ADVERTISEMENT

*******Iowa @ Nebby Game Thread*******

That 2020 team had Garza and Weiskamp, finished in the top 25. It was a good team.
Yes, the starting 5 with Garza and Wieskamp in the lineup were good enough to be recognized by being in the top 25, but the bench players were not very good, and Iowa struggled when the starters struggled, hence Iowa lost games at Nebraska when the bench players didn't produce. We'll see if that scenario continues tonight, hopefully not.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Thanks to @AuroraHawk for the following:

If you are looking for a free RADIO broadcast, download The Varsity Network app.

It is app only.

I downloaded the app to my Droid and it has this weekend's baseball games and the Men's & Women's basketball games all listed!

The radio stream for today's baseball game starts at 1:30 pm CT (2 pm first pitch)

The stream for tonight's basketball game starts at 7:00 pm CT (8 pm tip).

Pregame show on now

Hoooooooze listening?

How did Iowa do in Lincoln the last time they played Nebraska? After you look that up check how many conference wins Nebraska had that year. That was an Iowa team that had Garza and Wieskamp.
AND that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this team. Hello. First off our other "shooters" CJF didn't play because of his foot issue, and Jbo was already out for conference play. Iowa's perimeter players couldn't throw it in the ocean from deep going 3 or 4 for 30 from deep. That was problematic, because the shuckers double and triple teamed Garza forcing Iowa to shoot from deep, and we had the worst shooting night in recent history. Their defense bothered Luka and no one else could hit shots. Is it likely we shoot that bad again? Probably not, but the big issue for Braska, is Keegan isn't Luka. They can't play that defense against him. Even though Luka would venture outside to shoot he was basically a low block bruiser. They nullified that with multiple defenders. Keegan will post you up if he has a mismatch, but he's damn near impossible to double, at least the way they did Luka. He comes after you from all over the court. He'll rip and run the floor with the ball. Take it from either sideline. He'll shoot the three, or take you off the bounce from the three point circle or the foul line extended. Turnaround jumpers, or the baby hook with either hand. His mobility and ability to take you off the bounce from literally anywhere on the court makes him very hard to double. Kris and Pmac have some of the same skills. None of those players played in that game. These are totally different teams. As I said, The shuckers could win, (anything is possible) but I highly doubt they will and sure as hell not the way they won last time we played there.

Last edited:
Reactions: CookyMonster
AND that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this team. Hello. First off our other "shooter" CJF didn't play because of his foot issue. Iowa's perimeter players couldn't throw it in the ocean from deep going 3 or 4 for 30 from deep. That was problematic, because the shuckers double and triple teamed Garza forcing Iowa to shoot from deep, and we had the worst shooting night in recent history. Their defense bothered Luka and no one else could hit shots. Is it likely we shoot that bad again? Probably not, but the big issue for Braska, is Keegan isn't Luka. They can't play that defense against him. Even though Luka would venture outside to shoot he was basically a low block bruiser. They nullified that with multiple defenders. Keegan will post you up if he has a mismatch, but he's damn near impossible to double, at least the way they did Luka. He comes after you from all over the court. He'll rip and run the floor with the ball. Take it from either sideline. He'll shoot the three, or take you off the bounce from the three point circle or the foul line extended. Turnaround jumpers, or the baby hook with either hand. His mobility and ability to take you off the bounce from literally anywhere on the court makes him very hard to double. Kris and Pmac have some of the same skills. None of those players played in that game. These are totally different teams. As I said, The shuckers could win, (anything is possible) but I highly doubt they will and sure as hell not the way they won last time we played there.

The answer to Nebraska double teaming Keegan is: Sandfort

Ok, got it...to you rivalry games don't exist and players are not motivated anymore for 1 game over the other.
Nebraska is a rivalry game in FB; in BB, at least 5 or 6 others are bigger rivalries

The answer to Nebraska double teaming Keegan is: Sandfort
Maybe , BUT my point is they can't double KM the way they did Luka, because he's not going to just go set up on the block. That makes it possible to build a fence around him with two, three even four players at times, and force shooters to hit shots, which we could not on that night. Keegan won't be standing on the block.

How did Iowa do in Lincoln the last time they played Nebraska? After you look that up check how many conference wins Nebraska had that year. That was an Iowa team that had Garza and Wieskamp.

I said in two other threads...

I called the wins vs OSU and MSU.

I said we lose to Nebby because we can't have nice things.

However, Nebby is really bad.

Hoping we come out hot and put the hammer down early.

it has nothing to do with me taking the hawks for the first half giving 6

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Defend and rebound, then the rest will fall into place.

Let's not get the fanbase all worked up tonight (in a bad way), Hawks.

Reactions: Tunadog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT