ADVERTISEMENT

*****Purdue vs Iowa Game Thread*****

He has a 7'2" freshman from Sweden on the roster that will probably be a headache for some time, if things run true to form.

He has a 7'2" freshman from Sweden on the roster that will probably be a headache for some time, if things run true to form.
Yeah, his name is Berg. Like Edey, Berg was a project when he first came to Purdue and red shirted last year. He gets mop up minutes this year and has shown some progress in those minutes. They also have another 7'-3" guy coming in next year who actually declared a year early. Wouldn't be surprised if he red shirts. Purdue has one assistant coach whose job is to work with these kind of guys and develop them. He is Brandon Brantley who played at center during the Glen Robinson years in the mid 90's. He was actually one of Purdue's shorter centers in my life time at 6'-8".

Fran should have used Braun more on Edey—keep Freeman out of foul trouble. Only chance to win was a big game out of Freeman. Should have used all of Braun’s fouls. Celtics used to have a guy name Wayne Embry lean on Wilt and use all his fouls then save Russell.

Yeah, his name is Berg. Like Edey, Berg was a project when he first came to Purdue and red shirted last year. He gets mop up minutes this year and has shown some progress in those minutes. They also have another 7'-3" guy coming in next year who actually declared a year early. Wouldn't be surprised if he red shirts. Purdue has one assistant coach whose job is to work with these kind of guys and develop them. He is Brandon Brantley who played at center during the Glen Robinson years in the mid 90's. He was actually one of Purdue's shorter centers in my life time at 6'-8".
Jacobson, the recruit coming in, can shoot the three. Purdue is still tall, but going away from the massive back to the basket guy.

Reactions: TheCainer
Jacobson, the recruit coming in, can shoot the three. Purdue is still tall, but going away from the massive back to the basket guy.
Yeah, they'll have a lot different look next year, and will also be pretty young.

Yeah, they'll have a lot different look next year, and will also be pretty young.
Ya. I expect Kaufman to start at the 5. He has a good shot at being all big ten caliber imo. Then 4 out and run and gun. PJ seems to want to run an offense with tons of pace, something I personally welcome. Way more athleticism next year as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT