ of global polio cases were from Gates’ vaccines.
In 2014, the Gates Foundation funded tests of experimental HPV vaccines, developed by GSK and Merck, on 23,000 young girls in remote Indian provinces. Approximately 1,200 suffered severe side effects, including autoimmune and fertility disorders. Seven died. Indian government investigations charged that Gates funded researchers committed pervasive ethical violations: pressuring vulnerable village girls into the trial, bullying parents, forging consent forms, and refusing medical care to the injured girls. The case is now in the country’s Supreme Court.
In 2010, the Gates Foundation funded a trial of a GSK’s experimental malaria vaccine, killing 151 African infants and causing serious adverse effects including paralysis, seizure, and febrile convulsions to 1,048 of the 5,049 children.

During Gates 2002 MenAfriVac Campaign in Sub-Saharan Africa, Gates operatives forcibly vaccinated thousands of African children against meningitis. Between 50-500 children developed paralysis. South African newspapers complained, "We are guinea pigs for drug makers"
Nelson Mandela's formar Senior Economist, Professor Patrick Bond, describes Gates' philantropic practises as "ruthless" and immoral".
In 2010, Gates committed $ 10 billion to the WHO promising to reduce population, in part, through new vaccines. A month later Gates told a Ted Talk that new vaccines "could reduce population". In 2014, Kenya's Catholic Doctors Association accused the WHO of chemically sterilizing millions of unwilling Kenyan women with a phony "tetanus" vaccine campaign.
Independent labs found the sterility formula in every vaccine tested.
After denying the charges, WHO finally admitted it had been developing the sterility vaccines for over a decade.
Similar accusations came from Tanzania, Nicaragua, Mexico and the Philippines.
A 2017 study (Morgensen et.Al.2017) showed that WHO's popular DTP is killing more African than the disease it pretends to prevent. Vaccinated girls suffered 10x the death rate of unvaccinated children.
Gates and the WHO refused to recall the lethal vaccine which WHO forces upon millions of African children annually.
Global public health advocates around the world accuse Gates of - hijacking WHO's agenda away from the projects that are proven to curb infectious diseases; clean water, hygiene, nutrition and economic development.
They say he has diverted agency resources to serve his personal fetish - that good health only comes in a syringe.
In addition to using his philantropy to control WHO, UNICEF, GAVI and PATH, Gates funds private pharmaceutical companies that manifacture vaccines, and a massive network of pharmaceutical -industry front groups that broadcast deceptive propaganda, develop fraudulent studies, conduct surveillance and psychological operations against vaccine hesitancy and use Gates' power and money to silence dissent and coerce compliance.
In this recent nonstop Pharmedia appearances, Gates appears gleeful that the Covid-19 crisis will give him the opportunity to force his third-world vaccine programs on American children."

Reactions: MVPFAN
From Robert F Kennedy Jr's Instagram post today:

"Vaccines, for Bill Gates, are a strategic philanthropy that feed his many vaccine-related businesses (including Microsoft’s ambition to control a global vac ID enterprise) and give him dictatorial control over global health policy—the spear tip of corporate neo-imperialism.
Gates’ obsession with vaccines seems fueled by a messianic conviction that he is ordained to save the world with technology and a god-like willingness to experiment with the lives of lesser humans.
Promising to eradicate Polio with $1.2 billion, Gates took control of India ‘s National Advisory Board (NAB) and mandated 50 polio vaccines (up from 5) to every child before age 5. Indian doctors blame the Gates campaign for a devastating vaccine-strain polio epidemic that paralyzed 496,000 children between 2000 and 2017. In 2017, the Indian Government dialed back Gates’ vaccine regimen and evicted Gates and his cronies from the NAB. Polio paralysis rates dropped precipitously. In 2017, the World Health Organization reluctantly admitted that the global polio explosion is predominantly vaccine strain, meaning it is coming from Gates’ Vaccine Program. The most frightening epidemics in Congo, the Philippines, and Afghanistan are all linked to Gates’ vaccines. By 2018, ¾ of global polio cases were from Gates’ vaccines.
In 2014, the Gates Foundation funded tests of experimental HPV vaccines, developed by GSK and Merck, on 23,000 young girls in remote Indian provinces. Approximately 1,200 suffered severe side effects, including autoimmune and fertility disorders. Seven died. Indian government investigations charged that Gates funded researchers committed pervasive ethical violations: pressuring vulnerable village girls into the trial, bullying parents, forging consent forms, and refusing medical care to the injured girls. The case is now in the country’s Supreme Court.
In 2010, the Gates Foundation funded a trial of a GSK’s experimental malaria vaccine, killing 151 African infants and causing serious adverse effects including paralysis, seizure, and febrile convulsions to 1,048 of the 5,049 children.

During Gates 2002 MenAfriVac Campaign in Sub-Saharan Africa, Gates operatives forcibly vaccinated thousands of African children against meningitis. Between 50-500 children developed paralysis. South African newspapers complained, "We are guinea pigs for drug makers"
Nelson Mandela's formar Senior Economist, Professor Patrick Bond, describes Gates' philantropic practises as "ruthless" and immoral".
In 2010, Gates committed $ 10 billion to the WHO promising to reduce population, in part, through new vaccines. A month later Gates told a Ted Talk that new vaccines "could reduce population". In 2014, Kenya's Catholic Doctors Association accused the WHO of chemically sterilizing millions of unwilling Kenyan women with a phony "tetanus" vaccine campaign.
Independent labs found the sterility formula in every vaccine tested.
After denying the charges, WHO finally admitted it had been developing the sterility vaccines for over a decade.
Similar accusations came from Tanzania, Nicaragua, Mexico and the Philippines.
A 2017 study (Morgensen et.Al.2017) showed that WHO's popular DTP is killing more African than the disease it pretends to prevent. Vaccinated girls suffered 10x the death rate of unvaccinated children.
Gates and the WHO refused to recall the lethal vaccine which WHO forces upon millions of African children annually.
Global public health advocates around the world accuse Gates of - hijacking WHO's agenda away from the projects that are proven to curb infectious diseases; clean water, hygiene, nutrition and economic development.
They say he has diverted agency resources to serve his personal fetish - that good health only comes in a syringe.
In addition to using his philantropy to control WHO, UNICEF, GAVI and PATH, Gates funds private pharmaceutical companies that manifacture vaccines, and a massive network of pharmaceutical -industry front groups that broadcast deceptive propaganda, develop fraudulent studies, conduct surveillance and psychological operations against vaccine hesitancy and use Gates' power and money to silence dissent and coerce compliance.
In this recent nonstop Pharmedia appearances, Gates appears gleeful that the Covid-19 crisis will give him the opportunity to force his third-world vaccine programs on American children."

Could you please present some source that is at least somewhat reputable. Robert Kennedy is a total loon. He is an antivaxer who has made totally false claims about vaccines for years. He is in a world of non reality.
As all of his information, this is also made up and bogus. I hope you are just being a troll and really do not believe what you are posting. If you do, I feel sorry for you and recommend your getting some help.

Reactions: el dub
EVMr3FRUYAE-FSE

I read new info as well where they said venting people as first option was in many cases causing more harm than good and it was better to only vent when a person was in really bad shape. Basically the virus breaks apart an iron ion bond in hemoglobin which depletes the ability of blood to become oxygenated, as this progresses it causes strain on the whole body potentially affecting many organs. The iron that is freed up is evidently high in oxidative toxicity and that is where a lot of the lung damage is coming from as it overwhelms the bodies built in ability to deal with this type of toxicity. Pushing oxygen to help with the dropping levels is a big thing and the Hydroxy helps protect the hemoglobin bond from getting damaged. I'm forgetting some details but the Azithrimycin and Zinc used in combo with the Hydroxy helps as well.

Appears the "blood Heme" connection to the virus was not what it appeared to be.

EVMD_yAXkAw8nja

The concept of flattening the curve plays into to head immunity. The same amount of people will still get COVID-19, but they get it over a longer period of time, which, allows the healthcare system to keep up with it. A pure numbers game. For example. if 10% of people who get it need to be hospitalized, and 5% end up being critical, then for every 100 people who get it, 5 are hospitalized and 5 in ICUs. Let say you can keep the numbers of infected at 100,000 consistently. That means you need 5000 beds and 5000 ICU beds. Tough, but doable. Not, if the virus spreads unchecked, and quickly hits 1,000,000, now you need 50,000 beds and 50,000 ICU beds. Then, you run out of ICU beds quickly, and those who could be treated and saved, are not, and die. IF you can control the numbers, then you can save many more, thus creating MORE people immune to the disease, and increasing herd immunity.
Obviously these numbers are used in simplistic fashion to make the math easy, but the algorithm still holds.

The concept of flattening the curve plays into to head immunity. The same amount of people will still get COVID-19, but they get it over a longer period of time, which, allows the healthcare system to keep up with it. A pure numbers game. For example. if 10% of people who get it need to be hospitalized, and 5% end up being critical, then for every 100 people who get it, 5 are hospitalized and 5 in ICUs. Let say you can keep the numbers of infected at 100,000 consistently. That means you need 5000 beds and 5000 ICU beds. Tough, but doable. Not, if the virus spreads unchecked, and quickly hits 1,000,000, now you need 50,000 beds and 50,000 ICU beds. Then, you run out of ICU beds quickly, and those who could be treated and saved, are not, and die. IF you can control the numbers, then you can save many more, thus creating MORE people immune to the disease, and increasing herd immunity.
Obviously these numbers are used in simplistic fashion to make the math easy, but the algorithm still holds.

And a recent study out says the R0 or infection rate for COVID-19 was originally thought to be between 2.2-2.7 and is now thought to be 5.7 from info from China's infection rate.

What this means is that at 2.2-2.7 you need about 55% of the population to become infected to achieve herd immunity.

But at 5.7 you need around 82%-84% to achieve herd immunity. Big difference in number of cases and time involved in reaching necessary herd immunity.

Influenza is estimated at 1.2 rate.

And a recent study out says the R0 or infection rate for COVID-19 was originally thought to be between 2.2-2.7 and is now thought to be 5.7 from info from China's infection rate.

What this means is that at 2.2-2.7 you need about 55% of the population to become infected to achieve herd immunity.

But at 5.7 you need around 82%-84% to achieve herd immunity. Big difference in number of cases and time involved in reaching necessary herd immunity.

Influenza is estimated at 1.2 rate.

I had an interesting exchange with my old Pathophys professor this weekend regarding the R0, and whether it was a reliable tool any longer. She said data is wildly fluctuating, an old assumption of percentage transmission is giving way, and they are now possibly looking at instead using a percentage of penetrance within a population as the "new" calculation. Which, makes somewhat sense. In an incredibly dense area such as New York, the R0 would be significantly higher, vs say Alaska, where the R0 would "appear" lower. She said they are more looking at developing how much of the population gets the disease and then predicting population penetration, rather than transmission, for the communicability of the disease. Which makes mathematical sense. Instead of raw numbers, what % of that area's population has it, which plays then into the herd immunity.

I enjoy talking to rational people here.

I was simply giving a different perspective, it's a number game. How many people will lose their jobs, go broke, commit suicide, commit crimes, go to jail, get into drugs, and just plain get their lives ruined? One life is no more important than another.

This has been an interesting thought all along. Keep schools going, keep healthy people under 50-60 at work, don’t be stupid, wash hands, be safe, and keep the old and immunosuppressed in lock down for a couple months. Covid would pass through, hospitals would very likely not get overwhelmed, and herd immunity would be reached pretty quickly and financially we would still be healthy.

Unfortunately in this plan, a small percentage of the young and healthy would get sick and some would die and the optics would be terrible (at least in the short term). Although this may be the optimal “smart” way to do it in the long term (if there are no good treatments or vaccines very soon), it would never pass the PC test. Anybody condoning this plan would be criticized and the deaths of the young and healthy sensationalized. They would be ruined for life.
Agree but that is part of the problem. There will be loss regardless but we are potentially killing people by doing it this way as well. Look I am not 100% on either side of this but I will view all options.

Understood but isn't allowing this to go on for who knows how long potentially just as devastating?

This assumes that there is no very successful treatment or vaccine in a short amount of time. If they find a magical drug to treat this soon, minimizing early infections is extremely effective and there will be overall less deaths.

If you lock down the old and infirm, you can get 25 times more young healthy people infected vs. older people infected without overwhelming the health care system (assuming many fewer hospitalizations and a 0.2% death rate for young and healthy vs 5% for old/immunocompromised). That would get us to herd immunity a heck of a lot faster (although some young healthy people would die which isn’t good PR).

I was simply giving a different perspective, it's a number game. How many people will lose their jobs, go broke, commit suicide, commit crimes, go to jail, get into drugs, and just plain get their lives ruined? One life is no more important than another.

Why don’t you tell us...

These are real deaths happening now. Your concerns are contrived.

Btw, how strong is an economy where almost half of the people are living from check to check? This disaster shows us exactly where our economy is.

Reactions: Fluffles
Just saw yesterday that Australia is beginning a 4200 person double blind study among medical workers with an already existing typhoid vaccine that they are hoping will create an immune response and then they can scale up to use with medical workers around the world to give them some immunity from the virus ahead of time.

Why don’t you tell us...

Btw, how strong is an economy where almost half of the people are living from check to check? This disaster shows us exactly where our economy is.
I don't know the number and nobody ever will but don't think it is not something people shouldn't think about. Of course there are real deaths happening now, do you also think people losing jobs won't result in deaths as well? Tell a mans family that commits suicide that my concerns are contrived. People living check to check is also an indicator that you are hurting and possibly killing thousands just by shutting them down instead of the virus getting them, but they are not important right? And dont get me started on the politicking and media in this sh!tshow. At one point there was a graph showing the amount of cases confirmed outside of China and of course the US was at the top. Same numbers expressed as a percentage of total population and the US very close to the bottom. You do you though.

I am out on this subject. I said I was earlier and came back but this time I am gone. I generally don't get in conversations like this because it is pointless. I would rather just know all of you as Hawk fans and keep it wrestling related. Maybe Herky tears are the cure with what seems to be going on lately?

Reactions: Spaceman Spifff
Why don’t you tell us...

Let the May Day parade begin.

First Cesspool patient is a Mod.............On Oxygen as seen here.
images

Oh wait..........that's just from normal work here in the Cesspool. Never mind.

An emoji for every occasion, my friend! LOL! Been working my ass off since the COVID-19 pandemic made it's way to our shores, but finally getting a little time to catch up with Iowa wrestling. Hate that we weren't able to hold the NCAA cancellations off for one more week. What an amazing team we had this year!!

Could you please present some source that is at least somewhat reputable. Robert Kennedy is a total loon. He is an antivaxer who has made totally false claims about vaccines for years. He is in a world of non reality.
As all of his information, this is also made up and bogus. I hope you are just being a troll and really do not believe what you are posting. If you do, I feel sorry for you and recommend your getting some help.
Everything he referenced is facts not opinions. Do your research.

Love it when someone gives a take corroborated by mounds of evidence, things that can be researched, but people dismiss it without a single shred of anything to dispute it. Not a SINGLE thing.

Last edited:

Love it when someone gives a take corroborated by mounds of evidence, things that can be researched, but people dismiss it without a single shred of anything to dispute it. Not a SINGLE thing.

"Many" :) of us are pretty much overwhelmed with reading and researching and trying to get honest, accurate information. Credible sources preferred. Information overload.

No one here is going to change anyone else's point of view. Not gonna happen.

Just trying to prevent false info from being distributed so no one takes less precautions than they should to be safe.

Believe what you want, just stay safe.

Reactions: Twoooooooo

He gives not any “facts” based on any reputable medical literature. His info is based on taking things out of context or just making it up. I have researched it and I read all the original statements which kenedy have misused. His info on Gates is based on NO facts. It is all his opinions. Which are nonsense. His own family has basically disowned him.

He gives not any “facts” based on any reputable medical literature. His info is based on taking things out of context or just making it up. I have researched it and I read all the original statements which kenedy have misused. His info on Gates is based on NO facts. It is all his opinions. Which are nonsense. His own family has basically disowned him.
That’s just not true. You can look everything up, which I have.

Tell me SPECIFICALLY ALL THE DETAILS you know are not accurate or true. Tell me what’s being misinformed exactly, and tell me who is providing the counter evidence.

I’ll wait.

You speak as if YOU have any credibility... which you don’t.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT