ADVERTISEMENT

*****Kansas St vs Iowa Game Thread*****

I called it, bitches!!!

Minny won by a point!

The B1G sweep on opening night!!!!

happy-dancing-dancing-kid.gif

Should be interesting this weekend, if Utah does win.

Analyst just said "Utah likes to get out and run".

Could be a real track meet if Hawks have to play out there.
I e watched Utah and I wouldn’t say they like to get out and run.

Reactions: nu2u
They can always play it at the Xtream Arena in Coralville. Large enough to fit all the fans that want to attend.

They will. The seeds you get are pretty predictive of how that works out and the big 10 was down this year.
Big 12 got great seeds. Houston with the #1 NET ranking was a perfect illustration just how screwed up NET rankings are, Houston's best win, non-league was Tex A&M. (20-14 and 9 seed)
Purdue beat Marquette, Tenn, Arizona, Gonzaga and Alabama, all on Neutral courts. Purdue has #3 NET ranking.
ISU lost to the best teams they played, non-league. Somehow they end up with the #6 NET?
Baylor at #14? Lost to Michigan State on a Neutral Court by 24.
And Kansas getting a 4 seed? Joke.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
Big 12 got great seeds. Houston with the #1 NET ranking was a perfect illustration just how screwed up NET rankings are, Houston's best win, non-league was Tex A&M. (20-14 and 9 seed)
Purdue beat Marquette, Tenn, Arizona, Gonzaga and Alabama, all on Neutral courts. Purdue has #3 NET ranking.
ISU lost to the best teams they played, non-league. Somehow they end up with the #6 NET?
Baylor at #14? Lost to Michigan State on a Neutral Court by 24.
And Kansas getting a 4 seed? Joke.
Not sure why everyone feels the Big 12 is "the best league in the country" this year based on the non-con, but I guess we will see how it plays out. I wasn't overly impressed with Kansas State. But road games in that insane environment can be difficult :p

When is the next game. Assume it will be a late affair. Never mind sit says Saturday or Sunday. Probably determined by ESPN schedule.

Last edited:
PaySandfort - 30 pts and 12 rebs
Krikke - 24 points and 11 rebs

54 points and 23 rebounds between two guys is pretty, pretty good.
Really good offensive games from Payton and Krikke. One of Krikke's best games overall. The guards looked off on offense, but Perkins and Dix did a good job of holding down KSU's guards. Except for a few moments, Iowa's centers did not have there best games. Harding was MIA, sitting on the bench. Patrick was Patrick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT