ADVERTISEMENT

******Iowa vs Illinois Game Thread******

The final play was kinda cool to watch. At least we have 2 weeks to clean a few hinges up and get ready to beat Ohio State. 😁😁😁😉😉

Reactions: GOHOX69
Nice, we even managed to lose yards on that last possession. Win the TO battle 3-1. Yet our offense scores just 3 points! The defense got us the other 3. They almost got us 7 more. That was inches away from being enough. Unreal how bad this offense is. BUT! We have so many highly ranked recruits and coaching continuity. Yet are still the worst offense in the country!!! We changed nothing from last year. Clearly we weren't going to do anything but suck at offense yet again. That is why we had two receivers leave for a rival school. Unreal insanity from our offensive staff!

Reactions: BDJHawk
If Labas doesnt start at OSU to get Him experience for next Year and there are not Staff terminations done during this bye Week time then I am done for this Year except making cash on the unders and whatever points OSU is laying . This is gross negligent level personel choices and coaching . Some of those Kids also need Rides not granted next Year. Bring in a Class of 30 and improve.

Reactions: amahawk
I just don't have any words, we aren't good...........offensively

Anyone see Brian laughing on the sidelines, "Dude I make $900k doing this, I'm good"

Reactions: CarterHall

If Labas doesnt start at OSU to get Him experience for next Year and there are not Staff terminations done during this bye Week time then I am done for this Year except making cash on the unders and whatever points OSU is laying . This is gross negligent level personel choices and coaching . Some of those Kids also need Rides not granted next Year. Bring in a Class of 30 and improve.
JL wont see the field (barring injury of the other 2), he's not getting the "complicated" offense.

old-yeller.gif

You serious Clark? You know who runs this show? None of what you said will happen…

You guys are insane. They had perfect views of him being down
Only if you aren’t paying attention. The ball was clearly coming loose when his elbow hit. At the very least, there wasn’t indisputable video evidence to overturn the call on the field.

I realize the “expert” ref and the TV crew thought he was down, but they obviously missed the fact that the ball was coming loose when the elbow hit.

It’s a fumble the moment the ball carrier loses control. That’s the moment when the ball begins to come loose. The ball doesn’t have to be bouncing around on the ground for it to be a fumble.

Only if you aren’t paying attention. The ball was clearly coming loose when his elbow hit. At the very least, there wasn’t indisputable video evidence to overturn the call on the field.

I realize the “expert” ref and the TV crew thought he was down, but they obviously missed the fact that the ball was coming loose when the elbow hit.

It’s a fumble the moment the ball carrier loses control. That’s the moment when the ball begins to come loose. The ball doesn’t have to be bouncing around on the ground for it to be a fumble.

It was not coming loose. You are reaching.

Again, I'm not going to get on the "Fire so and so" train on the internet, but what I will say is it's been 5 years and our offense is now worse than I can ever remember it. Any other P5 team would have made a change by now.

It was interesting to watch the replays. From one angle...which seemed to be the one they showed over and over....it sure looked like he still controlled the ball when his forearm and elbow where on the ground. There was another angle shown, only a couple of times, that looked like the ball was just starting to come loose as his elbow hit. I thought we might have a chance since it was called a fumble on the field. Not to be, obviously.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
It was interesting to watch the replays. From one angle...which seemed to be the one they showed over and over....it sure looked like he still controlled the ball when his forearm and elbow where on the ground. There was another angle shown, only a couple of times, that looked like the ball was just starting to come loose as his elbow hit. I thought we might have a chance since it was called a fumble on the field. Not to be, obviously.
It’s obviously a moot point, but there was an angle where it was pretty clear to me that the ball was starting to come out before the elbow hit.

Some folks (replay refs included) seem to misunderstand that if the ball is shifting, there’s no control. Just like on a catch, where there’s no control until it’s secured and not still shifting in a player’s hand(s).

By definition, the call shouldn’t have been overturned on that basis. There wasn’t indisputable video evidence to overturn the call on the field. I suspect the replay ref just didn’t look closely enough to notice the movement.

I think replay is better than not having it, as the refs on the field screw up on a regular basis and the obvious missed calls get fixed, but replay still misses quite a few more subtle calls like this one. Replay refs tend to be former field refs who are too old to work on the field, and this could be part of the problem. They don’t seem to be very sharp, and they tend to mess up the more subtle distinctions.

Whatever the case, this offense sure as heck didn’t earn a win. Maybe this loss, the ass-kicking we’ll get in the Shoe, and the other losses sure to follow will finally force some logical thinking where our embarrassment of an offense is concerned.

You literally wrote elite defense don't allow yards.

Now how you feeling about your stupid comment?

Elite defense don't play like this!

-- @LeroyHawk
Again, can you read and do you know what literally means? I did not say elite defenses don't give up yards. Of course they do, but they don't let a team like Illinois, with their backup QB no less, march right down the field at crunch time. The post was right after they started on their own 15 yard line, Moss got burned for a long one, and then got burned for another one down to the 10 yard line within easy field goal range to win the game and I was pissed. After your first douchey response, I admitted it was a dumb post and that I shouldn't post when I'm pissed. You're so desperate to feel superior you couldn't leave it at that. So, when are you going to admit youre a douche? Keep this going if you wish, because arguing with strangers on the internet is always a great use of time.

@ANYCHawk

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT