ADVERTISEMENT

*****Mich St vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8pm Peacock

Mich St (11-2) comes to Carver tonight winners of 4 straight. Their only two loses were Nebraska and Creighton at home. They put up a lot of point, but their schedule has been extremely weak.

The Hawkeyes are beginning to look very very good. Hannah does well against smaller centers, can throw in Shannon against bigger ones. Beyond that, just need the other players 3 point shooting to tick up a bit and this is likely just as a good of a team as last year. Hannah is really picking up her post play.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Here's my preview of the game. Michigan State is one of the few Big Ten teams exceeding its pre-season expectations thus far. The Spartans play fast and are one of the best scoring teams in the country. On paper this game looks like a shootout. Iowa is generally most comfortable in shootouts, but have also had really bad shooting nights at times this year.

https://iowa.rivals.com/news/preview-iowa-wbb-vs-michigan-state

I've watched this team a couple of times and they look much like a Minnesota caliber of team. The difference is that they play at a faster pace.

They seem to play a lot like Iowa, fast breaks, 3 pointers, and layups on spread out action. Iowa has to be ready to defend the 3 and get back on defense.

Gabbie Marshall is going to start making 3s one of these games, right?

In 4 previous seasons she hs never finished less then 37% from beyond the arc. Thru 13 games, she currently stands at 26.3% 3PT FGA. And she is shooting even worse long range against major conf. foes (3-28 vs. VT/ISU/KSU/MN/WI), that's a shockingly bad slump. How long can Bluder give her starter minutes? Yes she defends well but Feuerbach is an excellent defender also.... and a better rebounder as well (who can drive to the basket and score on offense).

I think she heats up again but I hope its soon.

Gabbie Marshall is going to start making 3s one of these games, right?

In 4 previous seasons she hs never finished less then 37% from beyond the arc. Thru 13 games, she currently stands at 26.3% 3PT FGA. And she is shooting even worse long range against major conf. foes (3-28 vs. VT/ISU/KSU/MN/WI), that's a shockingly bad slump. How long can Bluder give her starter minutes? Yes she defends well but Feuerbach is an excellent defender also.... and a better rebounder as well (who can drive to the basket and score on offense).

I think she heats up again but I hope its soon.
On January 2, 2023, Gabbie's season 3pt% was 20%, so there is some precedent for this and her snapping out of it.

Per chance, fran, do you a link to the wbb MSU game tonight?
TIA, appreciated!!
Since several games (7 or 8?) are on Peacock, I got a family member in college to subscribe for $1.99/month for up to 12 months student rate. Of course, I will have to go to his house because password sharing just wouldn’t be right.

Reactions: UptownHawk
Since several games (7 or 8?) are on Peacock, I got a family member in college to subscribe for $1.99/month for up to 12 months student rate. Of course, I will have to go to his house because password sharing just wouldn’t be right.
Thx!

Putting games on Peacock and "growing the game". LOL.

Maybe there will be a free stream shared, not contributing to the streaming money grab going on.

Go Hawks!

Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT