ADVERTISEMENT

*****LSU vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

Hawks have to go back to full court ball. They can't keep letting LSU set the pace. We just gotta pray that LSU comes out cold for the rest of the game.
They are going to have to make LSU get cold. They are going to somehow have to get Reese into foul trouble. That will be hard to do since she seems to be getting about an 8:1 fouls vs. actually called fouls ratio.

quit being funny

;)

Joseph Sikora Starz GIF by Power Book IV: Force

LSU's game plan was to let Clark score but hold the others from scoring.
Yup, those two of Clark's TO's were because they had Reese standing in the passing lane Clark usually uses when trying to kick it to the wing. Clark really should have seen her there but she made the pass anyway. Although she hasn't tried it in a while so she seems to have adjusted.

Reactions: amahawk and MitchLL
I hope they call the fouls even that's all I care about. AJ Ediger took a beating and didn't get the call My God.
I would say fairly, not necessarily even. Two different styles of play so may not be even. Iowa would get more called on LSU with more slashing to the bucket. Spreading the floor with so many three shots doesn’t lead to as many foul calls.

Reese is a hack machine.

Both on that 'non-foul' block and the foul called block against Clark, where she supposedly hurt herself.... she is just swinging as hard as she can and hoping she gets a little bit of the ball.

And refs rewarded the first one by not calling the foul on her for hitting Stuelke in the process.
How many over the backs has she not been called for. And she's not the only one.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
I really felt comfortable with O'Grady out there actually. She's a better matchup defensively and neutralized Reese. Yea, we give up the Hannah running but might be a good move if Reese is really hurting us down low in the second half.

Maybe think about O'Grady at the 5 and Hannah at the 4 versus Morrow if we're getting pounded down low.

Something to think about...
She absolutely buried Reese in the post at one point. She didn't finish but I think she could give her some issues.

I really felt comfortable with O'Grady out there actually. She's a better matchup defensively and neutralized Reese. Yea, we give up the Hannah running but might be a good move if Reese is really hurting us down low in the second half.

Maybe think about O'Grady at the 5 and Hannah at the 4 versus Morrow if we're getting pounded down low.

If they were ever saving that game plan of Stuelke at the high 4 and O'Grady inside, now would be the time to do it..............

If Stuelke could make a 15 footer, that would be a good lineup. They lose that scoring threat from 3 with both on the floor.

Reactions: skydog0784
How many over the backs has she not been called for. And she's not the only one.
As much as I disagree that its gone, the "over the back" foul is gone form the rule book. Not sure it was ever technically part of the rulebook in the first place.

Sorry, but in my worldview, if you jump "over" someone but still come down on them or you're momentum from going after the ball knocks the opposing rebounder out of your way, then its a foul. Plain and simple.

Neither team has a very deep rotation. I guess we have an advantage since we're smaller, but not sure it's much of one
Hep. As much as Syd playing more has been a good thing, it REALLY hurt our depth badly. We have no reliable bench scorers at this point.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT