ADVERTISEMENT

******Mich St vs Iowa Game Thread******

giphy.gif

Who are you angry at?

You for regurgitating the same shit everyone already knows. We wouldn't be here if we had a choice. No one thinks we are good

• Haha
Reactions: HawkPocrisy
Thoughts for tonight:

Cade is done, and we're stuck with Hill.
WRs can't catch
The offense may be worse than it was last year
Defense got pushed around by one of the worst teams in the conference
Nothing will change until Kirk is gone
Brightside is that we likely won't get boat raced by Michigan again

Im excited. Deacon had some good moments and a couple of bad decisions. First start, first win. This could be a turning point for this team.
Cade was injured before the season started. Kirk in his brilliance throws an injured qb who can't run into the fire.
Good for Cade trying and being a tough guy. You have to be able to scramble and move to be a qb.
This could turn the whole O around.

Last edited:
Thoughts for tonight:

WRs can't catch
Stuck with Hill? Did you watch the game?
WRs can't catch, not on Hill. Had they have caught those balls the whole game probably would have played out differently. Hill will be getting first team reps now. Receivers cam now practice with him and know what to expect.
I'm actually excited. I think Hill is the deal.
Qb sneak, first down. Cade wasn't healthy enough to do that. Hill loolks like he's 30 years old. He's a full grown man with a cannon arm.

Imagine being this miserable after a win
I do not invest enough emotionally into Iowa football to feel too high or low after a win or a loss. If you watch other college games though, you can’t help but notice how inept the offense is comparatively to other P5 teams with whom I would compare to Iowa.

When you can audibly hear on national television the fans chanting “fire Brian.” A change is a reasonable talking point, even after a win.

Thoughts for tonight:

WRs can't catch
Again, the defense gave up three field goals

Im.exvited. Deacon had some good moments and a couple of bad decisions. First start, first win. This could be a turning point for this team.
Cade was injured before the season started. Kirk in his brilliance throws an injured qb who can't run into the fire.
Good for Cade trying and being a tough guy. You have to be able to scramble and move to be a qb.
This could turn the whole O around.
Yeh it just seemed like putting in a broken cade was killing the offense. I don't blame kirk/bf bc you brought this kid in to be "the guy".

But now that this chapter is over.... hill can start getting the reps... 1st string time....and now the team can rally around him. Might not be a terrible thing given the situation surrounding cade

Stuck with Hill? Did you watch the game?
Holy shit, no way you're actually saying this. Hill isn't awful, but he's absolutely not an improvement from Cade.

But I don't have any interest in getting into another debate with your dumbass.

Holy shit, no way you're actually saying this. Hill isn't awful, but he's absolutely not an improvement from Cade.

But I don't have any interest in getting into another debate with your dumbass.
I'll take this as sarcasm to give you the benefit of the doubt. Lol
Cade has been injured the whole season. We didn't see Cade. We saw a kid who is injured and should have never played a down until healthy.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Hill looks like he can belong at least. But they shouldn’t be calling sprint out passes with him. It doesn’t look like he throws well on the run. He relies too much on rifling passes with arm strength to throw an accurate pass and that goes to crap when he doesn’t have his feet set. Reminds me so much of Nathan Chandler in that regard. Bootlegs could be decent though.

Reactions: MizzuHawk
Your fan base is a bunch of poor losing poor winning trash.
You’re definitely mentally ill based on the number of handles you’ve continued to create to post here and the amount of time you hangout here.

Your team just got beat down at home and didn’t score until like the 4th qtr when the stadium was 3/4 empty. Bet you’re super pumped they stopped doing the balloon release after the first TD…

• Haha
You’re definitely mentally ill based on the number of handles you’ve continued to create to post here and the amount of time you hangout here.

Your team just got beat down at home and didn’t score until like the 4th qtr when the stadium was 3/4 empty. Bet you’re super pumped they stopped doing the balloon release after the first TD…
Why can't they ban this stupid ****er for life?

HawkPocrisy has been worthy of the Ignore option for a long, long time.

I do not invest enough emotionally into Iowa football to feel too high or low after a win or a loss. If you watch other college games though, you can’t help but notice how inept the offense is comparatively to other P5 teams with whom I would compare to Iowa.

When you can audibly hear on national television the fans chanting “fire Brian.” A change is a reasonable talking point, even after a win.
But invested enough to come here and bitch and moan about Brian and the offene.

But invested enough to come here and bitch and moan about Brian and the offene.
“Bitch and moan” would be a stretch. I’m traveling for work and typically jump on the board whenever I’ve got the time as there aren’t a lot of strangers who care to talk iowa football in the airport.

Are you okay with the offensive performance and do you feel this is the best we can do?

• Haha
I still say if Cooper was the starting qb his freshman season this would be a dynamic offense. He's as big as Purdy and is twice as athletic. How fun would that be to have him at qb?
The high school numbers were there for him to be a D1 qb.
Our O would be crazy fun.
Cooper can pass, watch his high school tape. Kid is a stud in case no one has noticed.
D , special teams, you think he wouldn't be dynamic at O. Of course he would.
Qb, receiver, running back. Kid is like a young version of Christian McCaffery.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think Hill improves quickly. I'm really excited to see the next game. He had like 7 or 8 dropped passes. Cade is done for the year. First team reps, get used to his arm, I think we see a big change in the O.
Ooohhhh yes drink that koolaid. This is awesome.

“Bitch and moan” would be a stretch. I’m traveling for work and typically jump on the board whenever I’ve got the time as there aren’t a lot of strangers who care to talk iowa football in the airport.

Are you okay with the offensive performance and do you feel this is the best we can do?
Is all your itching and moaning going to change a thing?
No I'm not okay withe the offensive performance but I don't come here to bitch and moan about it.

Reactions: doughuddl2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT