ADVERTISEMENT

*****LSU vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

We’re going to need everyone to play as good as they did against Colorado or we won’t stand a chance. Clark can’t do it all on her own! Stay out of foul trouble and rebound and we should win. I think everyone will bring their best game tonight and we get revenge and head back to the Final Four!
GO HAWKS!!!!

89-81

You were going to have to face someone good. Currently they are a 1 guard 2 post team, 1 decent sized post 1 undersized post. Both aggressive. Honestly I think Martin and Affolter will be able to do just fine against Morrow. The issue is Morrow will have to defend one of those 2 and constantly get pulled out to the 3 point line. If the bumps and overly aggressive nature gets called, it is in our favor. Just need Gabby to hit shots. Foul Trouble will determine this game more than anything.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I hope the Hawks win, but don't think they will.

Clark can't try to win the game by herself. She needs to get her teammates involved as much as possible, and not rely too much on the 3 (unless she's draining them). Drive to the hoop!

I demand another Final 4 and to vanquish this LSU team! I don't care what anyone says, more pressure on LSU IMO and you know this burns like lava inside this team based on the antics of last year, not to mention not getting a natty. Iowa is doing and saying all the right things but privately, you know they want this game more than anything.

I say let them them chase CC all over and clear the court for others, use the tempo to our favor, get a 50/50 whistle and play anywhere near what we did vs. the Buffs and we win.

6:15pm ESPN

Rocky vs Drago
Dorthy vs The Wicked Witch
Batman vs The Joker

Call it whatever you want, tonight is the biggest game, most anticipated college basketball game of the year. Grab your popcorn and enjoy the show!

84-77 hawks
I view it more like this...

image.png

Big game to shut up the Iowa detractors. I don't want to have to read about Angel beating Caitlin. Need to hold our own on the inside, and Iowa should be ok.

Herky should borrow Kramer's pimp jacket and just troll Mulky all. game. long.
cosmo kramer pimp GIF

Looking at last years box score, LSU only has 3 players who played in last year's game on this year's team. Iowa has 6 (7 if you count Molly). Their big three that did damage (20+ points each) vs Iowa are gone. Reece, Flau'jae, and Poa are the only returners. Obviously they have HVL, AM, and freshman Williams who are new. I thought they had a physically big team, but doesn't look a lot bigger than Iowa. They run 4 guards and a forward, same as Iowa. Gabby is same height, maybe taller than HVL. Affolter, Clark, and Martin are similar heights to the other guards, and Stulke and AR are within an inch of each other height-wise. I know they got some bigs off the bench, but so do we.

Last edited:
Win one and Clark can sit down and watch the USC vs. UConn game as a fan like she wanted to. Heck we all want to do that.

And I am fully supportive of Paige Bueckers winning a national championship, next year!

I think LSU is going to go hard on the perimeter shooting and try to get Stuelke/Clark into foul trouble early with some flop charges. (Watch for them trying to get cheap backcourt charges as well.)

Iowa just needs to make shots. If ever there was a time for everyone to drain one, it's tonight.

I'd love to see Affolter have another big game.

Shut these clowns up and act like it was all small business.

I’m predicting lots of negative discussion about:
A - the officials
2 - Reese
3 - Mulkey, her outfits and white trashing
4 - LSU in general
F - officiating.

Other than that I can’t make any accurate predictions prior to the game

• Haha
Reactions: iowaathletes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT