ADVERTISEMENT

*****W Michigan vs Iowa Game Thread*****

You don’t think this sloppy soft bad O isn’t going to turn it over vs real athletes
🤣🤣🤣🤣 and that above average PSU qb and those good rbs are not going to gash that slow soft d ... oh my it won’t be like an at OhioSt or at Michigan massacre but it will be bad

Slow soft D?! Why haven’t I heard that before? Does the NFL know? You’d think they'd quit drafting our D guys by the handful…😂😂😂😂

If someone had told me it was a done deal that the game would end up 41-10 Hawks after that first half, I'd have told you to pass me some that wacky stuff and keep it coming!

Hell, not exaggerating it felt like a loss was very possible before the lightning delay.

I’m honestly not sure it wasn’t… Momentum is a very funny thing and we got a chance to reevaluate and we should be extremely thankful. If you want to be pissed at something, be pissed that these guys were NOT ready to play.!!! On either side of the ball!

Reactions: HawkBall23
At home. White out at night. They aren’t unbeatable but Cade will have to play well. Something tells me he will. Maybe it will be enough.

Say that then… And I don’t know that he will, and playing at Penn State and white out is an extreme challenge. We will be an underdog, but I don’t get why we just take the negative narrative.. Penn State certainly hasn’t looked unbeatable and Illinois is seriously struggling brother!!

Of course they can get better but honestly if that had been us versus them, I would hope to hell wed beat them in at least similar fashion. 5 turnovers…WTH.

You can’t beat anyone doing that!

Look, I am realistic I routinely get accused of being positive and I routinely remind people I’m pragmatic.

This will be a tough game, but we’ve got guys that are honestly hoping we don’t win. Now to be fair I understand some of them are rival fans, but what the hell!!!

Glad we won, as we should have. After 2009 I try to reserve judgement on a team until we get to Big 10 play but there are A TON of red flags with this team. I just want the offense to be serviceable going forward, which seems unlikely from what I’ve seen so far…..

Oh….I’ve never heard anyone question why we didn’t try to score with 5 to 8 minutes left?

I’ve never heard anyone ask why we didn’t try to get “better” or why we didn’t let the second stringers get some real reps… I guess I thought I’d heard that before, I must be wrong!
Put the situation in context like I tried to explain to you...up 21 points with 5 minutes left.

The starting QB is still in the game.

Please don't be obtuse.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Let’s put some of this into perspective, and what some of our fans really want…

They honestly just want to bitch… They’re never happy.

This great PSU offense put up 20 1st downs, 383 yds and 30 points vs Illinois.

Now…that same Illinois….Broken Illinois, I might add.

1st Gave them 5 TOS….

2nd gave up 28 pts, 28 1st downs & 416 yds vs Toledo

THEN….gave up 34 pts, 27 1st downs & 539 yds vs KU…

Double then….vs Toledo & KU, that same Illinois Offense against supposedly inferior defenses…

Gained 374, 341 & then 354 yds ( vs PSU) …hmmm

Oh and again 1 TO vs Toledo, 2 vs KU and what did I say, 5 vs PSU….

Talk to me @Dr.PhilSuess ? What am I missing?

Hell anyone? Why is PSU unbeatable?

Oh yes, it doesn’t fit your narrative, gotcha!
I don't think anyone thinks PSU is unbeatable. A white out night game at Happy Valley is a real challenge. The good news is Cade has played in big games before. The bad news is he is not sharp at all. Iowa's only chance is turnovers or Cade plays lights out.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Come on Cmhawk. You are a straight shooter. I thought what James Franklin did against West Virginia was classless. And we just did the same thing.

Listen, that’s maybe one of the kindest things you’ve ever said to me and I think you actually believe it… thanks!

Yes, I am a straight shooter and yes I thought it was bullshit… I’m not 100% sure I agree 41-10 and letting the back up quarterback, actually throw some meaningful passes is the same thing as Franklin beating Delaware, 712 to 7?!

I mean, honestly I don’t generally throw a fit about the coaches as you know, but my Lord amighty have we stalled away a lot of Minutes in the last 20+ years when we could’ve got quality reps …

I know you agree with that. But I see your problem in your mind it has to do with Brian & the 25 points, but as you undoubtably would agree, sometimes life forces you to change things, and it works to your benefit…

WE NEED THE PRACTICE!!! There have been many times in my life I’ve been “forced” to change how I did things… And quite frankly, if I hadn’t been so damn stubborn, I should’ve been doing it that way to begin with!!

So once again, it really comes back to KF, right?

Good convo though and I get your point.

Put the situation in context like I tried to explain to you...up 21 points with 5 minutes left.

The starting QB is still in the game.

Please don't be obtuse.

I responded to @Steamboat529529 .., I do get your point, but maybe you can see mine?!

Let’s enjoy the stubborn old goat, getting our back up quarterback, and our 3rd, 4th & fifth string running back quality goes… It’s beginning to look like we may need them!

As for Cade, yes, I would’ve preferred to see him out of the game… But something still isn’t quite right going on out there with him & the wide receivers because I think you can agree the pass blocking has mostly been pretty good the first three games., right?!

On a sidenote, and I mean this to both of you, I do appreciate the redirection and yes, I get your point…

But I am happy as hell that we kept it in overdrive for a change, and I think once you forget about your angst for Brian you might agree?!

Reactions: MitchLL
I don't think anyone thinks PSU is unbeatable. A white out night game at Happy Valley is a real challenge. The good news is Cade has played in big games before. The bad news is he is not sharp at all. Iowa's only chance is turnovers or Cade plays lights out.
Cade is probably the biggest disappointment this season so far. An improvement over Petras for sure, but not by much….

11-1 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 this garbage
Didn't say we're world beaters...far from it. We saw some real improvement today in the running game. I wondered how much was real and how much the level of competition so I checked. WMU was 42nd in rush defense coming into today...better than both ISU and USU.

The B1G West is weak. Even with the offense we saw today, we could beat anybody in the division.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Atleast we are taking advantage of the short field the defense and special teams are giving us

Cade is probably the biggest disappointment this season so far. An improvement over Petras for sure, but not by much….

I won’t say disappointment, because we could possibly be 1–2 with Petras’s or Padilla. And Cades mental toughness, and ability to feel pressure and move away from it is significant. But no, he is not quite right!!

Didn't say we're world beaters...far from it. We saw some real improvement today in the running game. I wondered how much was real and how much the level of competition so I checked. WMU was 42nd in rush defense coming into today...better than both ISU and USU.

The B1G West is weak. Even with the offense we saw today, we could beat anybody in the division.

Quite frankly, I’m not sure the entirety of the big 10 isn’t underachieving a little bit so far! Michigan states awful, Indiana is once again not very good… And the west, yuck!!

I won’t say disappointment, because we could possibly be 1–2 with Petras’s or Padilla. And Cades mental toughness, and ability to feel pressure and move away from it is significant. But no, he is not quite right!!
Has Cade performed to your expectations? If not, it’s disappointing. I’m not faulting the young man as I think he is a good kid and is a great Hawkeye, but his on field performance is not what I expected SO FAR.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Today showed me just how limited Cade is with his movements. If he was 100%, he'd be able to do so much more. After last week's comments, I was starting to feel confident with his health. But he looked iffy today, and I think he may have aggravated the injury again. He's going to have a tough time next week.

Has Cade performed to your expectations? If not, it’s disappointing. I’m not faulting the young man as I think he is a good kid and is a great Hawkeye, but his on field performance is not what I expected SO FAR.

No, I get it, the only reason I didn’t “like” what you said is because I still think he is a dramatic improvement… But he isn’t right, that’s for sure!

I should probably move back to posting in the week three game thread… But I don’t think the big 12 is any great shakes right now either. I think Oklahoma and UCF might be the two best teams!!

I’m waiting a little bit on this Texas thing… I hate it when they jump teams like they do in week two after they beat a team like “Alabama” who everyone thinks is a Juggernaut, which granted they have been… But they are struggling.

And I’m not gonna say I told you to watch this Wyoming Texas game because there’s a shit ton of time left but they are not looking very good right now… My feeling is they’ll put it together and end up winning but I’m not sold on Texas being number 4, anymore than I am sold on Florida State being number three!!

Ok? Not questioning his toughness. He has not performed to expectations so far, that’s all I’m saying. I like the kid a lot, but he’s been underwhelming so far.
Agree he hasn't lit the world on fire as I hoped he would. I do hope the more comfortable he gets the better he plays. It certainly seems like it has taken a little longer to shake off the rust and that lingering injury hasn't helped. This week will be very telling.

Reactions: SolarHawk
Want an idea of how embarrassing this offense is? The only SportsCenter "highlight" out of Iowa City on Saturday was of a male cheerleader losing his pants.

Parker does a such a great job of adjusting during the game. Dejean will be important with punt returns in the next 9 games. Will need to get some great special teams plays to make a difference in a few of them

This thread was a great read on a Monday morning and reminded me of the new Dr. Pepper Fansville commercial where they all freak out and the sheriff points out it was only the first drive of the game.

1st half 14-10 - 26.5 pages of game thread
2nd half 27-0 - 9 pages of game thread
post game - 1.5 pages of criticizing Kirk for letting a 6th string walk-on score on a run up the middle.

Would be interesting to see all the posters that dropped out in the second half.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkPocrisy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT