ADVERTISEMENT

**** The Official Clemson @ FSU Thread ****

From what I gather from the few times I've watched FSU and from what you Noles say Norvell halftime adjustments are either non existent or don't work.

What I'm watching seems to bear that out

Reactions: West Duval Nole
From what I gather from the few times I've watched FSU and from what you Noles say Norvell halftime adjustments are either non existent or don't work.

What I'm watching seems to bear that out

The difference is Clemson got two big plays for TDs and a turnover leading to another TD.

So, we went for it on 4th down twice in (what should be easy) FG territory.

Had we kicked those FGs (I know... not guaranteed) it would be a one score game now.

Had FSU kicker not missed 5 kicks on the season so far, the staff might have more faith in him. But now knowing they didn't make it on 4th, it's easy to say they should have TRIED a kick. He may be getting worse in practice...

NOT saying I believe, BUT, I have some hope.....

Gotta onside right? Everyone on the field knows this.....

Where has this offense been all half!?

Had FSU kicker not missed 5 kicks on the season so far, the staff might have more faith in him. But now knowing they didn't make it on 4th, it's easy to say they should have TRIED a kick. He may be getting worse in practice...

We'll have a kicker when we sign one in the transfer portal this offseason. Until then, we don't have a kicker. It's sad but this kid is mentally toast.

Reactions: funksouljon
It’s been a weird season. The team plays hard and is pretty talented. They don’t give up. A handful of plays have us losing to LSU and Louisville or winning those games easy. Same with the last 3 games. A handful of plays win us at least 1 or maybe get us blown out in all 3. It seems like the mental lapses come at the worst times. The lack of kicking game was always going to cost us 2-3 games and we may have not seen the worst of it yet with UM and UF left.

It’s been a weird season. The team plays hard and is pretty talented. They don’t give up. A handful of plays have us losing to LSU and Louisville or winning those games easy. Same with the last 3 games. A handful of plays win us at least 1 or maybe get us blown out in all 3. It seems like the mental lapses come at the worst times. The lack of kicking game was always going to cost us 2-3 games and we may have not seen the worst of it yet with UM and UF left.

You lose big. The you start to lose small. Then you start to win small. Then, win big? Def improvement from Taggert's teams and Norvell's first, but argh!

Reactions: BelemNole
We now resemble a football team, but hard to say Norvell is the answer. I know the kicking game hamstrings us, but have never been impressed by the play calling or adjustments.
Hopefully, he can improve the roster for whoever the next guy is. Or he improves. As he is still relatively young as a coach and may not be as hard headed as Jimbo.

So far, I like his energy and culture change. His in game decisions at critical moments and some personnel selections have not been good. And recruiting has been average per our standards. Transfer portal acquisitions have been outstanding.

Let's see how he closes the year out. Would like to see the rest of the games won with at most 1 more loss. Preferably not to Miami or gaters.

Hopefully, he can improve the roster for whoever the next guy is. Or he improves. As he is still relatively young as a coach and may not be as hard headed as Jimbo.
So far, I like his energy and culture change. His in game decisions at critical moments and some personnel selections have not been good. And recruiting has been average per our standards. Transfer portal acquisitions have been outstanding.

Let's see how he closes the year out. Would like to see the rest of the games won with at most 1 more loss. Preferably not to Miami or gaters.
Yep. I would be happy with an 8-4 finish with wins over Miami and Florida and a decent bowl game. Syracuse looks like the most likely loss on our remaining schedule.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
I actually don't have a problem with many of the going for it on 4th downs. But some of the play calls on 4th down and within the series of downs if he knows he is going for it on 4th down have not been very good. Especially when you have a QB as mobile as Jordan.

Reactions: funksouljon
And when exactly did they become good? Didn't see that coming....
That was the most surprising thing to me. Although their schedule is about to ramp up. They did paste Louisville which I actually thought would be better and they beat NC state thanks to us knocking out their QB for the season with a legal hit that the officials made a terrible call on. I still don't like playing up there, as we haven't played well there recently.

I’ve watched more football this year than I have in years (didn’t see any of the Clemson game), and one thing I’ve noticed is some teams seem to sacrifice downs in order to set up big plays on later downs. Problem is that means you end up 3rd and long and if the big play doesn’t pan out you’re punting.

I could be completely off and I’m sure the stats don’t support it but seem like a lot of wasted plays on first and second down.

Well...at least we're not getting steamrolled at home by LSU.

Florida only has one imminently winnable game left on their schedule (Vandy). They could conceivably go 5-7.
Their QB can run.
For whatever reason we seem to put the Superman cape on QBs that can run.

We have the horses to beat UM and UF, so I hope Norvell can take care of business.

1st and goal from the two and couldn’t get it done. That hurts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT