ADVERTISEMENT

*****Mich St vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

What does the shot clock reset to after a foul? Thinking if that wasn't a shooting foul for Molly Davis.... 29 seconds left, when fouled

Stuelke way too unselfish at this point. CC can probably carry us to another Big Ten championship but if Martin and Marshall keep this up it’s going to be tough to make it back to the Final 4. Stuelke doesn’t realize how good she really is. Needs more shots and quit deferring.

Not sure what the deal is with Marshall, but a liability for too long. 36 minutes.
Actually made a 3 tonight. 1-6.
1 ast, 1 steal, 2 reb.

Reactions: longliveCS40
Stuelke way too unselfish at this point. CC can probably carry us to another Big Ten championship but if Martin and Marshall keep this up it’s going to be tough to make it back to the Final 4. Stuelke doesn’t realize how good she really is. Needs more shots and quit deferring.
This team, sadly, isn’t sniffing the FF.
Hope like hell I’m wrong and some switches get flipped but yikes.

Reactions: longliveCS40
💯

She had her girl pinned on the block several times and chose to pass out to the perimeter. She needs to be more selfish. Not sure it's in her DNA. She's too nice.

having her trying to man to man defend against MSU athletic guards was a huge mistake
1/6 from three, most were wide open shots too
We don’t have a lot of athletic options to replace her on D. We’re not exactly a quick team in general. Sparty has some athletes, very quick off the dribble. We’ve got CC and Stuelke and a cast that can be hot and cold. Enjoy Clark while we have her. Never going to be better than this!

Clark
40 pts, 5 ast, 3 stls and a huge block

14/34 😫
8/20 three 😎

6 turnovers 🤬

The "team" box score was brutal.

But hey, didn't play great and still won.

Overall, Iowa shot just 28-67 (42%) from the field.

Breaking it down:

From 3:
8-20 (40%) Caitlin
1-10 (10%) Rest of Team
9-30 (30%) Total
=====================

From 2 Point Range:
6-14 (43%) Caitlin
13-23 (57%) Rest of Team
19-37 (51%) Total
=====================

From the Free Throw Line:
4-4 (100%) Caitlin
7-11 (63%) Rest of Team
11-15 (73%) Total
=====================

Last edited:
CC22 is in fricking unreal.

I am hopeful that Gabbie can start knocking down some shots but I am constantly amazed.

The most fun thing to watch in Iowa sports right now….by far. It’s January 2nd on a Tuesday nite and a packed house. It’s about the talent and the connection to the fan base. They have it and damn they are fun.

If you would have told me 4 years ago this would be the most exciting Iowa sports team to watch I would have said no way. Reality is, this team led by this young lady is one of the most exciting things ever in Iowa sports.

Love this team.

This team, sadly, isn’t sniffing the FF.
Hope like hell I’m wrong and some switches get flipped but yikes.
Based on your womens bb experience? What was our record heading into the tourney last year? Not saying we don’t have things to shore up but damn don’t get weak in the knees with a close game. MSU is a tough team. We are on pace.

I was wrong. I still think they have a better group of players but we have the 🐐
Yeah it took some breaks to happen. Better athletes doesn’t mean better overall team especially when you have Clark. Hawks definitely need more from 2nd and third options. And lessen the turnovers.

Reactions: shikreto
Based on your womens bb experience?
Not sure what that means but ok. I’m basing it on watching other teams who are WAY more balanced than our gals. This team isn’t a .500 club without CC. Yes, we DO have her and that is massive but watch other games and you’ll see teams that have widespread athleticism, play defense, and scoring options—plural.
I said I hope I’m wrong and they come together but based on what they’ve shown so far, I don’t see it happening.

Not sure what that means but ok. I’m basing it on watching other teams who are WAY more balanced than our gals. This team isn’t a .500 club without CC. Yes, we DO have her and that is massive but watch other games and you’ll see teams that have widespread athleticism, play defense, and scoring options—plural.
I said I hope I’m wrong and they come together but based on what they’ve shown so far, I don’t see it happening.
“This team isn’t a .500 club without CC”
No shit?! What was SC without Boston the last few years? Womens bball is dominated by a handful of stars. We saw that last year. As time moves on this will change. Damn dude embrace what she brings. She is one in a million.
I’m not saying they win it all but if you can’t embrace this you don’t get it.

Stuelke has been assertive this year. She is averaging 18.5 shots per 40, second behind CC and higher than anyone on the mens side. Stuelke is attempting more FGA per 40 than Czinano attempted last season (15.1).

Well even last year, a final four was over achieving. I don’t get the point of not enjoying what it is they can accomplish and enjoying having the best player in NCAA. There’s so many superstars in nba that never really did all that much in college. Just enjoy it. My hope is coming close to or getting regular season title, don’t get beat by lesser team in tournament.

But stop with this, if they don’t make it back to a final 4 the season is a failure nonsense.

“This team isn’t a .500 club without CC”
No shit?! What was SC without Boston the last few years? Womens bball is dominated by a handful of stars. We saw that last year. As time moves on this will change. Damn dude embrace what she brings. She is one in a million.
I’m not saying they win it all but if you can’t embrace this you don’t get it.
Btw what would the Lakers been without Magic. What about the Celtics without Bird. How about the Bulls without Jordon.

Dumb ass.

If you can’t enjoy her you are a fat dude sitting in your recliner thinking about your great junior high career.

serious question: when the game clock hit 0:00.0, was the ball still in her hands?

drag the timer in the video below to 0:00.0 and see where the ball is (it's at her waist, imo).

I am glad it counted but did they get it right?

serious question: when the game clock hit 0:00.0, was the ball still in her hands?

drag the timer in the video below to 0:00.0 and see where the ball is.

Tv clock doesn’t matter. Look at the red light on the backboard, that’s synced to the gameclock. That’s what counts. That shows the ball out if her fingertips before it went red.

drag the timer in the video below to 0:00.0 and see where the ball is.

backboard lights up when ball is out of her hand. TV game clock isn’t totally in sync with floor game clock.

So many white fat dudes wanting to take down CC.
Really pathetic and sad from a very un-athletic group of beer drinking goofballs.

Move to Nebraska to be with those morons.

Reactions: UptownHawk
We don’t have a lot of athletic options to replace her on D. We’re not exactly a quick team in general. Sparty has some athletes, very quick off the dribble. We’ve got CC and Stuelke and a cast that can be hot and cold. Enjoy Clark while we have her. Never going to be better than this!
Kylie is a better athlete by far. Probably one of the fastest with great length. Looks like Bluder does not like her as she got beat one time and takes her out. Davis is getting manhandled inside by whoever she is guarding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT