ADVERTISEMENT

*****Mich St vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

No. It was out. Serious answer.

Tv clock doesn’t matter. Look at the red light on the backboard, that’s synced to the gameclock. That’s what counts. That shows the ball out if her fingertips before it went red.

thanks for the clarification. when you drag the timer in the video to 0:00.0 and see where the ball is, it is at her waist and not yet close to a shot attempt

CC getting huge props on Sportscenter right now.

Also the #1 on today's "top ten" plays for Monday!!!!

• Love
Reactions: HIWILLE
Hit the sack but set the record button known they would say something about her.

The ref had a lengthy discussion about the foul. It certainly was quite clear that Molly Davis was not in a shooting motion when Hagemann landed on her. Is there a provision in the rules that maybe says if the player was starting to shoot but then changed posture to protect themselves from the collision, it still counts as a shooting foul?

Reactions: HIWILLE
Just not enough talent around Clark. Lisa will regret not kore aggressively recruiting another 1-2 scorers.
Snore.

If Clark doesn't come back next year, I'm curious where the team will get any offense

Bluder will likely start running the offense through the freshmen — I think Heiden will take on as much as Bluder can get her out of her. Guyton, Heiden, Mallegni will all get minutes alongside Stuelke, Affolter, Gyamfi, Feuerbach IMO. Johnson is a question mark. People will need to step up, that’s what kids do.

Kylie is a better athlete by far. Probably one of the fastest with great length. Looks like Bluder does not like her as she got beat one time and takes her out. Davis is getting manhandled inside by whoever she is guarding.

She gets out of control sometimes. She has trouble slowing down when need be. Not a sharpshooter either. Needs to work on her ball handling and get more reps. I think her time at Iowa State messed with her confidence. She was starting a lot out of necessity but I don’t think she was mentally ready.

This team, sadly, isn’t sniffing the FF.
Hope like hell I’m wrong and some switches get flipped but yikes.

Hm…where have I heard this before???

Enjoy Clark while we have her. Never going to be better than this!
I thought the same thing after Logic, Gustafson, and then Doyle tbh. Bluder has been surpassing my expectations since 2015.

Last edited:
Dawn Staley—-are you serious! What a big baby! She just can’t handle that little Iowa has the best player in the nation—and it’s not even close. She is still upset about losing to Iowa last year. Her team was supposedly unbeatable. Even Kim Mulkey said everyone was playing for 2nd place. After Iowa beat her, she still couldn’t give Caitlin and Iowa credit—-pointed out after the game that Caitlin had a lot of turnovers in the game. Grow up—-you are embarrassing.

Well even last year, a final four was over achieving. I don’t get the point of not enjoying what it is they can accomplish and enjoying having the best player in NCAA. There’s so many superstars in nba that never really did all that much in college. Just enjoy it. My hope is coming close to or getting regular season title, don’t get beat by lesser team in tournament.

But stop with this, if they don’t make it back to a final 4 the season is a failure nonsense.
Oh, I'm not saying it would be a failure--they are fun to watch, and I enjoy it.

Raygun needs to design a shirt with Staley as the Emperor from Star Wars with the "let the hate flow through you" meme and work the Hawks or Clark in it.

I'll only take a very small amount for the idea :)

The ref had a lengthy discussion about the foul. It certainly was quite clear that Molly Davis was not in a shooting motion when Hagemann landed on her. Is there a provision in the rules that maybe says if the player was starting to shoot but then changed posture to protect themselves from the collision, it still counts as a shooting foul?
No.

Stuelke has been assertive this year. She is averaging 18.5 shots per 40, second behind CC and higher than anyone on the mens side. Stuelke is attempting more FGA per 40 than Czinano attempted last season (15.1).
Other than short breaks, I'm not sure why she ever comes off the court....

Again, for the millionth time... Why is Gabbie getting minutes? She gets blown by at the end to give up the tying basket.

She's a liability on offense and defense at this point.
It's getting more painful to watch every game especially when there are players on the bench who can contribute much more than she has. There were multiple times she was blown by or easily screened off her responsibility last night......So, if a player is not shooting well, passing up open shots in the lane, then getting beat on defense, and the only rebounds she gets are the ones that fall into her hands, why is she getting 30mpg?

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
It's getting more painful to watch every game especially when there are players on the bench who can contribute much more than she has. There were multiple times she was blown by or easily screened off her responsibility last night......So, if a player is not shooting well, passing up open shots in the lane, then getting beat on defense, and the only rebounds she gets are the ones that fall into her hands, why is she getting 30mpg?
They are hoping that the switch will flip for her like it did last year. She did have a good defensive game against Minn. Last night, not so much.

Wasn't she the one standing up for the refs from the LSU national title game being criticized for calls? Now I guess it's ok to rip the refs. Weird how that happens.
Yeah, she tried to suggest the criticism was linked to their gender/race I think. Which was ridiculous because they were just flat out bad for both teams.

So many white fat dudes wanting to take down CC.
Really pathetic and sad from a very un-athletic group of beer drinking goofballs.

Move to Nebraska to be with those morons.

You are unhinged.

Making idiotic posts left and right.

Take a chill pill.

What exactly are you referring to?
Sorry...it lacked context.

All of the idiots on X barking about the shot should not have counted, etc. Even AFTER it was pointed out the clock from the network was wrong and to look at the red light, etc. They just wait in the weeds to try to trash her. Bunch of goofs.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
She’s not (entirely) wrong, but she’s being kind of an petty asshole about it.
Seems clear that was a bad call putting Molly on the line. Bad calls happen in every game. Wondering how often Staley tweets out criticism of refs for bad calls made in games she's watching that don't involve Iowa. And if she's doesn't, why not?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT