ADVERTISEMENT

Why put up with PSU posters here

bb is a good dude. Great Hawk fan. So is el dub, for that matter.

You guys have a lot more in common than not. Truce?;)

Reactions: el dub
Your point being??? Don't have any thoughts or opinions of your own and allow yourself and to be hearded by the others? Just forget the entire thing. Don't have a ball to take home so not really a problem. It's enough that some of the people on this site know me and know that the comments here are unfounded.

The comment on your thin skin appears to be true in most posts you've made in this thread. I don't know who you are, or really care. And we probably dislike some of the same PSU posters. But this isn't a private forum. When posters bother me, I put them on ignore.

Good question...No more threads no more posts.

13 mins later...

Mr Spooner, You do not know anything about me so do not assume you know who I am or what I would do. In fact instead of going home I would just make sure I beat you. I certainly would never side with an opponent over my own.

You sir, are a LIAR!

Your point being??? Don't have any thoughts or opinions of your own and allow yourself and to be hearded by the others? Just forget the entire thing. Don't have a ball to take home so not really a problem. It's enough that some of the people on this site know me and know that the comments here are unfounded.

FEaw3Wd.gif

"Your uncle molests collies."

Good question. I made a comment about why so many ps supporters post on a Hawkeye thread instead of on their own. Which evidentally was not taken well by their friends here. My mistake it would seem...but since it also seems that in doing so I am the one who was takento task and put on ignore. Maybe I know, or think I know too much and therefore, am not as tolerent of their defensive and combative posts. Again my mistake! No more threads no more posts.
I don't think everyone on the Iowa board are "Friends" with all the PSU posters, but we are friends to "Some" of them. It is no different than fans of other sites.. Some come in peace and speak logically and some are Douche Bags... We have plenty of both in the Iowa forums as well wouldn't you agree? Do you want to know why so many fans from other schools come to the Iowa board? It's not rocket science... This board is one of the Best (if not the best) wrestling board on the Internet. We have folks who post here who have their own college wrestling websites..... we have the most educated fans and the most loyal supporters I have ever seen and often times you can read breaking news on this Message Board before you see it anywhere else... You can't blame others for coming here.... Yes there are guys who should be blocked, ignored, or banned but not all of them. Those who post in peace are most welcome no matter what fan base they are.... Don't beat yourself up, but don't make the Many pay for the mistakes of the few...

Back in the days before Cael went to PSU, and even for a few years after, you guys used to have a similar relationship with one of jammenz' teams, didn't you? I always thought that Hawk fans and Goofs despised each other. Is that relationship just taking a back burner until they get relevant again? Or, was I reading too much into the Hawk/Goof relationship?

It all started with this stretch:
1-18-98 MN 18-17
1-16-99 MN 21-14
1-30-99 MN 19-17
1-20-01 MN 20-17
2-18-01 MN 17-16
2-01-02 MN 22-15
2-15-04 MN 18-15
1-22-06 MN 25-9

Squawkers should take solace that it wasn't a multi-decade winless streak like the B&W 'ers suffered through.

1-18-98 MN 18-17
1-16-99 MN 21-14
1-30-99 MN 19-17
1-20-01 MN 20-17
2-18-01 MN 17-16
2-01-02 MN 22-15
2-15-04 MN 18-15
1-22-06 MN 25-9

Squawkers should take solace that it wasn't a multi-decade winless streak like the B&W 'ers suffered through.

No wonder you pray for a Zakesky triumphant return.

Reactions: lionlover
Back in the days before Cael went to PSU, and even for a few years after, you guys used to have a similar relationship with one of jammenz' teams, didn't you? I always thought that Hawk fans and Goofs despised each other. Is that relationship just taking a back burner until they get relevant again? Or, was I reading too much into the Hawk/Goof relationship?

There is a bit of rivalry between the two states in general, imo. So when the Goofs manage to put together respectable teams on the mat, it seems to fan the flames a bit from up nort'.

Reactions: Chuck C
Because it's interesting to get their point of view... unless certain people want to turn this board into one of the all too many "think the same way I think or you're banned" type of sports talk boards going on... been on those before... they suck

Reactions: lionlover
Because it's interesting to get their point of view... unless certain people want to turn this board into one of the all too many "think the same way I think or you're banned" type of sports talk boards going on... been on those before... they suck
Yeah, but there's a difference between conversing with a fan from another team and a straight up troll. This board was inundated with PSU trolls for a while. We don't want this place to become TheMat.com 2.0.

Reactions: championhawk
well, that brings up the age old question... "what's a troll?". Too many think a troll is someone with a differing opinion from theirs. I can name a few on this board convinced that I'm a troll because I don't kiss their asses. I was banned from a Dallas Cowboys board because I think Jason Garrett is overrated and the mod thinks he's the greatest coach ever. I've been warned on an Arkansas Razorbacks baseball board because I don't kiss the mods ass their either.

If the PSU fans come on to start trouble then the other posters need to roll their eyes and just let it go... most the PSU fan posts I see are good points from knowledgable fans

1-18-98 MN 18-17
1-16-99 MN 21-14
1-30-99 MN 19-17
1-20-01 MN 20-17
2-18-01 MN 17-16
2-01-02 MN 22-15
2-15-04 MN 18-15
1-22-06 MN 25-9

That was the toughest to swallow. Wes Hand couldn't get pinned at hvy, and we win the dual in the finals of the national duals.

well, that brings up the age old question... "what's a troll?". Too many think a troll is someone with a differing opinion from theirs. I can name a few on this board convinced that I'm a troll because I don't kiss their asses. I was banned from a Dallas Cowboys board because I think Jason Garrett is overrated and the mod thinks he's the greatest coach ever. I've been warned on an Arkansas Razorbacks baseball board because I don't kiss the mods ass their either.

If the PSU fans come on to start trouble then the other posters need to roll their eyes and just let it go... most the PSU fan posts I see are good points from knowledgable fans

I think you are spending too much time watching Cowboys football, Arkansas baseball, Stanford golf, Kentucky basketball, and chinese ping pong to understand what a contributing post is ;). They contribute next to nothing on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeye Till I Die
1-18-98 MN 18-17
1-16-99 MN 21-14
1-30-99 MN 19-17
1-20-01 MN 20-17
2-18-01 MN 17-16
2-01-02 MN 22-15
2-15-04 MN 18-15
1-22-06 MN 25-9

Ahh yes... the good old days... before Tom Brands arrived in 2007.

What's the count since then?

Reactions: Hawkeye Till I Die
I pity them for supporting administrations that turn a blind eye on pedophilia and portraying themselves as the victim. No number of wins or championships in any sport will erase the loathing the rest of the world has when hearing or thinking about that institution.
Wee-wee head alert.
Got nothing of substance or intelligence to offer, go with stupid. Congrats, you got it done.

You don't need to highlight those posts by responding Nitlion. The posters and viewers here already know they have nothing substantive to offer when they go there, so why state the obvious? 83% of this board doesn't condone that type of drivel.

Last edited:
You don't need to highlight those posts by responding Nitlion. The posters and viewers here already know they have nothing substantive to offer when they go there, so why state the obvious? 83% of this board doesn't condone that type that drivel.

In contrast to the 83% of the PSU supporters who think the school needlessly has paid out millions and people have gone to prison unnecessarily because nothing really happened and Joepa did all he needed to do and it's just a money grab by the 'alleged' victims. I am not a fan of bringing it up all the time but the 'eh, no big deal, the just can't handle losing to us' response almost guarantees that it will continue to be used.

My nephew plays for the Razorbacks. Let me know if they give you a hard time again- I may have some pull;)

You don't need to highlight those posts by responding Nitlion. The posters and viewers here already know they have nothing substantive to offer when they go there, so why state the obvious? 83% of this board doesn't condone that type of drivel.
You seem like a good guy from your posting history. I suspect if you actually read what I wrote vs what you think I wrote, your opinion on me may change.

PSU supporters go into defensive/deflection mode as soon as Sandusky or his enabled serial pedophilia on PSU grounds is mentioned, without actually listening to the topic or the message. It's unfortunate and part of the reason why the rest of the civilized US pity the devotion to that institution. It doesn't help when the administration continues fighting lawsuits, uses the terminology "alleged victims", defended the previous administration or the knowledge timing, doesn't actively discourage a fanbase that still smears McQueary, complains about loss of revenue due to sanctions, etc. And yet, unyielding support to PSU.

Suppose it all boils down to a different base of ethics/societal norms.

It's a message board ... If the need arises, there is the "ignore" option ...

I guess I don't exhaust too much mental energy toward posts/posters on a message board ...

You seem like a good guy from your posting history. I suspect if you actually read what I wrote vs what you think I wrote, your opinion on me may change.

PSU supporters go into defensive/deflection mode as soon as Sandusky or his enabled serial pedophilia on PSU grounds is mentioned, without actually listening to the topic or the message. It's unfortunate and part of the reason why the rest of the civilized US pity the devotion to that institution. It doesn't help when the administration continues fighting lawsuits, uses the terminology "alleged victims", defended the previous administration or the knowledge timing, doesn't actively discourage a fanbase that still smears McQueary, complains about loss of revenue due to sanctions, etc. And yet, unyielding support to PSU.

Suppose it all boils down to a different base of ethics/societal norms.

Usually, it is used on here ad nauseum to mess with some PSU fans for no other reason than to counter their douchiness. It is used in lieu of the "we beat your ass, now go on home to your board" type of posts...because we can't use that one. It has nothing to do with PSU wrestlers or Cael Sanderson. If your point is that fan bases are protective of their school and/or team, than all of us would be guilty. "There but for the grace of God, go I."

Why do other fans post here? In general , I think most of us are wrestling fans first. I personally enjoy most of the wrestling talk, many knowledgeable posters here. I'm a club coach and travel alot to youth and HS tournaments. I end up getting to know alot of kids , they go to various schools for various reasons. I try to follow thier progress and frequent many forums. As most of you know , there are not many online communities like the Hawks and PSU. Anyway , don't think either board would be the same without outside posts. Brings perspective and fun ribbing. Though both fan based have thier share of clowns. I kinda ignore the BS and focus on the good poster , there are many more good posters than bad ones , just seems the bad ones get all the attention

Usually, it is used on here ad nauseum to mess with some PSU fans for no other reason than to counter their douchiness. It is used in lieu of the "we beat your ass, now go on home to your board" type of posts...because we can't use that one. It has nothing to do with PSU wrestlers or Cael Sanderson. If your point is that fan bases are protective of their school and/or team, than all of us would be guilty. "There but for the grace of God, go I."

Honestly, Sandusky could have happened anywhere. It's the JoPa apologists that shame PSU.

Why do other fans post here? In general , I think most of us are wrestling fans first. I personally enjoy most of the wrestling talk, many knowledgeable posters here. I'm a club coach and travel alot to youth and HS tournaments. I end up getting to know alot of kids , they go to various schools for various reasons. I try to follow thier progress and frequent many forums. As most of you know , there are not many online communities like the Hawks and PSU. Anyway , don't think either board would be the same without outside posts. Brings perspective and fun ribbing. Though both fan based have thier share of clowns. I kinda ignore the BS and focus on the good poster , there are many more good posters than bad ones , just seems the bad ones get all the attention

That, and one of the premises of the Rivals format is that users can post at multiple team sites under a single account. The host encourages dialogue between "rival" fan bases. Like it or not, the site is not intended for isolationism.

I happen to enjoy a little back-and-forth and some healthy ribbing. And I like to see multiple perspectives, too. Easy for me to say, though, as I try not to take outcomes of sporting events too seriously, and "my team" happens to be on top currently.

However, I do believe that incessant and/or inappropriate trolling should not be tolerated. All boards struggle with that issue at one time or another -- probably the higher-profile boards more than others.

Just a newbies opinion... but from what I've read, most PSU posters are somewhat cordial in their initial posts... then the thread turns into "stfu... go to your own board... Sandusky supporter" and things spiral from there. I rarely see another schools poster start down the trail of ugly.
I also stop to wonder if some of these threads aren't started by other fan bases posing as one of us? And we take the bait. Every. Single. Time.

Reactions: PSUer1989
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT