ADVERTISEMENT

****Iowa @ Ohio St Game Thread****

NO. He made a couple mistakes and Fran did not pull him, so JoeT got a chance to get warmed up. What player can be effective playing 4 min per game knowing if he has a TO or missed shot or ref just screws him once, he is on bench rest of the game,

Username doesn’t check out

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Never had a doubt about this game today.

tenor.gif

And now to finish off the reg. season with 2 home wins (over the Shuckers and Pissconsin) and it'll be onto the BTT with the 2 or 3 seed, baby!!!

I think the best we can do is tie with Illinois and they hold the tie breaker on that.
OH State lost to MI at OH State and they stayed at #4. Iowa loses at MI but KILLS OH State at OH State, dominating them much moreso than MI. I see Iowa taking a jump up this week.

Reactions: Sheahawk
NO. He made a couple mistakes and Fran did not pull him, so JoeT got a chance to get warmed up. What player can be effective playing 4 min per game knowing if he has a TO or missed shot or ref just screws him once, he is on bench rest of the game,
What are you disagreeing with me on?

You thought Iowa would handle Michigan and how did that work for you. you are a idealist who has troubles with the realist. About to get another dose of reality today
I guess I am still living in an idealist world. In my world the idealists won. What does your world say?

JT is essential when teams have athletic guards like OSU. Looks like Fran learned from last game.
JT gives Iowa much-needed quickness/athleticism on the perimeter. I think that if they'd had that against Michigan, it could have been a different story. Going forward, I hope they figure that out.

Any guesses on how many minutes Joe T played? Seemed like more than it will end up being. Maybe 10? Solid minutes regardless of how many he had.

Joe's mistakes this game weren't careless mistakes, they were good attempts that OH State just defended well. No dribbling out of bounds or out-of-control drives, Joe T played a very good game. Possible his best of the year. I hope he can keep it up because Iowa needs and should count on that from him.

That was a solid win and should help more than the Michigan loss for our seeding. Hence the week is somewhat net positive. Love to recover that tOSU home loss.

A Sweet 16 finish is in Iowa's future if the boys maintain this level of intensity. The defensive trend line has been pretty positive.

Two very winnable home games. Win those and it will be hard to keep Iowa off the two line.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Maybe, just maybe, the Michigan game was a fluke and Iowa just played piss-poor that day. I really think Iowa can compete with the Wolverines should they meet again in the BTT
Iowa didnt play to their potential against michigan, but michigan is just one of the best teams in the country, certainly look better than baylor and playing in a tougher conference than gonzaga. I wouldnt say fluke because michigan has made a lot of good teams look bad

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
I think this might have been mentioned earlier, but holy s* that rebounding today! :D

OSU only had 2, TWO!, offensive rebounds today.

Hawks really brought it all around today. Hats off to them for 'rebounding' (ha!) after the loss on Thursday night.

JT gives Iowa much-needed quickness/athleticism on the perimeter. I think that if they'd had that against Michigan, it could have been a different story. Going forward, I hope they figure that out.
He played much more under control today and it worked getting him a few more minutes.

We are better than we showed against Mich but we would have to play more JT and Keegan to compete. Their defense made it impossible for Jbo to get us in offense.
We are a good match up against OSU. We just gagged the first game. We are a bad matchup vs Michigan. Michigan has serious bigs.....osu does not. That is the difference in the match up. Great game today!

We are a good match up against OSU. We just gagged the first game. We are a bad matchup vs Michigan. Michigan has serious bigs.....osu does not. That is the difference in the match up. Great game today!
I thought defensive intensity & quickness were the difference. Which Iowa can (obviously) bring in any game. I refuse to believe that, given another chance, Luka couldn't abuse Dickinson.

Any guesses on how many minutes Joe T played? Seemed like more than it will end up being. Maybe 10? Solid minutes regardless of how many he had.
Joe T -7 asst in 14 min and 1 TO
Jordan - 4 asst and 1 TO in 26 min.
Pretty solid 40 minutes from the PG position.

Joe's mistakes this game weren't careless mistakes, they were good attempts that OH State just defended well. No dribbling out of bounds or out-of-control drives, Joe T played a very good game. Possible his best of the year. I hope he can keep it up because Iowa needs and should count on that from him.
Solid post . This is th JT that deserves minutes. He played under control and let the game come to him. Amazing what happens when you slow down, take a few breaths and just play without overthinking

I think the best we can do is tie with Illinois and they hold the tie breaker on that.

The regular season conference champ ship has likely sailed barring a complete collapse by Illinois and Michigan (Those two losses to Indiana hurt). Now we just need to focus on keeping the double bye for the Conference tournament and go from there.

Win out and 3rd place is our ceiling. Win our remaining regular season home games and this team will be Fran's only team in 11 years to not finish with double digit loses and his highest finish in the Big Ten. Finish 3rd and we avoid playing Michigan until the championship game of the Big Tournament if we take care of our first 2 games....1 against whomever and the other against the Illini.

I'm starting to get paranoid that we'll play Duke in the 2nd round again, but this time we're the higher seed and they still beat us.

I hope that it's a 2 or 3 seed but not in Gonzaga's bracket.
Yeah the media brackets need to gtfo this push to convince the committee that Iowa should be in Gonzaga's bracket (or Baylor's for that matter because we deserve nice things from time to time........)

We already played Gonzaga, so we don't need to end up in their bracket again.

Let's take the bracket of whoever is replacing Ohio State for that 1 seed............

Yeah the media brackets need to gtfo this push to convince the committee that Iowa should be in Gonzaga's bracket (or Baylor's for that matter because we deserve nice things from time to time........)

We already played Gonzaga, so we don't need to end up in their bracket again.

Let's take the bracket of whoever is replacing Ohio State for that 1 seed............
Iowa if they win out?;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT