ADVERTISEMENT

******Iowa vs Illinois Game Thread******

It’s only Petras’ fault like 1/4 of the time. Another 1/4 is the OL not blocking somebody or committing penalties. Another 1/4 is the receivers dropping passes, and the last 1/4 is Brian Ferentz playing “Create a Play” every time we get into scoring range.

The good news is that it all adds up to 1 massive cluster
90% of today is the OL and OC. TODAY

How many times does Brian try to get cute in the red zone by some gimmick reverse play? It never works. Never. And you are actually moving the ball through the air with Petras. That play call is inexcusable and a salient example of why Brian should not be OC. I’m sorry to use this term, but he is retarded. Absolutely retarded.
It's not even a well-designed gimmick play.

Our offensive philosophy also inherently works against us being able to run these counter/reverse plays because defenses have learned that they have to have the backside edge rusher come in wide to take away the play action, or have free reign to crash the line on our stretch runs to take away the cutback.

So when you try that sh** out of our base run formation, it's never gonna have a chance unless we have someone who can just make a man miss in the open field......which we don't right now.

But that's the price we pay for running this stellar offensive scheme.......

No, Petras had an easy TD throw he threw into the ground

giphy.gif

Petras actually looked pretty solid for the first time in years …right before the coaches special needs son called the reverse that stopped the drive and pushed us out of FG range.

If you are a 6'5 decent QB, you make that throw at the 3 yard line. Petras threw that into the turf well before he takes a hit. It's not 1st time...he blew a screen early in season...same thing...he chits his pants.

That said, the stinkitude is all over the offense...OL and WRs and even Rb....number 25 RB dropped an easy catch. Ragaini dropped one. OL getting whooped. All the penalties smell of bad, disorganized coaching.

90% of today is the OL and OC. TODAY
Petras hasn’t played that badly (could argue he’s done enough to be winning), but he missed on our best opportunity for a touchdown of the game, throwing it at LeShon’s feet while rolling left at the five yard line. Thats a throw that a D1 QB needs to make. The other throws mean a lot less if you can’t make the most important ones

Petras hasn’t played that badly (could argue he’s done enough to be winning), but he missed on our best opportunity for a touchdown of the game, throwing it at LeShon’s feet while rolling left at the five yard line. Thats a throw that a D1 QB needs to make. The other throws mean a lot less if you can’t make the most important ones
Yep the play on 1st down after the catch fumble looms large but otherwise he's been fine.

Our best hope is knocking their backup QB out of the game, too, and maybe the third string. Surely we can beat their fourth string QB! Oh yeah, and we also need the defense to get a pick six because our offense can't score.

I may be drunk, but Spencer looks better, but this play calling is suspect

And Stephens' PF call was weak as well.

Ok...I am drunk, who's with me???!!!

If you are a 6'5 decent QB, you make that throw at the 3 yard line. Petras threw that into the turf well before he takes a hit. It's not 1st time...he blew a screen early in season...same thing...he chits his pants.

That said, the stinkitude is all over the offense...OL and WRs and even Rb....number 25 RB dropped an easy catch. Ragaini dropped one. OL getting whooped. All the penalties smell of bad, disorganized coaching.
This is a good take, I agree with all of this...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT