ADVERTISEMENT

Sure missing Jordon

Drmac22

HR All-American
Nov 21, 2001
Swisher
If we had Jbo, this team could win it all. as it is they are really good, but you add that other three point ball handler then they cannot sag on Garza and we would Roll. Right now we are one piece away from real greatness! Next year if all come back and the addition of the solid freshman we could really make a run. Fran needs to figure out this years line up though.. to many minutes with only one or none scoring options on the floor.

In terms of Bohannon’s value as a guy who knocks down clutch shots and makes free throws down the stretch, others have risen to the occasion and helped fill those roles.

Where the Hawks could really use him is scoring depth, so we could avoid the bench lineups that have no scoring capability. It’s frustrating having Evelyn, Connor, Fredrick, Pemsl, and Kriener out there at the same time, just hoping that they can either hold the lead or not go down big

But if that’s one of my biggest frustrations, then the Hawks must be having a pretty good year haha

Disagree. The development of CJF and Joe T are greatly hindered if JBO were still on this team. Having JBO fully healthy next year make’s Iowa a legit Final Four contender, assuming Nunge returns to form and fills Kriener’s spot.

Today proved the bench struggles to score. The only way a team beats Iowa is to get starters in foul trouble.

Reactions: hawkeye_1997
JBo going to make it easier to pass into Garza because you can't drop off Jbo and give him an open 3pt shot. The team will be really good next year if JBo is healthy and Nunge can carve out a role like Kriener has this year.

In terms of Bohannon’s value as a guy who knocks down clutch shots and makes free throws down the stretch, others have risen to the occasion and helped fill those roles.

Where the Hawks could really use him is scoring depth, so we could avoid the bench lineups that have no scoring capability. It’s frustrating having Evelyn, Connor, Fredrick, Pemsl, and Kriener out there at the same time, just hoping that they can either hold the lead or not go down big

But if that’s one of my biggest frustrations, then the Hawks must be having a pretty good year haha

Even worse is Evelyn, Connor, Pemsl, Kriener, and Till. Which Fran actually used today.

But hey, we won the game. Onto the next one.

JBO has been a great Hawk and has hit some incredibly B1G time shots in the most clutch of moments. Money player also down the stretch. What’s interesting is how he will see himself fitting into a role next year. He’s used to having the ball in his hands but is that what is needed next year if everyone is back? Hard to say now.

Basically you are looking at this same team next year with JBo replacing Evelyn... and probably a committee of players taking Krieners minutes. God I hope everybody comes back.
And add in Nunge a year removed from injury, and hopefully a healthy and stronger Patrick, and several other new players who appear to be getting more B10 ready by the day and the team should be very strong.

JBO has been a great Hawk and has hit some incredibly B1G time shots in the most clutch of moments. Money player also down the stretch. What’s interesting is how he will see himself fitting into a role next year. He’s used to having the ball in his hands but is that what is needed next year if everyone is back? Hard to say now.

This team has become pretty good defensively I'm leery of how big of a step back that will take next year.

This team has become pretty good defensively I'm leery of how big of a step back that will take next year.

Nunge is going to be the key to maintaining the same defensive intensity. Garza will be a great mentor on the defensive end for the young guys also. He has busted his rear end at the end of the floor and he has it figured out now.

Reactions: Eternal Return

Agree, we’ve improved defensively with the 4 guards. D is not JBO’s strength but he’s a plus player and a killer on the other end. Will be interesting as there are times adding him on the perimeter with CJ & Joe W while teams are playing junk D’s on Garza could be nuts for our shooters.

We are one more really good 3 point shooter away from being big time. Today Connor delivered, sometimes it’s Kreiner and once in awhile Evelyn but none of those three are consistent. If you can’t double Garza we will kill you.

Last edited:
I like JBo's shot and handles, but it needs to be stated that he is an atrocious zone defender due to his height and foot speed. When Michigan hung 103 points on us, Bohannon played 30 minutes in that game. Malachi Flynn scored 28 points on him in the second half of the SDSU game. Our only home loss was by 15 points and he also played in that one. We've lost games with him out, but they've been much closer.

So far, I really like the idea of our point guard being a defensive facilitator. Wieskamp and Fredrick (and even Garza) are also getting more 3 point shots in his absence.

I like JBo's shot and handles, but it needs to be stated that he is an atrocious zone defender due to his height and foot speed. When Michigan hung 103 points on us, Bohannon played 30 minutes in that game. Malachi Flynn scored 28 points on him in the second half of the SDSU game. Our only home loss was by 15 points and he also played in that one. We've lost games with him out, but they've been much closer.

So far, I really like the idea of our point guard being a defensive facilitator. Wieskamp and Fredrick (and even Garza) are also getting more 3 point shots in his absence.
Jordon, was also coming off hip surgery and had a second bad hip. So that could have played in. You cannot deny he is a clutch player and having the same guys have to guard him that are now sagging to double team Garza would help our offense. I think the only persons development it would have hindered would have been JT. CJ is a baller and was ready to roll this year. It would probley help him having Jordon out there cause it opens things up for him. We will see next year. I agree, Nunge is the key but I think at the very least he brings as much as RK.

Agree with this. JBo is awesome but basketball is played on both sides of the court. Maybe a 100% healthy JBo can be an average defensive player, but I have my doubts. I'd love to see JBo get 12-15 minutes a game being instant offense off the bench spelling Fredrick and Joe W, and maybe in the last 2 minutes to close out games next season.

If we had Jbo, this team could win it all. as it is they are really good, but you add that other three point ball handler then they cannot sag on Garza and we would Roll. Right now we are one piece away from real greatness! Next year if all come back and the addition of the solid freshman we could really make a run. Fran needs to figure out this years line up though.. to many minutes with only one or none scoring options on the floor.
I still don’t think winning it all would be a realistic possibility. However, I wouldn’t laugh if you said the elite 8 is realistic and that that Sweet 16 is probably a legit 50/50 proposition. This team is tough as hell AND can score.
But I agree with the color commentator about Touissaint when you have a “King Kong” like that guy defending Garza...Too bad Evelyn can’t really shoot either.

And you can only go with Kriener at the 4 so long before he falls over or dribbles the ball off his foot...

The way Bohannon will impact the game most will be stretching the floor. Put CJ and Joe in the corners with Jordan at the top. That makes it very difficult to crash down on Garza with all of those shooters out there. Spread them out and let Garza go to work. If they crash kick it out to the 3 excellent 3 point shooters.

Reactions: Hawkeyegrad2006
He'll find his role next year and embrace it. I think he'd much rather be out there this year. Everyone seems to feel it's a foregone conclusion that Luka is back next year, and I'm really just not so sure. Even if he's not a prototypical NBA guy, I'm just not sure what else he could possibly prove in college basketball right now.

Nunge is going to be the key to maintaining the same defensive intensity. Garza will be a great mentor on the defensive end for the young guys also. He has busted his rear end at the end of the floor and he has it figured out now.
If Nunge can give us the same productivity as Kriener does, then there should be no drop-off. Kriener hasn't had great games the last couple of games but he has shown he can get it done. Nunge will hopefully come back aggressive and be a good rebounder & defender.

I have thought about this a great deal. JBo will have an intriguing decision to make. We are much improved defensively due to the guard play of JT, CMac, and CJ. I love JBo, but he be willing to come off the bench next year with reduced minutes? He could be a stone cold killer off the bench, but is that a role he is willing to play?

Jordon, was also coming off hip surgery and had a second bad hip. So that could have played in. You cannot deny he is a clutch player and having the same guys have to guard him that are now sagging to double team Garza would help our offense. I think the only persons development it would have hindered would have been JT. CJ is a baller and was ready to roll this year. It would probley help him having Jordon out there cause it opens things up for him. We will see next year. I agree, Nunge is the key but I think at the very least he brings as much as RK.

I feel like that's best case scenario.

Nunge has never looked anywhere near as good as Kriener IMO.

JBO will benefit in a huge way from having Joe T., CJF and Joe W. on the floor. He will not have to work near as hard to get good looks.

JBO will benefit in a huge way from having Joe T., CJF and Joe W. on the floor. He will not have to work near as hard to get good looks.
And it allows us to keep at least 2-3 scorers on the floor at all times. As it is now we run thin of scorers at times so that guys can stay fresh.

Jordon has not been healthy for the last two years, and still played very well maybe not the best defender but he brings as much or more then Evelyn does, and hes 3 times the shooter. With a Healthy Jbo, i think this team is one of the best around. solid 3pt shooters around the outside. JT dishing and driving, Garza pounding the interior, I think if Nunge shoots the 3 like i hear he can, and his length, it will be tough to beat us.

Lets slow down there turbo. Maybe a strong candidate for the Sweet 16 and we'll see where the chips fall.

I have thought about this a great deal. JBo will have an intriguing decision to make. We are much improved defensively due to the guard play of JT, CMac, and CJ. I love JBo, but he be willing to come off the bench next year with reduced minutes? He could be a stone cold killer off the bench, but is that a role he is willing to play?

I've had similar thoughts, at first I thought it was a no-brainer that he would be back but now with CJ's play and Touissant holding his own for the most part plus the progress of Ulis and Perkins this season, there's at least some doubt about if he would want a somewhat reduced role.

I still expect him back, but if he does think about transferring, UNI is a tempting situation, they are going to be a borderline top 25 preseason team next year with Green, Phyfe and Berhow coming back. Bohannon could step into Halderman's starting spot and play big minutes there.

Are we assuming Garza returns for his senior year? While I would love to see it, I don’t think we can count on it. I think its far more likely that Garza goes pro than Bohannon transfers. And there’s a reasonable chance they are both playing elsewhere next season.

I've had similar thoughts, at first I thought it was a no-brainer that he would be back but now with CJ's play and Touissant holding his own for the most part plus the progress of Ulis and Perkins this season, there's at least some doubt about if he would want a somewhat reduced role.

I still expect him back, but if he does think about transferring, UNI is a tempting situation, they are going to be a borderline top 25 preseason team next year with Green, Phyfe and Berhow coming back. Bohannon could step into Halderman's starting spot and play big minutes there.

This is the worst post I have ever seen. 1. Odds are Bohannon isn't going anywhere 2. If he was it sure as hell wouldn't be to UNI.....if he were to enter the transfer portal, teams across the country would be lining up to get him.

This is the worst post I have ever seen. 1. Odds are Bohannon isn't going anywhere 2. If he was it sure as hell wouldn't be to UNI.....if he were to enter the transfer portal, teams across the country would be lining up to get him.

Ok, and he would be looking for something like a top 25 team offering a starting spot perhaps?

Reactions: RocknRollface

It’s kind of funny, but in December, we had a few posters ran off this board for saying jbo is a likely transfer candidate. I’m not saying he will, and I sure as heck hope he doesn’t, but this reduced role question you pose is very legit.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Ok, and he would be looking for something like a top 25 team offering a starting spot perhaps?

I cant say what he would be looking for, but look to last year. Isaiah Moss transferred to Kansas for goodness sake...JBo would be a far more sought after addition than Moss.

Win the B10 tourney?

Let's not get crazy here.

JBo is a great shooting guard, but not an elite overall player. He adds shooting depth, but that's it. Defensively he would actually make the team drop off a little if they take another player out.

Reactions: RocknRollface
I cant say what he would be looking for, but look to last year. Isaiah Moss transferred to Kansas for goodness sake...JBo would be a far more sought after addition than Moss.

Moss and Bohannon have very different personalities. Moss had a 30 min a night role here with a chance to be the man (or at least a co-star w/Garza and Weiskamp) waiting for him. He turned that down to be a role player.

If, and again I don't think this is likely, Bohannon were to leave, it would be for the opposite reason, that he wasn't getting as large of role as he wanted. He's a very good player, I really hope we have him back, but he's not going to walk into an automatic starting spot on every top 25 team, he was a very limited defender before having double hip surgery.

In no way do I think Bohannon needs to drop down a level to play, but UNI is going to have a very strong team next year, probably the best Jacobson has ever had and has a starting spot open next to AJ in the backcourt. So if for some reason he did want a guarantee of playing 30+ mins a night, there just happens to be a team that will most likely be a preseason top 25 team, that his family is familiar with, close by with a starting spot open at his position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT