ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor Gone?

Reactions: LGEND24
This thread makes me hate people so much. I want KP to go to Iowa as much as anyone. Maybe more. But he's a 17 year old kid making a very difficult decision. His parents are regular people with regular jobs. Middle class all the way. If Alabama is offering 2 million or whatever....that's life changing money. Money that wasn't being offered back in June when he made his decision to go to Iowa. Nothing is guaranteed. The NFL might happen, or he might get seriously injured. This is real money now.

I know I shouldn't be surprised at how shitty people can be, especially when it comes to sports, but this is another level. Telling the kid to gfh? Really?

He's gone. Bama is stepping up huge on NIL with Proctor and 2 other 5 * stars between now and Wednesday.

It's over.

My take is he can do whatever he wants. Either way, Iowa will be fine and Bama will be fine. Maybe he is a difference maker, maybe he is not, nobody knows at this stage because he hasn't done it. My only problem with it, and this goes for all recruits, is if you aren't ready to commit, then don't commit. All it does is makes you look bad when you decommit and you did far worse damage to the team you initially committed to than if you didn't commit at all or committed somewhere else in the first place. The first team had held you a spot, didn't recruit over you and then left them at the last minute with nothing. I don't care for any person that does that to another person, personal or business.

I get it is all about the money, because in this case that is what it is all about. But I am sure that Iowa had an NIL deal for him as well so it wasn't 2 million vs. nothing.

This thread makes me hate people so much. I want KP to go to Iowa as much as anyone. Maybe more. But he's a 17 year old kid making a very difficult decision. His parents are regular people with regular jobs. Middle class all the way. If Alabama is offering 2 million or whatever....that's life changing money. Money that wasn't being offered back in June when he made his decision to go to Iowa. Nothing is guaranteed. The NFL might happen, or he might get seriously injured. This is real money now.

I know I shouldn't be surprised at how shitty people can be, especially when it comes to sports, but this is another level. Telling the kid to gfh? Really?
I'm not going to blame a kid for taking the money. I do think it's fair to criticize how he went about doing it. He certainly could have handled this situation better.

Can someone tell me what these kids are doing to get this NIL? Is it public info? I know it is being scammed, but I would love to see what he has to do to get his money.

Anyone know of any examples? They can’t just hand them money right?

My take is he can do whatever he wants. Either way, Iowa will be fine and Bama will be fine. Maybe he is a difference maker, maybe he is not, nobody knows at this stage because he hasn't done it. My only problem with it, and this goes for all recruits, is if you aren't ready to commit, then don't commit. All it does is makes you look bad when you decommit and you did far worse damage to the team you initially committed to than if you didn't commit at all or committed somewhere else in the first place. The first team had held you a spot, didn't recruit over you and then left them at the last minute with nothing. I don't care for any person that does that to another person, personal or business.

I get it is all about the money, because in this case that is what it is all about. But I am sure that Iowa had an NIL deal for him as well so it wasn't 2 million vs. nothing.
Fair point. But the reason kids commit early, especially a big recruit like KP, is their life becomes a circus during recruiting. They think that if they commit, the circus will end. But it only slows down.

He committed in late June. His senior season was coming up. He wanted to focus on that and stop the recruiting madness. But coaches kept coming. Collectives offering more money. His season ends with a state title pressure is off. It's hard not to listen. Especially when your folks work their asses off to pay their bills.

Reactions: millah_22
I'm not going to blame a kid for taking the money. I do think it's fair to criticize how he went about doing it. He certainly could have handled this situation better.
But you don't know how he handled it. All you know is what is said here. That's not reality.

Can someone tell me what these kids are doing to get this NIL? Is it public info? I know it is being scammed, but I would love to see what he has to do to get his money.

I was curious about this too, surely they have to attempt to disguise it in some way? Doing some commercials and signing some autographs maybe idk.

There is nobody enforcing any rules right now so anything and everything is going on right now. The NCAA is completely toothless in all of this.

Reactions: sabula

Turns out people who claim to love capitalism actually hate capitalism in practice.

I'm confused why you guys think Proctor comes in over night and makes this offense elite? Do we not remember having Linderbaum and Wirfs on our line and still struggling. Yea it's a huge loss but there's much bigger issues at hand.

Fair point. But the reason kids commit early, especially a big recruit like KP, is their life becomes a circus during recruiting. They think that if they commit, the circus will end. But it only slows down.

He committed in late June. His senior season was coming up. He wanted to focus on that and stop the recruiting madness. But coaches kept coming. Collectives offering more money. His season ends with a state title pressure is off. It's hard not to listen. Especially when your folks work their asses off to pay their bills.

Maybe so. I don't know. No matter the reason why, if this is true it is a real shame that this kid didn't have better mentors in his life to teach him what the word commitment actually means.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
If true, it's just a bad look, commit to us and then de-commit like we are trash. Sorry but reason it away how ever you want. Assuming he is a stud in college, KP not going to Iowa and going to BAMA affects Iowa more than it ever would have affected BAMA had it been reversed. This is another reason why I cannot stand Saban. I am all for KP doing what is best for his future and his family. So, in the end I hope he makes the best choice.

Then I see this on twitter...

Turns out people who claim to love capitalism actually hate capitalism in practice.
People are such hypocrites. GOTTA HONOR YOUR COMMITMENT!!! IF THIS WAS MY KID HE'D KEEP HIS PROMISE!! I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY THEY'RE OFFERING!! Pffffft. You know these honor your commitment guys would find a way to rationalize the decision to switch if they thought it was to their advantage. I bet most of these dudes have been divorced. That's certainly not honoring your commitment.

This isn’t over just yet. Who’s to say our NIL committee (The Swarm?) can’t shake the bushes and outbid Alabama tomorrow?

It wouldn’t feel as bad if, like Ross P, he hasn’t committed. It’s one thing if you’re never even in the hunt for a top recruit- happens to Iowa most years. But when they commit and say this is where they want to be, only to pull the rug out, it’s not extremely charitable. That being said, if his family’s life changes because of this, I wish them well.

Outside of how he did it I really don't blame KP. Even how he did it isn't the end of the world. We get MAC kids to flip all the time.

Mr. Piss and moan about A&M is doing the same thing he complained about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT