ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa vs Tennessee Game Thread*****

Are we sure we want Harris back?
Is he coming back?!? If so,

noo-no-father.gif

Did Kirk really honestly tell the sideline reporter that Deacon isn’t the problem!! LMFAO
Laughable comment but one thing Ferentz will never do is throw an already controversial player under the bus. Ferentz will always take the heat in place of the player if he can and that is one of the things I like about him. I wouldn't pretend that these words are actually what he thinks. There's no excuse for not doing anything about it though.

At this point, Kirk can't put in another qb under the off chance that the QB comes in and actually produces. Because the conversation won't be about how Iowa made a great comeback with a freshmen QB, it will be "What the f**k took you so long to make the change and why did you wait until the 2nd half of a meaningless bowl game to do it?" A back up coming in and producing is a worst case scenario for the Ferentz's right now. It will actually be better for them to just lose.

I agree, but that doesn't explain why he's also been unable to make a change after Spring football or entertain a mobile QB and designed runs for QB. He's already decided McNamara and Deacon are the guys for next year.

I agree, but that doesn't explain why he's also been unable to make a change after Spring football or entertain a mobile QB and designed runs for QB. He's already decided McNamara and Deacon are the guys for next year.
Kirk is in it for the long con.

An outsider here, but good God. Iowa has played 3 decent teams this year PSU, UM and today and has yet to score a point. This is mind boggling and a result of playing in the soft West

I don't think that's necessarily true. Part of it, for sure. But we didn't move the ball on Big Ten West teams either.

We have zero offensive line.
Negative qb.
No offensive coordinator to make real adjustments.

Case and point. We just ran on 3rd and 8.

This offense has preschoolers with the slightest bit of sports acumen rolling in uncontrollable laughter at how bad it is.

Reactions: like-woahh
At this point, Kirk can't put in another qb under the off chance that the QB comes in and actually produces. Because the conversation won't be about how Iowa made a great comeback with a freshmen QB, it will be "What the f**k took you so long to make the change and why did you wait until the 2nd half of a meaningless bowl game to do it?" A back up coming in and producing is a worst case scenario for the Ferentz's right now. It will actually be better for them to just lose.
My thought exactly. He does not want to prove himself wrong. But still, give the backups some experience. Renewal of season tickets by tolerant fans actually might depend upon it.

How can you be at a major D1 football school and be THAT out of shape.

The classic 3rd down give up play, so we can punt. Eff this sh*t

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT