QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8:00pm
BTN
Purdue -12:5
O/U 160 pts

Hoping Purdue starts out cold and hawks can capitalize. It’s a tall order and a less than 10 point loss would certainly be a small victory.

Go hawks!

Keegan will be fine if he can keep from aggravating it tonight. The trainers and natural adrenaline will do the trick. But there aren't many scenarios where that will matter much. It would appear Iowa's only path to victory, or even a competitive game, is to shoot the lights out. Anything less, knowing Purdue's talent and Iowa's history at Mackey, would seem destined for disaster. Expect the worst. Hope for the best.

Keegan will be fine if he can keep from aggravating it tonight. The trainers and natural adrenaline will do the trick. But there aren't many scenarios where that will matter much. It would appear Iowa's only path to victory, or even a competitive game, is to shoot the lights out. Anything less, knowing Purdue's talent and Iowa's history at Mackey, would seem destined for disaster. Expect the worst. Hope for the best.

Boy I hope so

No prediction, but keeping expectations reasonable at least until the last 5 min. of regulation. Play hard as usual, defend, and do a good job limiting turnovers as we have done. Playing the number 2 ranked team at their place is daunting for sure, but if we remain fundamentally sound, it could be interesting.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Good luck tonight… You’re one of the few Other Big 10 teams I actually pull for… Fran’s a good coach and a close friend of Painter’s.

Good luck tonight… You’re one of the few Other Big 10 teams I actually pull for… Fran’s a good coach and a close friend of Painter’s.

Izzo used to love Lickliter. Successful coaches tend to like guys they can beat.

Fran has done okay with Purdue at Carver, but Mackey has been bad for Iowa.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Sure hope Mulvey and Ogundele get some mop up time in the 2 half. Really high on Riley from what I've seen of him, but not so much on Josh as some on here are. As young as Riley is, he just seems to be more advanced in center skills then Josh is at this time, but I'm sure that others feel much differently.

Better Hawkeye teams have been clobbered by worse Purdue teams @ Mackey Arena. If we keep it under 10 it will be a miracle. Hawks lose by 28.
Mulvey and Ogundele combine for 13 minutes, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 1 point and 10 fouls! 😏 Go Hawks!

• Haha
Reactions: Hawksfor3

Sit him tonight. He matters to the whole season. This game is lost already.

Purdue by 25

Dear Most Hatred Rival,

I say this with complete sincerity when I say that

200.gif

Sounds like Keegan is out tonight. This won't be pretty. At least we get Purdue again at home in a couple of months.

I'll call it an accomplishment if Iowa isn't playing the bottom of the bench with 12 minutes left in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT