ADVERTISEMENT

****Northwestern vs Iowa Game Thread****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
Should be a beautiful day for a pillow fight.
2:30pm ESPN2

Iowa -11
O/U 37.5

A1a62H0.jpg

Petras or Padilla....anyone read or hear anything? I'm thinking Alex gets the start. I'd really like to see what he can do.

Petras or Padilla....anyone read or hear anything? I'm thinking Alex gets the start. I'd really like to see what he can do.
Not a peep out of Fort Kinnick as far as I know. But I'll faint in my tracks if anyone other than the amazing Spencer Petras wanders onto the turf at Duke Slater Field to start this fiasco. KF told the Press-Citizen a couple days ago that choosing the QB to face NW "is complicated." But, of course, it's not complicated at all. As long as Petras is physically able to take the field, he will. Switching to Padilla at halftime at OSU was a safe move for KF because (1) it was OSU and (2) it kept Petras healthy so he could take his rightful place in the huddle against the Mildcats and show what he really can do.

Personally, I'd prefer Labas to start with Padilla rotating in and Petras planted on the sidelines in that red cap. But that's about as likely as Putin handing his nukes over to the UN.

I’ll say
Iowa 6 (‘D’ gets the ‘O’ a very short field)
jNW 2

Iowa gets the much needed offensive TD and jNW gets the 2 points on blocked XP return

Just about ready to head over to Iowa City.

Iowa 24
Northwestern 13

Should be a beautiful day for a pillow fight.
2:30pm ESPN2

Iowa -11
O/U 37.5

A1a62H0.jpg
You guys should be real proud of yourself.

Is this really needed? Whoever your shirts are speaking to is aware of the struggle of the offense under BF.

God forbid one guy wears a shirt that says "GO", and another guy wears a shirt that says "HAWKS"

Honestly at this point I’m going mainly to watch the defense and marvel at how inept the offense is….and so I can yell at Brian when things inevitably completely go off the rails…

Did anyone catch on College Gameday where they mentioned BF has been keeping an eye on position jobs in the NFL??
Well he did spend ONE season coaching a total of THREE players who were already playing at all-pro levels before he arrived, so I'm sure pro teams will just be fighting each other to hire him. /s

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
I like McAfee, but did he really suggest the path to NIL success at iowa is via the money of farmers?

I think my dad (a farmer) would punch me square in the face if I told him this

• Haha
Prediction: Iowa will beat Northwestern so convincingly today that many of us will fear that Barta is going to offer contract extensions to the entire offensive staff.

Iowa 47
Northwestern 13

Reactions: WestCoastHawkI
The running ability of the NW QB will be the difference in this one.

I don’t want it to be true, but it is how I see it.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT